Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 15 August 2005 03:09 Go to next message
Hi guys/gals, just wondering if anyone likes to drift in gt4 and can play online (Xlink) would love to battle!

view vid http://www.rlodesigns.com/images/arlodrift.wmv
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 15 August 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
average if you want a game to drift in get Live for Speed 2, even forza on xbox.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 15 August 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, i cant get online with my PS2, but what settings/car are you using to drift?
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 15 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:21

Sorry, i cant get online with my PS2, but what settings/car are you using to drift?

N2 tires, no driver aids, brake balance rear biased, auto setting 5 on transmission, lower ride height... and most of all practise, engine mods not nessarsay, but my blitzr34 is running stage3 turbo (630kw), but its a bit of a handfull...
TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 15 August 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im having truble holding phat drifts in GT4 still. I keep ending up snapping back visciously the other way and doing a burnout.

In GT3 I was a master! Evil or Very Mad I have found that the FD3 series 4/5 rotors are again good drifters though.
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Tue, 16 August 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

TRD-GTI wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 22:06

im having truble holding phat drifts in GT4 still. I keep ending up snapping back visciously the other way and doing a burnout.

Yes GT3's physics weren't quite as realistic as the physics in GT4, which makes drifting harder, but much more appreciative. How much horsepower are you using? Too much will tend to help on the snap back, and also try reducing the grip on the front end, it is a balance between reducing it just enough so it will grip (not understeer). And most of all practise, try not to overcorrect for too long, eventually it'll get grip and snap, so just overcorrect and then ease back to center...

TRD-GTI wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 22:06

In GT3 I was a master! Evil or Very Mad I have found that the FD3 series 4/5 rotors are again good drifters though.

btw i haven't used the mazda's much, but most RWD imports are good. One of my Fav's is the MR2 GTS 97 and the s2000 (cause you can see the driver at work!)...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Tue, 16 August 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any car will snap back pretty hard. I've done it in my stock AE86 S.S. (or Takumi) eddition and my mild AE86.

Best way I have found to drift is don't hold the power down, and don't counter steer. Just get a nice inertial drift happening. My MX5 (about 350kw) gets very sideways and I hardly touch the power throught the corner. Just break hard, flick out the wrong way, drop a gear, turn in hard back the other way (a bit early) then let off the break. The thing slides very well. As I have to adjust or exit the corner, I repeatedly tap the throttle, making sure I'm not touching the steering otherwise it'll snap back. As it grips up I hold the throttle down (smoothly engaging it) and take controll of the steering again.

I'm currently working on making an N/A drifter AE86, but those things are hard to drift! Not nearly as tail happy as they are in real life. I might try some more camber on the fronts and just economy tyres on the back (rather than medium sports tyres).
TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Tue, 16 August 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i've noticed that countersteering is the killer. even when your still burning rubber at over 120kph in a straight line, the slightest amount and its a high speed loose; after 6 or so feeble attempts to cover it Very Happy

I reckon no more than 400hp definately. I run 4 deg front camber, but still seem to get a little initial understeer. maybe I have the shocks too stiff?? frnts bound 4, rebound 7-8 and rears usually one less of each

ae86 slide
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 17 August 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I considered myself a master in GT3 aswell and also had trouble when i first tried to drift in GT4 but after alot of frustrating practice i figured a few things out.

you definatly need the right tyres, they have to be standard road tyres, power isnt the issue, as someone else said it is alot more realistic than GT3, so just like in real life if you are only sliding at 30 degrees and counter steer at full lock you will flick back hard.

So use of the analogue control is necessary to hold the right angle of steering,

TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 17 August 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you definatly need the right tyres, they have to be standard road tyres

I liked in GT3 that you could have sticky slicks onthe front and dirty road bikkies on the back to get it real loose Evil or Very Mad

Cant seem to mix and match between types in GT4 only compounds?
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 17 August 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to use the spoon s2000 to drift with little success. I've tried super soft tyres on the front and just about everything else on the rear. Not easy.
CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Thu, 18 August 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a series of photos taken of me overtaking an EVOVI at the first hairpin turn after the tunnel at SSR5. These pics were taken in single player arcade mode with stock cars. I'm using N2 tires all round and zero-countersteer drift the turn. The drift was executed perfectly, with an out-in-out approach with no steering input after losing traction.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx71.jpg
Braking before the turn, shifting weight to the front to break traction to the rear tires

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx72.jpg
Different angle of the first pic. Im a bit behind the evo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx73.jpg
Initial turn in, beginning to drift towards the apex of the turn

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx74.jpg
Getting a bit more angle towards the clipping point

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx75.jpg
Probably what I look like in the Evo's rear view mirror

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx76.jpg
still drifting at the clipping point. Still no countersteering

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx78.jpg
After clearing the apex, starting to drift to the outside

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx79.jpg
Caught up to the evo, almost kissing its ass

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx710.jpg
Still drifting, the drift takes me to the outside of the evo before i crash into his rear end. (was pretty close to hitting)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx711.jpg
Stopped drifting and have full traction.

CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Thu, 18 August 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Supra_Saiyan/rx712.jpg
Lining up with the evo, about to overtake.

The whole time i was at full throttle and no countersteer.
4 wheel zero countersteer drift! Smile

btw, we dont have a gt4 photo thread do we?
ae86 slide
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Thu, 18 August 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you post pics, cant figure it out. i have so many slide pics
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Thu, 18 August 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do u play GT4 online ? i use the HKS S15 car to drift with a Stage 4... my settings are:
Susp: 15/16KG (max)
Hide: 70mm front and rear
front camber: 2.0
rear: 10.0
toe angle rear: +2
stabliser: front + rear 7

Sports tyres 3: soft drifts very well likes to get hte tail out.. try it!
ae86 slide
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Fri, 19 August 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im telling ya try an ae86 or standard s13 something underpowerd, do 2 way LSD, racing suspension (realistic settings), standard road tyres , and for the AE86 just port polish, racing exhaust, ECU, and maybe stage 1 or 2 weight reduction, mine only has 150ps and drifts like a gem.

then practice sliding the less powerfull cars, they are much easier to control when your starting of.

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a trick with the AE86 is to use alot of toe-out. This will stop it from snapping back easily with counter steer.
It'll tend to understeer, but just make use of the handbrake for corner entry.
ae86 slide
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah a fair bit of camber on the front helps to, i run about 3.2
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i could be fucked making a vid i would, ive been setting up cars to drift in GT4 since before the aussie release, my favourite car being the SS trueno.

I find a good way to minimise the snap back, is to run the lsd about 1.3-1.5 way. if its setup 2way, snapback is more frequent.

Also, i find that i can drift well, linking corners etc, with almost anything, the midgit 2 for example. Its only got something like 70hp... but i can link up most of autumn ring and other small tracks, nos helps on some of the bigger corners.

to the guy up above with the rx7 with no countersteer, good effort man, but the reason u dont need to countersteer is because you havent got much angle.

i wanna get a 900deg wheel and see what thats like, not just for gt4, but also for D1 grand prix and kaido battle.
TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i wanna get a 900deg wheel and see what thats like,
Shocked Shocked FUCK ME!!!! is that like a on bmx when you do a phat handlebar spin haha

its meant to be 90deg im sure, sorry couldnt help myself
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually the GT4 steering wheel does have 900 deg of rotation which is 3 complete turns from lock to lock. Pretty normal if you think about it.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i wanna know is why those pics have the SCEI copy right on em? just like official demo piictures for reviews sites etc

hahaha
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-GTI wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 18:58

Quote:

i wanna get a 900deg wheel and see what thats like,
Shocked Shocked FUCK ME!!!! is that like a on bmx when you do a phat handlebar spin haha

its meant to be 90deg im sure, sorry couldnt help myself

Hihi your a fag

sorry couldnt help myself Rolling Eyes
TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hihi your a fag
Oh gee thanks your so kind. Laughing - are you interested? Wink

If its not too late to admit that I misunderstood; I thought that u were meaning 90deg of steering lock ie max opposite lock drift. dont worry, I wont bother having an opinion next time
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol dude!

its all fun n games... here on toymods anyways

on ns.com the shit giving is 10x! Razz

bwhahaha
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 20 August 2005 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sun, 21 August 2005 02:00

lol dude!

its all fun n games... here on toymods anyways

on ns.com the shit giving is 10x! Razz

bwhahaha

That's 'cuz people on ns.com are more interested in their fully six reputationz than having a laugh and enjoying driving...

heh heh. Had to use the oportunity to take a dig at ns.com. Wink

I've been messing with a HEAVILY worked AE86 N/A to get it sideways. Stage 3 tune, prettymuch everything done to it.
I got it drifting pretty well for a while, but then tried to "fix it" and ended up breaking it and can't get it to drift again. I think the settings I had where sports soft tyres on front, sports hard on back, 4 camber on front, 1.5 on back, -1 toe on back, 1 on front, and soft springs on the rear with hard on the front. I can't seem to tweak it back to it's previous awesomeness though.

I'm using the Trueno S.S. as my N/A track car. Non-drift (Even though it gets a bit sideways sometiems) Wink
CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sun, 21 August 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 19:16

If i could be fucked making a vid i would, ive been setting up cars to drift in GT4 since before the aussie release, my favourite car being the SS trueno.

I find a good way to minimise the snap back, is to run the lsd about 1.3-1.5 way. if its setup 2way, snapback is more frequent.

Also, i find that i can drift well, linking corners etc, with almost anything, the midgit 2 for example. Its only got something like 70hp... but i can link up most of autumn ring and other small tracks, nos helps on some of the bigger corners.

to the guy up above with the rx7 with no countersteer, good effort man, but the reason u dont need to countersteer is because you havent got much angle.

i wanna get a 900deg wheel and see what thats like, not just for gt4, but also for D1 grand prix and kaido battle.

race drift Wink

terra wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 21:38

what i wanna know is why those pics have the SCEI copy right on em? just like official demo piictures for reviews sites etc

hahaha

Thats how it comes out when you upload to usb drive. I've still got the replay saved and i can take a pic of my tv if u dont believe it was me.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sun, 21 August 2005 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i neve rused any of the fancy gt4 stuff.. but why did they have to loose the overlay replay mode Sad
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 22 August 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 21:15

how do u play GT4 online ?

Well go get yourself a ps2 network card if you havent already done so, then sign up to this website http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/index.php , and download the software. Then go here http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=651 71 to manually configure your ps2 to work with xlink, and then let me know when you want to battle... Cool
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 22 August 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4455/img00044ie.jpg

car i like to drive lately, forgot what it is,
had some fun here making it really high and all the suspension setting soft and lots o body roll..pretty funny to watch,

and this is with standard settings apart from lowered

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1512/img00055sv.jpg
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 22 August 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 900 degree steering wheel.
Problem is cant find any other games that recognise it as it runs from the usb port other than GT4.....
And I cant get any dori dori action working using it at all....
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 22 August 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can i get a 900deg wheel? and how come u cant slide with it? to hard to make it come back quick enough?

i wanna get em at work so i can try before i buy..
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Mon, 22 August 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4984/hmmm14ix.th.jpg

back in the days of when i didnt have forza, I have moved on to better things now Very Happy but we should start a drift GT4 pics thread Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 11:41]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Tue, 23 August 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LeaThaL wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 21:39

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4984/hmmm14ix.th.jpg

back in the days of when i didnt have forza, I have moved on to better things now Very Happy but we should start a drift GT4 pics thread Razz

haha so true, haven't played gt4 but i had forza and moved on to LFS2 for drift it makes forza look lame. Forza is still good but nothing in comparison to LFS2 and drift.
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 24 August 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you want some real fun drift???

i havent tried this on gt4 yet, but it worked on gt3

get in a stock 206 gti or little fwd 4 banger, pick a track, then just hold the handbrake up and the power at the same time

then watch as you get some insane sideways action, which you can always get back Very Happy

not as much fun as the rwds but, it's good for a laugh with 2players doing at the same time Razz
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 24 August 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i did that with the ST184 i had in it, all mods with a supercharger (woundnt let you turbo it Confused) and just fly into a long corner and handi' it around Razz its even more fun inn the Grp A St185 tho, all four are spinninng as you fling around the corners Very Happy Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 24 August 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i was doing that in the fwd in LFS2 last night, set it up for natural over steer ie stiff as rear end and you don't even need to flick it in or brake to get angles. But i have 95% rear brake bias so no need for hand brake just tap the brakes and the arse swings, or you can ride the brakes all the way round the track just spinning the fronts.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Wed, 24 August 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Games Boutique of anyplace like that should have it, just ask for a Logitech Driving Force Pro - 900degree wheel for ps2, they should know what it is... wuz couple hundred though.

And yea, I cant get the thing to drift. I cant seem to find a borderline point where u can start to loose traction and the azz start to slideout (and be able to hold and recover it with steering) without doing a full spin..... Besides on dirt of course....... thats where all the fun is with one of these wheels hehe.
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Fri, 26 August 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think forza is fucking great for dorifto pple, especially the ae86 with around 300kw(NA, 3sge conversion) love the response fromthe motor, is awesome, will post some digital camera pics of my replays when i get a chance
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Sat, 27 August 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the lsd full customise i feel that i cant hold the drift as long in an 86

only works well with the hard power..

help?

and 86 shigeno version with road tires rocks!
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Gran Turismo 4 drifting/Xlink Tue, 30 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous message
Bah, who needs these modern, Japanese cars to drift?Evil or Very Mad
I've been using the Dodge Charger, in Dukes of Hazzard orange, craps on the jap stuff. Just has suspension, 2 way LSD, twin plate.
Bigger angles, more predictable than most of the jap stuff. You can come into the sweeper at the end of Tsukuba's back straight, turn in, tap the brakes, then feather the throttle and slide all the way round to the start straight - in the dry!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/floody79/dooksdodgedrift.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/floody79/GTSRnurburgringslidemeister.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/floody79/deutschdrifto.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/floody79/dishxr4sprinta.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Improved's weekly video's
Next Topic:Wheel Repairer in CANBERRA / ACT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:07:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090188980102539 seconds