Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 27 July 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 18:14

see you tomorrow Cool

Yep. Be there about 1030am

Thanks Paul
  Send a private message to this user    
miiitch
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 29 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car looks great, wen r u gettin ur bodykit resprayed?
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Craig, Lookin great, Been Blueslipped yet?

PS, Sent you a PM Very Happy
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the leb said you phoned
what the fuck??
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Paully! I tried ringin u but it rang out so i rang habiby. I'll give u a buzz now and tell u what happened.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres a few pics of the front
Note: C/F bonnet should be arriving within 3 weeks.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0451.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0456.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0464.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not the final coat is it??

and ps, you are gunna get the clear frontbar indicators right?
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 21:33

thats not the final coat is it??

and ps, you are gunna get the clear frontbar indicators right?

haha of course not man. Both front bars have been primered, i just sat them on the brackets and took a couple of shots cuz i was bored. Next week they'll get painted though. Nah i just went with orange indicators man. I thought about it though Wink

$80 *orange* Vs $200 *clear*

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 30 July 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but damn itd look gooD!
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sun, 31 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can loan you a trade plate to bring her up???
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 02 August 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took the car to South Coast Rotary for a computer/dyno tune this morning.

Pulled out 78RWKW (104HP) opposed to 75KW(1stNov2003). Pretty happy about that. Considering the 75kw tune was running no airbox and open-to-air socks, where-as the current tune would've been a slightly more restrictive setup with the airbox and gained 3 more kws. The car just feels so much more responsive and smoother. They did an awesum job with the map and got rid of a major flat spot it had. Its sitting on idle very well and is much more quieter.

On top of that i finally got the car registered too, and scored sum JDM(Black/Grey) door trims of Pauly.

Taku
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 02 August 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not a expert or anything, but isnt like a stock 4AG make at least 100kw?

Or is this something else. Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 02 August 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats 100kw at the flywheel...

and thats ALSO an AE92 redtop 4A-GE

craig's engine is an AE101 silvertop 4A-GE.
the original 20 valve engines were 'rumored' to make 160kw at the flywheel, rofl
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
75rwkw... were you expecting more than that? What is it at the flywheel? Also whats the 4age at the wheels roughly?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't seem very good.
Should be around 85kw
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its turbo time!... just kidding. I was expecting a bit more power than that. oh well
MarioJ
Occasional Poster

Banned User

August 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
South Coast rotaries are just a bunch of old farts, they f&*K up my mates rotor, all 6 apex seals GONE.
Take it to JEM Wink

P.S. Dont expect much from those piss weak 20v
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 22:10

Took the car to South Coast Rotary for a computer/dyno tune this morning.

Pulled out 78RWKW (104HP) opposed to 75KW(1stNov2003). Pretty happy about that. Considering the 75kw tune was running no airbox and open-to-air socks, where-as the current tune would've been a slightly more restrictive setup with the airbox and gained 3 more kws. The car just feels so much more responsive and smoother. They did an awesum job with the map and got rid of a major flat spot it had. Its sitting on idle very well and is much more quieter.

On top of that i finally got the car registered too, and scored sum JDM(Black/Grey) door trims of Pauly.

glad to be off service
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarioJ wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 14:15

South Coast rotaries are just a bunch of old farts, they f&*K up my mates rotor, all 6 apex seals GONE.
Take it to JEM Wink

P.S. Dont expect much from those piss weak 20v

Yeah what ever... Rolling Eyes

Why would i take it to JEM when S.C.R done a top job with the tuning at a very good price and they're even local.

WaLLLY wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 10:20

75rwkw... were you expecting more than that? What is it at the flywheel? Also whats the 4age at the wheels roughly?

if u read the post carefully i got 78kw not 75. 75 was when it got tuned last time. And no i was not expecting more than that, in fact i wouldn't of been surprised if i got less than 75 because of the airbox. And fuck turbo, it isnt my application.

Evan wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 11:00

Doesn't seem very good.
Should be around 85kw

85KW @ the wheels out of a stock internal AE101 20V haha my ass. Maybe out of a blacktop. Rolling Eyes
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry my bad, "75+ that extra 3kw"

WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 03 August 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit: double post Mad

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 10:39]

AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys

78kw at the wheels sound about right guys. Silver top 20v puts out about 120kw at the engine so say power loss through the drivetrain is about 30% give or take and you get about 84kw. Also with power outputs from paper and factory manuals etc, they are tuned and dynoed to maximum power under perfect conditions.

Also you have to take consideration of every dyno is different and readings can be slightly different. There are many descrepancies as well which can change the output by few kw such as type of fuel/octane booster/avgas Smile as craig said air box and other mods. Im sure this is just the begining for craig, now that hes got it back on the road, he be ready to start extracting more power from his motor.

Also with N/A cars, its not easy to extract power from your engine with breathing mods and bolt on mods as the 20v is probably is already a pretty finely tuned engine and good for what it is but probably increase response.

Also your dyno and tuner can add a multipler effect to your dyno results if you guys want to have a good brag haha.

Anyways good job on the 86 Craig, alot of attention definately paid to small detail and as long you happy with it.

Regards

WEi

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 06:56]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

Thanks Wei.
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was this tuned with the standard ecu,mines running microtech and extractors and pulled 112.5rwhp.that was done at rx engineering in newcastle.
Just depends on if the tuner knows what there doing,the first tune was done somewhere else with my car and only pulled 74rwkws.
the 20vs have to be tuned in a matrix program.3D graphing if u get what i mean.hope this gives u an idea of power ur missing out on

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 07:38]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was tuned with the microtech

Kev from S.C.R defnitly knows what he is doing with microtech. He done a top job with it, quietened the engine noise down and is running twice as smoother than before. He explained everything he done with detail and spends the time with his customers to ensure they are satisfied.

I dont give a crap how much more power other 20v's have, its enuff power as it is for my application

As Wei said earlier, all dynos differ-
The only way you can solve this is take our cars to the next toymods dynoday and use the same dyno. Then you can find the real difference between other RWD setup 101 20V's

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 08:03]

ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not bagging ur ride dude,just explaining how mine was tuned and power out put.by the way when is the next dyno day? Smile
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last dyno day was last month, so im guessing its about 11 months till the next one Very Happy

Nice work Craig, Have you finished painting everything now?
Cant wait to see it in the flesh again, this time rolling under its own power. Mabey we will see you at the next OP drift night?

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck the haters man

time for cams, pistons and new springs Very Happy
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 18:39

Last dyno day was last month, so im guessing its about 11 months till the next one Very Happy

Cant wait to see it in the flesh again, this time rolling under its own power. Mabey we will see you at the next OP drift night?

Thanks Craig. Very Happy Just gotta paint the sideskirts and rear bar now. Hopefully 25 more days it will be on the street. Maybe Sept 24th for Fatz or Sept 30th for D-Day. See what happens though

ae86drift wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 18:44

fuck the haters man

if only money grew on trees
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 19:49

cannonball wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 18:39

Thanks Craig. Very Happy Just gotta paint the sideskirts and rear bar now. Hopefully 25 more days it will be on the street. Maybe Sept 24th for Fatz or Sept 30th for D-Day. See what happens though

ae86drift wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 18:44

fuck the haters man

if only money grew on trees

money does grow on trees Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 19:57

it sure does. dangerous trade those money trees tho.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 20:02

SEXY 16 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 19:57

it sure does. dangerous trade those money trees tho.

i will take my chances Cool
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth - Cheech
Paul - Chong
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 20:25

Garth - Cheech
Paul - Chong

ahaha you couldnt be more wrong! rofl!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 05 August 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Money also comes in boogie board bags.............. Wink
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 09 August 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mind tellin me how much it cost roughly to get it fine tuned on dyno? or how long does it take?
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 10 August 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gwaijaitat wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 20:41

mind tellin me how much it cost roughly to get it fine tuned on dyno? or how long does it take?

Computer/Dyno Tune: All up it was $220 including new spark plugs (as the old platinum ones were all fowled) and one of the injector clips was broken which they fixed.
Willy86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Wed, 10 August 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice mate ! I like it, would love to see it one day Wink
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 12 August 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig's gonna bring it to south beach and show off to all the habibs Razz

But yeah, can't wait to see it in the flesh....
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 16 August 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres what it looks like at the moment

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0487.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0480.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0484.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0488.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0491.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0490.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/100_0494.jpg
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Thu, 18 August 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coming along splendidly chief... how much longer till completion do u estimate...?

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 11:37]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 19 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFT - 86 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 21:36

coming along splendidly chief... how much longer till completion do u estimate...?

Thanks
Next week the rear bar and sideskirts are getting painted then its all pretty much complete. Should be on the road driving on the 31st August.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 19 August 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great stuff all round Smile
slipknot86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 19 August 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just interested to ask that if u got any problem getting it engineered and blue slipped?
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 19 August 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh everythings alright
slipknot86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 19 August 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers,,,and can i ask how much u paid??for it to be engineered and blue slipped?? thanks,,,btw,,,great great car.....nice work
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 19 August 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lovely, just lovely.

-Jay
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 20 August 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slipknot86 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 22:38

just interested to ask that if u got any problem getting it engineered and blue slipped?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 20 August 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There ya go Pauly what do u think of the trims now? Wink

- JDM Door trims fitted
- Alpine 6" 200W 2way speakers installed

***Pictured below***

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 07:15]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 20 August 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wah SR levin door trim!

hehe nice
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sat, 20 August 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 21:16

There ya go Pauly what do u think of the trims now? Wink

- JDM Door trims fitted
- Alpine 6" 200W 2way speakers installed

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/3856/10005074pz.jpg

bling bling
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sun, 21 August 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curiuosly, what fabric is that craig?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Sun, 21 August 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the fabric that came standard on GT EUDM and SR JDM levins
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Mon, 22 August 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which would be.... lol
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Mon, 22 August 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 20:03

which would be.... lol

rough? and smelling like old car?

errr?
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Mon, 22 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha as soon as I saw that pic the other day, I could straight away feel it on my skin. My grandpa used to have lounges that had the same material on them, it's sort of like an annoying thick carpet-like material. My old man reckon's it's made of wool obviously, but with nylon in there too, maybe it's the nylon that makes skin feel itchy. Trust Toyota to use it in their door inserts for some model Sprinter's lol. Laughing Cool
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 23 August 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of side skirts are they?
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Tue, 23 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 10:06

What sort of side skirts are they?

Goodline
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Thu, 25 August 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rear Bar and sideskirts primered fitted up (Painted next Monday)
T50 rear gasket replaced (due to leak)
Tailshaft Seal replaced
TRD Leather Gearknob fitted
JDM Gear Booth fitted

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1690/1000543copy0av.jpg

Awaiting BJ Union 100/90W Halogen/9LED Parkers/6LED interior/4LED Numberplate globes. Kouki parkers and Kouki upper and lower Headlamp eyebrows.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Craig's AE86 Ground up project! Getting close to completion Fri, 26 August 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ohh, 9led parkers and led numberplate globes...Is this a custom job?

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 15:55]

Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke.....
Next Topic:Sigheri`s KE35 from Norway!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:30:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013127088546753 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.