Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Is this broken?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 12:39 Go to next message
Umm I fucked my ankle not sure if it's broken or sprained badly, is there any way you can tell for sure?

[img][/url] Thats the fucked ankle

[img]
[/url]this is what my foot normally looks like from a simlar angle (other foot)

[img]
[/url]the fucked foot from another angle

[img]
[/url]and another.

It didn't hurt that much when I did it but throbbed like 15 min later until the next morning when it stopped hurting so much but my ankle was swollen up to a reasonable size, now the pain is almost gone but my whole foot is swollen (not just the ankle).I can put weight on my toes but not on the heel.

How long should it take before you can walk again after a bad sprain?

I know I should go to the doctor but I don't wanna pay $35 if they just tell me to rest it.

and yes I have been doing the Ice/compression/elevation thing
  Send a private message to this user    
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty bad to me, just pay the money and get an answer. Only $35 man
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice!!!

can u put any weight on it??

its more than a sprain it looks like uve snapped ligaments and its likely u could of chipped bone but from wat ive heard a broken ankle is pretty painful n its one of those things where u just know uve broken it...

how did u do it?

u gotta ice like crazy n get the swelling down asap i had an ankle that looked a bit like that about a month ago but i think i had re injured it so it wasnt as painful and i was ok...

go get it looked at tho the bruising is cover most of ur foot so it doesnt look good...normall if u have bruising on just the one side it means uve snapped something from that side...so u do the math Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 12:46]

#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think I'll go to outpatients, I hate doctors and I hate paying them

I can put weight on it and it doesn't really hurt but it feels like walking on a bag of fluid, if the weight causes the joint to have to flex (i.e. walking) then it hurt a bit but not heaps.

I walked after I did it (to the car) and drove home fine but once the swelling got big then I couldn't use it any more, At the time I stood straight up thinking it was just a minor twist(I was actually hobbling around trying to keep it loosened up so I could keep riding) , I would have thought if I broke it it would be too painful to stand.

Oh yeah I should have said, it was done attempting a pedal stall (bmx trick) on a small (5ft) ramp

and feel free to laugh at me for riding a kids bike, I'm thoroughly used to it by now
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmx is wicked fun man...

just keep icing it n get it looked at tomorrow...

if it is broken and u get a cast we can have a competition on who designs theres the best...lol
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hurt my foot and it looked a lot like yours, It didn't really hurt but wouldn't stop swelling, i went to the doctor and he said i had probably fractured a bone it my foot i just stayed off it for a week and it was all good.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 13:17]

cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i pretty much did the same thing not too long ago turned out i tore some ligaments doctor said just strap it and rest it for a week was good as new
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe i'll give the hospital a miss then it's only been 3 days and I can walk on it if I really want to.

true that on BMX being wicked fun but I am slowly gettin too old, do you ride Mitch?part of the reason I got my MA61 is it can fit two 20inchers in the back without taking the wheels off if you fold the seat down. No hope of that in almost any other sporty car.

[img][/url]

15 min before the crash heh

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 14:29]

Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I posted a picture of my arsehole, would ya's be able to tell me if I have roids or not please?

Cheers, Greg.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Is this broken? Thu, 11 August 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as already said dont tihnk it is broken, just ligaments torn/damage.
i did the same thing to both ankles heard a crack sound both times and thought f&^k but was fine, the worst bit about when i did mine was they happened 3 weeks apart from each other Laughing Laughing
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to ride dirt a number of yrs ago..they was a wicked track near my house...

ligaments do make a cracking sound when they snap...so ppl think they have broken a bone
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i agree looks like ligament damage more then anything. I did the ligaments on both feet last soccer season Rolling Eyes damn hackers. If it is ligaments best thing to do is keep using it cause u gotta keep the muscles strong so the ligaments can heal. If u go to local hospital u might be able to get an x-ray done for free or cheap. Otherwise physio os always good to help ligament damage heal quick.
Cheers Bill
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flick the end of ya toes....if ya sqeal like a girl cause of the sharp stabbing pain, then ya got a problem
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never heard/felt any cracking sound, swelling is going down a lot today.

pretty sure it's gonna be fine all that swelling was just a little strange condsidering it was still expanding after 3 days, it's shrinking now though.

I can do that toe flicking thing and it doesn't hurt, If it did hurt would that mean broken bone? (for future ref)
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same thing i did... but mine was worse...
my bruise was black went purple a the greeen to yellow then to skin colour... it was wikid (like it had all them colours in one- from centre of a circle n then out)
also my was more puffy.. mine was i landed on the side of my foot off a rebound at basketball lucky not to brake shit.. as im not the lightest guy around...

just rest it put it up n dont let blood rush to it....

ice it for 15mins ever 45mins... that helps with swelling.
also strap it.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazedrt104 wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 13:14

Flick the end of ya toes....if ya sqeal like a girl cause of the sharp stabbing pain, then ya got a problem

Laughing Laughing Laughing
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: Is this broken? Fri, 12 August 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 14:42

I can do that toe flicking thing and it doesn't hurt, If it did hurt would that mean broken bone? (for future ref)

Yeah when i rolled my ankle a few years back, the medics did the toe flickin to me, they said for me to hold on tight, so it must hurt a bit.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Is this broken? Sat, 13 August 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a refferal to get it x-rayed
only way to know for sure
broke the cuboid bone in my foot and only thought it was sprained so was trying to walk it off for about 5 weeks b4 gettign x-rays confirmign it was broken since it wasnt healing
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Is this broken? Sat, 13 August 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm not sure cos i brokemy foot riding bmx bloody hurt to didn think much of it at first as i got straight back up and did the jump agian but still hurtso i got an xray an found out i fractured my footbut im not to sure.
Pete
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Is this broken? Sat, 13 August 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 23:16

I hurt my foot and it looked a lot like yours, It didn't really hurt but wouldn't stop swelling, i went to the doctor and he said i had probably fractured a bone it my foot i just stayed off it for a week and it was all good.

Ditto.
I stayed home for about two weeks and was told to keep the foot elevated and that was it.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Is this broken? Sun, 14 August 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I can fit two bmx bikes in the back of my series 1 RX7!! i was so happy to find that out Cool
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Is this broken? Sun, 14 August 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you seriously fit 2 bmx's into a series 1?, Shocked that is my dream car (with a worked later model extend port NA 13B it is anyway) Evil or Very Mad

I would have thought no chance as the MA61 is pretty tight, do you have to remove the wheels?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Is this broken? Sun, 14 August 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd think you'd have to remove the front wheel, my brother fitted his giant road bike along with luggage books etc for a 6 week term in wagga in his 3 door echo. Twas a tight fit but it fitted.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Is this broken? Mon, 15 August 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite! that looks like pain
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Is this broken? Wed, 17 August 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finished up going to outpatients and getting it x rayed (no breaks)

the doctor who saw me insisted that I had a chronic injury caused by repeatedly twisting/spraining the ankle. This is total bullshit as I have never twisted that ankle before and hadn't even been riding for about 3 weeks. When I tried to tell him this he talked over me.

He asked me if I could walk on it and I said "yeah" and showed him for a few (mildly painful) steps. After seeing this he wanted to take my crutches (which I got from home) off me and said I should just limp everywhere, but then when I saw the physio he told me I shouldn't walk on it yet if I want it to heal properly.

Anyway, recommended treatment is what I already did so it was a waste of a few hours but at least I didn't pay the bastards. Rolling Eyes

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Is this broken? Sat, 20 August 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that is with the front wheels removed on both bikes.

And I honeslty think I could fit a third one in there if the front wheel was also taken off!! But why bother coz theres only 2 seats at that stage.
Sprinter Adam
Regular

July 2005
Re: Is this broken? Sat, 20 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous message
it hurts like a bitch eh! my ankles swell about 4times their normal size and look about the same as that so im guessing no damage. My dads a orthaedic and he says it look severly sprained or at worst a fractured outer ankle Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Footy Footy Yeah!!!
Next Topic:9/11 More questions to be answered.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:28:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065481662750244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.