Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benen
Regular

August 2003
1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 11:14 Go to next message
Hey all,

I know there have been posts on this before but im trying to get together a complete list of parts.

My engine is going in soon but i want to change everything that is easy to change b4 it goes in.
After a bit of research i've come up with this: Can anone confirm each one of these items before i purchase them. Also, has anyone got any advice? ie. Best places to get them in SA etc.

1. cam seals - m1173
2. front main seal - anyone????
3. rear main seal - TC12660VI
4. oil pump seal - ag0994e or a tc12435
5. flywheel bolts - Toyota - 90105-10042
6. timing belt - Toyota - 13568 79035 ---- T865 ??
7. tensioner - NSK 52TB058B05 ENSL 310
8. oil filter - Ryco Z418
9. Oil - Mobil 1 5W50
10. Water pump seal - 16124-70041
11. Water Pump - Toyota - 16100-79065
12. Thermostat - 90916-03063 88-100 degrees
13. Spark Plugs NGK - BCPR6EP-N-8
14. Idler - Koyo TT23000 RF71-12-730A

Is it worth changing the bearings? Is it easy enough to do when the engine is in the car if one happens to go?

Cheers
Benen

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 09:51]

Send a private message to this user    
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cam seals are best purchased from a bearing shop, they will cost you around $3 each, I was silly enough to get mine wholesale through toyota and they still cost me $12 for EXACTLY the same item.

Dont forget the cam cover gaskets, probably about $30 each from toyota.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm currently in the middle of exaclty the same thing. Don't forget the waterpump! I need new tensioner & idler pully, these are horribly expensive from toyota - apparently ~$190 & ~$127 each, respectively!

Cam cover gaskets are more like $50 each from toyota. I had the rest of the other seals matched at a bearing shop... the only one they couldn't get is the rear main. I did a search on the tech section and found a part # for a Repco one though, $34 apparently vs over $70 from toyota.

The only thing with the bearing shop bearings is that the guy couldn't guarantee that they would have the crosshatching pattern on the inside, which he seemed to think was important but my mechanic not. Does anyone else know?
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan,
I dont suppose you have that repco part number on you do you?
Also, what about the water pump? Replace the seal or the entire thing?

Is the cam seal part number m1173 a generic number or just a toyota part number?

I'll keep changing the top post for everyone to show the most recent information Smile Hopefully can get a decent article made.
Cheers
Benen
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea on the cam seal #. The repco one I got from here: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=70369&rid=405&S=5fcd14ee9aea339d5d3cfe92 daeccd92&pl_view=&start=0 says it may be different between gen 1/2 & 3.

You'd have to ask others about the waterpump. I think most people thing it's a good idea to replace while the engine is out of the car, and while the crank pulley etc is off anyway. The bearings on mine are a bit suspect.

EDIT: fixed URL

[Updated on: Sun, 21 August 2005 14:28]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this needs to be repeated:

Replace the waterpump!! Stupid things are so easy to kill if they are not kept right. I've killed two, one from age and the other from the engine not having water in it for ages and just sitting around - ended up in one very dry seal, which made water go everywhere. Woohoo!

Oh yeh, make sure the lubrication system is all functional... clean the wire filter and stuff like that.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont forget that tiny little friggin coolant hose at the back piece of shit Mad
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Sun, 21 August 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 01:23

I think this needs to be repeated:

Replace the waterpump!! Stupid things are so easy to kill if they are not kept right. I've killed two, one from age and the other from the engine not having water in it for ages and just sitting around - ended up in one very dry seal, which made water go everywhere. Woohoo!

Oh yeh, make sure the lubrication system is all functional... clean the wire filter and stuff like that.

Whats a new water pump worth for a 1ggte?

I was thinkin of getting one of those electric controllable waterpumps, anyone used these before?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
~$160
Stick with mechanical waterpumps.
Electric ones are WOFTAM
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 12:57

~$160
Stick with mechanical waterpumps.
Electric ones are WOFTAM

I thought it was more like 160 trade, ~200 retail?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but no one talks retail
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, some people do.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thanks.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g-gte service before conversion (3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's wrong with using electric pumps?

Do you have to get the new pump from toyota? Who else makes them?

Cheers
Benen
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EWP's are less efficient than modern day mechanical ones, and only last a few years.

Good for a drag car, useless for anything else.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries, cheers Smile

as far as the rear main seal goes:

These two are the options apart from the rip off toyota ones right?

97647 - from Repco
TC12660VI - where are these from?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benen wrote on Sun, 21 August 2005 21:14

Hey all,

I know there have been posts on this before but im trying to get together a complete list of parts.

My engine is going in soon but i want to change everything that is easy to change b4 it goes in.
After a bit of research i've come up with this: Can anone confirm each one of these items before i purchase them. Also, has anyone got any advice? ie. Best places to get them in SA etc.

1. cam seals - m1173
2. front main seal - anyone????
3. rear main seal - TC12660VI
4. oil pump seal - ag0994e or a tc12435
5. flywheel bolts - Toyota - 90105-10042
6. timing belt - Toyota - 3568 79035 ---- T865 ??
7. tensioner - 52TB058B05
8. oil filter - Ryco Z418
9. Oil - Mobil 1 5W50
10. Water pump seal - 16124-70041
11. Water Pump 16100-79065
12. Thermostat 90916-03063 88-100 degrees
13. Spark Plugs NGK - BCPR6EP-N-8

Is it worth changing the bearings? Is it easy enough to do when the engine is in the car if one happens to go?

Cheers
Benen

benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fantastic, thanks EvilJack, theyre from toyota right? Can you get any of those parts matched at a retailer?

Cheers
Benen
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup straight from the EPC

i'd say the water pump you would have to get from toyota, thermostat i used a 4age one from any local parts store
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got any info on the front main seal? cant seem to find any anywhere.

Also, what about that other timing belt number i've come across? T865

Apart from that ill go to the local retailers and see how i go getting the parts and bring back some feedback.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 22 August 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously, just take all your old seals out, take them to a bearing shop, and get them to match them for you. They can read the part #s and/or measure the seals themselves.
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got generic part numbers for Timing Belt idler and tensioner pully/bearings for 1G (GE GZE GTE).

Tensioner is:
NSK
52TB058B05 ENSL 310

Idler is:
Koyo
TT23000
RF71-12-730A

Got mine from a bearing supplier for around half what Toyota charge.

Timing Belt is 13568-79035, you were only missing the 1 at the front. Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 00:26]

GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front main seal has NOK AH2651L stamped on it but that probably won't help much. That should be the same as oodles of Toyota motors, as stefan said, just pull em out and get em matched.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTtwin, that's brilliant, thanks. How did you did you find these (the idler & tensioner) out?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should use an 82 degC thermostat in Australia, not the 88degC one.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rear main seal and timing belt would be the same for the gen 2 and 3 motor, or would they not?
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude at a bearing shop had a book that had Cresta, Chaser, Mark II and other JDM models in it, he just looked them up and ordered them for me. They were in the Country and arrived in about two days. He said they were easy to get and he's had more hassle trying to get bearings for Commodores.
Rear main is the same on all engines, all 1G Blocks are pretty much identical, bar return port for turbo oil lines on GTE.
Timing belt is the same on all generation motors and the same as GE and GZE.

Hey Merudo, done anything about that faded paint yet? You gotta get that thing of yours gleaming!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 05:43]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTtwin wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 15:39

Hey Merudo, done anything about that faded paint yet? You gotta get that thing of yours gleaming!

Shocked

*tries hard to remember who you are*

bar beach cruise? what car did you drive? Very Happy Very Happy

my paints not faded, its just really scuffed in an odd way Sad

depending on the angle it looks alright

click for pic

but goddamn , i want those scuffs out! if you look at the car from any other angle when the suns on it, it looks terrible

i need to get a proper buffer, those battery powered supercheap things just dont cut it

I think I've just resigned to the fact that I'll need a respray

but... 1JZ first Wink
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Five speed GZ-20. Finally bothered to get my arse on this forum.
Hey did anyone post any picks of that day up on here?
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont forget that tiny little friggin coolant hose at the back piece of shit

Mad Mad Mad FUCKIN PEICE OFF SHIT Mad Mad Mad

just changed mine was bad enough with motor out of the car Evil or Very Mad

gttwin theres a post in the events section somewhere i think do a search man Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 07:40]

benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, i'll be replacing all of my hoses, cheers for the help everyone.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Tue, 23 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW, some of my selas arrived today:

M1173 (cam seals) were $3.60 each
TC12435 (oil pump seal) was $2.52

Very Happy

Does anyone have a part number for the front main?
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Benen, I got another part, totally slipped my mind.

Head Gasket: 11115-88340

Same on all GTE gen motors, different to 1G-E. (Don't even ask why I have one of them).
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 12:22

You should use an 82 degC thermostat in Australia, not the 88degC one.

WHY???????
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One question mark would have sufficed there...

But the 7MGTE in Aus uses an 82degC thermostat.
Other countries its an 88degC one.

One would assume the same applies to the 1GGTE.

Most Aussie Toyota motors run 82degC thermostats.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEHEH OK MATEY

CHEERS FOR THAT

so now have to change to 82 soon damn
btw is the twin cam corrolla have the 82 or the 88 thermo as i used one of them in the soarer the rubber washer has to be retained from the old thermo otherwise it fits perfect

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 03:10]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No need to change now, but if/when you do the next service, get an 82 instead of 88.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 13:08

HEHEH OK MATEY

CHEERS FOR THAT

so now have to change to 82 soon damn
btw is the twin cam corrolla have the 82 or the 88 thermo as i used one of them in the soarer the rubber washer has to be retained from the old thermo otherwise it fits perfect

It will say what temp rating the thermostat is, on the thermostat!

Do you still have the box it came in? It will say it on there too...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They come with either, just ask for the 82.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Thu, 25 August 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Dont forget that tiny little friggin coolant hose at the back piece of shit

FUCKIN PEICE OFF SHIT

Yep do it while its out I got under to bolt the exhaust on and noticed it leaking so out came the motor again for a 3" hose Mad Make sure you flush all the shit out of the cooling system my H/G was all rusted/gummed up
Id retorqe the head stud bolts too (not sure on the poundage) while your there one side of mine didnt crack when we were taking the head off

L8R

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 07:22]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen) Mon, 29 August 2005 06:38 Go to previous message
GTtwin wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 10:16

I've got generic part numbers for Timing Belt idler and tensioner pully/bearings for 1G (GE GZE GTE).

Tensioner is:
NSK
52TB058B05 ENSL 310

Idler is:
Koyo
TT23000
RF71-12-730A

Got mine from a bearing supplier for around half what Toyota charge.

Timing Belt is 13568-79035, you were only missing the 1 at the front. Wink

BSC did some phoning around for me and had no luck on that koyo part # for the idler. Does anyone know of a different part #, or can confirm that the above is correct?

Also, the front main part # listed I had matched easilly, but it doesn't have the hatching pattern on the inner diameter like the stock one does. Does anyone know if this is a problem?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3t-gte help please
Next Topic:4A-GZE - all the differences, similarities, and specifications in AFM and MAP sensor types LISTED!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:42:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077190399169922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.