Toymods » Tech & Conversions » head gaskets and engine rebuild

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon10.gif  head gaskets and engine rebuild Sun, 21 August 2005 01:18 Go to next message
Hey all!

The 7m in the old MZ20 is quite sick. To this end im stripping it down to do the head gasket and some other bits and peices. I am after some advice on gaskets! i can get a full 62 peice gasket set off the net for a around 200 from the states, however i havent heard of the manufacterers (theres a few different kits available) Has anyone had any experience with these? If these are a bad idea, whats the way to go? Also, any recommendations as to what else i should do while i have it in bits? ill be getting the injectors cleaned and cleaning the throttle boddy and sensors and stuff, and prolly getting the head machined.
Cheers!
  Send a private message to this user    
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: head gaskets and engine rebuild Sun, 21 August 2005 04:28 Go to previous message
few companies you can ring in australia are national parts,nassons etc i know national sell to the public. and will be cheaper than bring a gasket set over from the states.they will have the australian delivered kit.there would be little diffrence in kits just small things.a metal shim gasket works a treat on the 7m's aslong as you make sure everything is machined.if you have no luck let me know and ill give you a few others that have the gasket sets.
mick
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla SX - Clutch + Suspension > READ & WEEP
Next Topic:corona mark 2 diff FAQ; with pics *update* photos of my jig
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:40:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043768882751465 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.