Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Mon, 30 August 2004 06:02 Go to next message
My new toy that I've had for just over a month now.
Pretty much stock SX except for a pod filter and a catback exhaust.
Modification wise, all i've done to it is put my stereo in and put a new pod and piping. I've got a few plans for it, but nothing major. Mainly improve the handling with some new springs, shocks and i may look into a rear strut brace and swaybars.
Other than that some mags

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/ROLLA/leftside.JPG

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 02:18]

Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Mon, 13 September 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u want it to handle like hell then lower it 1.5 inches, new shocks (probably kyb's or something) front and rear camber kits about 1.5 deg and get about 1 deg or castor and the thing will handle like hell, get whiteline to do it. PM cjeff if u wana know how it goes cause i went in his and its the first time id been scared by GOOD drving for a long time cause he was giving it heaps and it didnt reach braking point at all. whiteline reckon with that combo u dont need a swaybar cause the seca's are already set up really well.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Mon, 13 September 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for that info, any idea on the cost of that kit? just need to get idea on how much i need to save up after i chuck on some wheels.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Tue, 08 February 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an update, just picked the car up from getting some camber on the fronts Very Happy went to pedders to get it done as they are located locally compared to whiteline etc
feels a little different up front but i'll have to get back to you guys after i take it for a decent drive tonight.

although with all good news comes bad Sad it appears that i pretty much need to spend a lot more on the suspension than i originally thought, as bushes amongst other things need replacing.. teh worst.

oh yeah i finally got a set of wheels for the car and it looks pretty nice now. I don't know whether i'm going to bother lowering the car as there are just too many hassles with having a lowered car around my area with all the huge speedbumps. i think i'll just get some better shocks eventually.

I'll try and grab a camera and get some pictures of the car soon.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 13 February 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a pic with the wheels on it now. nothing too special, but at least the tyres are better than my old ones

http://img233.exs.cx/img233/4649/dscn16903hs.jpg
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 17 April 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a bit of an update, i was going to sell it to go for something a little different such as an AE86 although have decided to keep it and get some work done. I'll be looking into whiteline gear in the next couple of weeks and also bushes.

anyways i'll get a bit more up once the changes have come, but for now you'll just have to be happy with these pictures i got last weekend Very Happy

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/ROLLA/rollinmotion.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/ROLLA/drvwy.JPG
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 17 April 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good decision mike Very Happy keep us updated on the progress, what work have you got in mind?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 17 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the moment mainly suspension and some new wheels, i would love some buddy club P1's although they aren't the cheapest at $1350 for the wheels alone. i've also got to finish off the stereo, mainly just upgrading the front speakers with some door pods which i can get made up by a mate for a decent price.

however i'm not sure on what i'll do engine wise... was thinking of cams and a rebuild although i'm not sure whether its worth it. i'd also like to get some extractors but really it'll all depend on money.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Mon, 18 April 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if youre willing to travel to the eastern suburbs for the wheels, i'll try get that price down for the wheels, a few mates a bob jane do good prices for my mate and i. Same with the stereo, can get kicker splits for you for $200 (rrp$310), their cost price is $195 Very Happy . That's in granville tho...
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Mon, 18 April 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the offer dimmy, although i've got some speakers for the front which i bought a while ago which i'm going to put in. I'll get in touch with you about the wheels.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Tue, 19 April 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got a set of 16" simmons for the car that i'll be putting on when i get a new tyre and a little damage on them fixed up Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2005 04:38]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Mikes 1990 Corolla Seca SX - "The Shopping Trolley of Death" Sat, 04 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a quick update,

i've hadd all the suspension done. all new bushes from noltec, lovells srpings which have lowered the car just a little bit (25-40mm) and new shocks.

its a very stiff ride compared to before although the handling is great. before i had a lot of understeer although that has just about all gone now and the car is great to drive now.

just a quick picture of the new ride height here....

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/ROLLA/rolla%20001-2.JPG

also i've just got a new steering wheel, big thanks to 4agte for picking it up for me when he was over in japan. definately a big improvement on the standard sx one that was in need of replacing.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/ROLLA/newwheel.JPG

I've got a 20v lined up now aswell that i'll hopefully have in and going in the next 2 mnonths. i'm buying it off a mate who didn't get a chance to put it in his car since it was stolen. freshly rebuilt with a little bit of work, once i get the spec of it and poick it up i'll throw up some pictures of it and also hopefully of the conversion process.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mikes 1990 Corolla Seca SX Wed, 29 June 2005 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as some people know, i've had a Recaro SR-2 fitted recently and its awesome nice and huggy but not too stiff that its uncomfortable. drivers position has dropped a little bit with it which is great probably only an inch or so but you notice it.

i've also just purchased a silvertop 20v package from SSS which i'll begin work on this w/e doing the timing belt, front and rear mains aswell as the water pump. the engine only has 69k kms on it but i may as well replace all that just to save any hassles down the line.

i'm hoping to get it all in over the following 2 w/e's which would be great if possible, but i'm sure that there will be something that will stuff up along the way.

and also just an update on the simmons, they're off getting repaired currently and should be back and on the car this w/e which will be great. can finally ditch the current wheels and tyres which are just shocking.

I'll try and get a few progress pictures of the 20v conversion whilst i'm getting it done and also of the recaro and simmons Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 16:24]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 10 July 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome man. Your car is looking good
We'll need to go for another old pac trip when your car is back running...
You might hose me with the 20v and your souped up suspension

good luck with the engine conversion
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 10 July 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

can get kicker splits for you for $200 (rrp$310),

i just bought some today from wow
their awesome
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 10 July 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 18:03

Quote:

can get kicker splits for you for $200 (rrp$310),

i just bought some today from wow
their awesome

thanks for that wonderful input to the thread....

benjamin, definately be up for some old pac drives once its all done. haven't been down in ages and i'm beginning to miss that stretch of rd.

the 20v conversion is well underway. the 16v is out and we're just sorting it out now. big thanks to the witzl for all the help so far, no doubt that i wouldn't be anywhere without his assistance along with a bit of help from toobs.

if all goes to plan and the funds don't dry up it'll all be set to go to get the exhaust next weekend/monday and engineering shortly after Very Happy so it may make it out to the next monthly meet.

basically just getting the last of the parts now, discs, pads etc
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 10 July 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a picture with the simmons that someone took on dyno day.

car also managed 71.4 with the old smallport 4AGE which was a bit of a surprise.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/finnfamily/Cars/SASDD11-2.JPG

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 13:35]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1990 Corolla Seca SX Sun, 17 July 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out with the smallport, or as it has been called "formula atlantic goldtop" Razz

http://www.witzl.com/finney/goldtop.jpg

and the 20v. the engine is now in the bay although not much progress really. still waiting on brakes. looks like i'll be getting some DBA's soon, hopefully this week then i'll be able to take the car to get the exhaust hooked up on saturday.

http://www.witzl.com/finney/silvertop.jpg
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Sun, 17 July 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked cant wait till you get her back on the road mike....should be a sweet sound Very Happy
lef_ool
Occasional Poster

July 2004

Re: Finney's Seca SX Mon, 18 July 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile hey man the car looks sweet. youve done alot to it man so whats next for the sx.
lef_ool
Occasional Poster

July 2004

Re: Finney's Seca SX Mon, 18 July 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile hey man the car looks sweet. youve done alot to it man so whats next for the sx. how much room with the 20 valve in. Shocked
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Mon, 18 July 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work mate!

get some new bay pics up!
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Finney's Seca SX Mon, 18 July 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike all the best with the new engine, i bet ur going to be grinning ear to ear as soon as its up and running, good luck with it mate. Smile
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Finney's Seca SX Tue, 19 July 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate
Keep up the good work..hope the conversion goes smoothly without to many dramas!
Cheers Deano
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: Finney's Seca SX Thu, 21 July 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey finney hows it goin man. nice work with the car.
Just wondering what you are going to do with the old 16v engine out of your car. If you are interested in selling let me know as i am looking for one at the moment.

BTW the old celica is going well.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Thu, 21 July 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn the 20V looks sexy. Mate you have to call me the second this is finished and you are taking it for a drive somewhere!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Thu, 21 July 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schmitt: great to hear the celica is going well, i miss that car like nothing else, but i do have plans to get another one in about 1-2 years and do everything that planned to do when i had that one. the 16v is already sold, if he backs out i'll let you know but he is buying it to rebuild since it really needs one.

Alchemist: don't you worry i'll let you know when it's done and i'll take you for a drive up the old road Wink
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Finney's Seca SX Thu, 21 July 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 00:35

Alchemist: don't you worry i'll let you know when it's done and i'll take you for a drive up the old road Wink

And I'll follow in Alchemist's Supra so we can all swap cars at the other end Very Happy hehehe

Hope it's everything you're wishing for when finished dude.. After talking AE92 to you for hours I'd say we have a lot of the same thoughts/ideas for our cars but unfortunately most of them will probably never come into fruition for me..

Good luck and I hope to see it on the road soon. I know that engine sure as hell looked VERY nice and clean when I saw it at Witzl's place, so it's gonna look great in the bay Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX Fri, 22 July 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already does Paul Razz

now i just have to make those little plastic covered copper strands connect to some other places and allow the flow of electrons to permiate in the desired manner.

I might actually even make this conversion into a much better conversion guide than what i have seen on the internet so far (minus Jason Purcell's job on www.4age.net & www.rollamods.com), there isnt any decent readable wiring diagrams anywhere! Razz

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Fri, 22 July 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually that reminds me, i was meant to get diagrams with the engine package... Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX Fri, 22 July 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already sorted Mr Finney Smile

I've also started diagramising the body loom section (ie - the body side of the grey and black engine loom plugs)..... this is something hardly anyone ever does/never shares info of....

Just need to finish my 2nd beer, get changed, eat some high carb food, have a couple of ciggies and get started Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX Tue, 02 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how to wire a 20V.....

http://www.witzl.com/finney/bolt-on.jpg

http://www.witzl.com/finney/engine-bay-mess.jpg

http://www.witzl.com/finney/red-wire.jpg

http://www.witzl.com/finney/monkey-bay.jpg

and WOOOO!!! an engine!!!

http://www.witzl.com/finney/wiring-done.jpg

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Finney's Seca SX Wed, 03 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you actually do some pretty nice work karl once you get started looks the goods

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 00:12]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Wed, 03 August 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm think i need to get some sellys all clear for the heaterbox looking at that discolouration Razz
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Wed, 03 August 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is starting to look quite finished, does it run yet? And that't one tidy install Karl, very tidy indeed!
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Thu, 04 August 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work what figures are u hoping for
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Thu, 04 August 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno... probably high 70's
not too fussed at the moment. i'm toying with the idea of running a turbo with stock compression Evil or Very Mad theres one in QLD that managed 160hp at the wheels on 5psi which would be plenty. other than that i'll just aim for 100fwkw natuarally aspirated.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX Mon, 08 August 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it kinda runs Razz
there are a couple of gremlins to deal with, which unfortunately i dont have the time to deal with right now.

Yeah its really not too hard to make a 20V install look neat. Just try to simply the way things fit and cover the messy stuff with the big items (like airbox/afm/intake pipe).

I'll hopefully have everything sorted by the end of the weekend, and Mr Finney can drive away and be ready for the broke cruise on the 21st Smile
I say hopefully because knowing my fucking luck something will decide to unleash nastiness upon me from within that engine bay...
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Tue, 09 August 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish i could go for broke on the 21st... but no can do, no leave available for that w/e at work Sad

thats not to say i won't be out later that night terrorising the roads Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX Wed, 10 August 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's hoping buddy Smile

about to do some research for you now.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX Sat, 13 August 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's early.... Cool

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1123970883.jpg
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX Mon, 15 August 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and its alive!!!! Very Happy

big thanks to the witzl for all the work done on the car Wink
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Mon, 15 August 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what was the problem?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Mon, 15 August 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice, so when are you giving me a ride in this eh?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Wed, 17 August 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe witzl said that it was the iscv, idle speed control valve?
nathan, still be a little while. got some tidying up to do and also have to get one of my wheels repaired again since its still leaking despite already being fixed once Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Thu, 18 August 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
problem was combination ISCV and me doing some silly stuff with the brake booster lines Razz

So far i havent heard from Finney - so i would say it's mostly sorted Razz

Oh... and i forgot to take pics of my finalised wiring.... BRING IT BACK FINNEY!!!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Thu, 18 August 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be back around this weekend some stage to pick up some of the stuff i've left lying around. and yes all is well, when cold it's not terribly happy, but once its warmed up a bit its great. i've got no 2nd thoughts about going with the 20v, it feels like an all new car now. Very Happy
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Thu, 18 August 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude good to see the car looking sweet. damn u, ur 20v looks so clean, mine looks more like your old 16V i hopes its not an indication of how itll perform Sad

oh well.

anyway i just realised the advise i gave u when u started the thread, all up what did u end up doing with the suspension?

cheers

Dom
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Thu, 18 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think my stern directives are what caused this engine+engine bay to look that clean...

teh witzl said to Finneh

CLEAN THAT SHIT NIGGA!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Thu, 18 August 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:49

anyway i just realised the advise i gave u when u started the thread, all up what did u end up doing with the suspension?

hahaha just realised the advice you gave me ages ago.

with the suspension i went for lovells springs 25-40mm lower and the camber is -1.5 on the front and -1 on the rear, along with noltec nolethane bushes. car handles really well with the current set up, i doubt i'll look into upgrading the swaybars as it's pretty good at the moment.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Fri, 19 August 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i take it u noticed it now has minimal understeer on turn in, possibly even a touch of oversteer that evens out when u plant it?

i hate it when ppl say FWD's suck,, they obviously dunt know how to moify them properly!

what did you use to clean ur engine? i may as well get all the tinge off mine while its on the stand
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Sat, 20 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once the car was lowered and had new bushes put in i was noticing the oversteer on the exits of corners.

just used some inox to clean up the cam covers a little bit but it was pretty much like this when i got it from SSS.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Sat, 20 August 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude that looks Schmick. So cant wait to see the car in the flesh looks really nice.

Hope get to see you on cruise soon where abouts do you live.

I could swear i have seen those number plates around ????

Cheers Matt
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Sat, 20 August 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doubt you've seen the car/plates, i'm around horsby way
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Sun, 21 August 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought i have cause i always drive through castle hill to north ryde and also around wahroonga but then maybe not.

All well

Still nice car mate.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Sun, 21 August 2005 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finney, did you have the Pedder's Suspension "is shit" sticker on your car - just trying to match name to car from the February Pac Run?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Mon, 22 August 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he did for a day
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Mon, 22 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahha yeah that was me. I was just reminded of that last week when I went to get a wheel allignment and the put another sticker on the car before they even started doing the allignment. Needless to say it's gone now Laughing
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Tue, 23 August 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell is this inox shit i've been hearing so much about?

whats it used for and whats it supposed to do?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Finney's Seca SX - Now with 4 extra valves! Tue, 23 August 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
NVD05X wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 22:31

what the hell is this inox shit i've been hearing so much about?

whats it used for and whats it supposed to do?

its like WD40

http://www.por15.co.nz/Inox%20Products/spray_lube. htm
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turbo TA23 **PICS**
Next Topic:tims ae 92 sx
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:34:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095291137695312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.