Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Thu, 18 August 2005 13:31 Go to next message
im selling my NA mr2 to purchase a supercharged mr2.

I bought the car at 155,000k's 6 months ago, i have had nothing but glorious driving from it. I've taken it to Albury, it never skips a beat.

I have my P's but im far from a thrasher, she gets only the best from me (including BP ultimate 98 octane.. 128.9 p/L Shocked )

I have seen a lot of mr2's around, and i always come back to mine, content because it's in such excellent condition.

Description list-

Factory red
Paint in almost immaculate condition (front bumper has light scratches / missing eyelashes which i have)
Interior in original condition
Aftermarket 15" rims (could be from a sports corolla)
Remote keyless entry/alarm/central locking
Power windows
Power mirrors
Air con (running well)
Carpeted boot
Tint

I don't think i've seen a tidier original AW11, nothing has ever stuffed up and everything works. Only reason for selling is i want more power, no point in pushing this one.

Price $7200 ono
Or swap for SC mr2 + cash to SC owner

Perfect condition mr2.

will get updated photo.

http://www.adam.com.au/snerf/my_mr2/mr2.JPG

Also i'm a motor trimmer and if you wish to have the seats and door trims retrimmed in leather, i can do it, raising the price to $8000 ono.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 13:36]

Send a private message to this user    
Entaran
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Thu, 18 August 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why don't you just swap in a 4agze? Smile

It'll be a better car for it anyway!!!

Finding a good 4agze mr2 is hard.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Thu, 18 August 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep,

i am selling mine to similar ks similar condition asking similar money.

good luck with the sale.

I have just been on carsales, carpoint and carsguide and there is a pretty big selection out there ATM.

Even some SCs for less, but as the previous post said they are not in good condition. It took me 12 months of looking before i found a good SC, paid top $ but it was worth every cent !!

How much do you expect to pay to find a good SC ??

benjamin is selling his have a look, there is afairly good one not far from me but he wants like 11000

I can fully understand your situation but i had my NA 15 years before i got the SC Laughing Laughing Laughing

I still think if the car is in really good condition i would be doing an engine swap, i know its a real hassle but at least you know what you have.

have you driven a stock SC ? cause i am sure if you want more power it wont be long till you want even more Evil or Very Mad

i dont know but depending on what you are going to do with the car i reckon a 3SGTE conversion is the way to gothen if you want more power there is plenty of available stuff you can do.

Just my 2 bobs
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Thu, 18 August 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agree with scott completley and you cant get s/c's unless they have been converted from n/a in red....

a 3sgte transplant is definatley the best bang for buck option out there...

it may be worth looking at benjamins mr2 its very tidy it makes 115kw atf on 15psi but im sure with a better i/c and aftermarket ecu you would be looking at closse to 130kw atw and thats quite a wild ride

good luck with the sale
hotmr2
Regular

March 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Fri, 19 August 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi all i would only recommend 4age or 4agze motors in aw11 mr2s. 3sgte is suitable for sw20 mr2s .....but its too heavy for aw11 mr2s or even have weight balance problems. so 4agzes are popular ,better and lighter for aw11s. someone has already done this b4 and wouldnt recommend 3sgte in aw11 mr2s, waste money thou.

u can look/read info of all types of mr2s at www.mr2club.com.au
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Fri, 19 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car,

I am kinda looking for one, but yours is a little out of the price range Sad

I'm after a bit of a "handyman's special" as opposed to the nice example you have.

If I were looking at doing a conversion on an aus spec NA I would forget about the GZE and drop in a 20v blacktop and 6 speed trans. Makes for a very clean and somewhat unique conversion.

If that still isn't enough for you toda racing have some nice cams and pistons for the 20v that will make it even more fun Very Happy
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Fri, 19 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it seems everyone is pushing for me to convert it Laughing

i'd like to, but it seems ALOT of work. the sorta work that keeps ur daily driver off the road for 6 months.. Embarassed
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Fri, 19 August 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno if this is comparable but a beams 3sge engine with LSD box in the AW11 isn't much heavier. Stock springs are going to be a problem perhaps. Couldn't really tell anything different with handeling.
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Fri, 19 August 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'll buck the trend!

Having been there and done that (converted to GZE), I wouldn't do it again.

Much easier to buy a GZE already done.

You're doing the right thing.

Dave
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Tue, 23 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 15:54

Well I'll buck the trend!

Having been there and done that (converted to GZE), I wouldn't do it again.

Much easier to buy a GZE already done.

You're doing the right thing.

Dave

Dave,

very fair point....thats what i did Very Happy it just took a long time to find a good one.

I am really happy with mine....but you always want more power Evil or Very Mad thats all i was getting at, if you will be satisfied with the GZE then yep just buy one . But in hind sight if you want more power than that ....well maybe its different or easier just to bolt on a big turbo Laughing Laughing
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Tue, 23 August 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr trim wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 13:30

it seems everyone is pushing for me to convert it Laughing

i'd like to, but it seems ALOT of work. the sorta work that keeps ur daily driver off the road for 6 months.. Embarassed

Maybe even consider paying a shop to do the conversion? I paid to get my silvertop 20v swapped in and it was done in literally a week and a half - costed a little over 4k including labour, parts and everything. Then I was able to sell off parts from the front cut.

Then again, if you want big potential a factory SC might be the way to go then you can go big boost 4agte without worry of anything breaking.

Is the GZE drivetrain basically unbreakable? (at least by the most power a 4agte can make?) I've heard its supposed to be pretty strong anyway
Sujesh
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Tue, 23 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE WATS DA LOWEST U CAN GO ??
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Tue, 23 August 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very true Scott!
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Tue, 23 August 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i won't go lower than $7k.

im not desperate to sell.

i've had a look around at the supercharged mr2's and well, i'll be spending an extra $4k for a sc mr2 in the same condition as mine. for that sort of money i may aswell keep mine coz i know it's in such good condition, and i can convert it myself.

+ no imports were red Laughing
Sujesh
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Wed, 24 August 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thats cool, where bout u located ??
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Wed, 24 August 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GZE boxes are definitely very strong. Mine is an E50 which is also whats in the ST165 GT4's, which are coded E50F2, It is a GT4 box minus the transfer case and has the gear linkages on the opposite side. I even used a gt4 manual to rebuild my box!!

If you have heard of Ben's MR2 from Unique Autosports in Castle Hill, his car has something like 350hp at the wheels and uses the standard box (which has only been rebuilt/reconditioned.) Also runs a 10.4 quarter I think...

I don't think you'll be able to make enough power out of a 4AGZE to kill a healthy gearbox.

Good luck with your car.

Ben
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: MR2 88' AW11 Aus delivered Wed, 24 August 2005 11:51 Go to previous message
I'm in adelaide.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Urgent SALE! 1990 Supra TUrbo! Or Swap!
Next Topic:delete please.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:43:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064949989318848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.