AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 18 May 2005 09:40 Go to next message
When: Sun 21st August 9:00 AM
Where: ETTAMOGAH PUB
cnr Windsor Rd and Merriville rd, Rouse Hill (opposite woolies petrol plus and Macca's)
Destination: Up Putty rd, BBQ lunch at Broke.

THIS IS A MODERATELY LONG CRUISE, AROUND 350KMS, SO MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE AT THE FIRST MEETING POINT WITH A FULL TANK OF PETROL!!!!!!!

Basic Outline
9:00AM. Meet at the Ettamogah pub.
9:30AM. Start heading north up Windsor rd, to Windsor(!), where we're gonna make our first stop. Instead of turning left & heading in to Windsor, we go straight ahead through a set of lights, up a little hill with a roundabout at the top, over & down to a little bridge, just after which is a park. TURN LEFT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE BRIDGE INTO MAQUARIE PARK.
10:00AM. We can regroup &/or meet up with anyone who lives out this way before we hit Putty rd.
10:15AM. Leave Macquarie Park, continue north up Wilberforce rd which becomes Putty rd. Pending traffic conditions, there are quite a few large sized truck stops along the way, so if a regroup is necessary it won't be too hard. Otherwise we continue along until...
11:50AM. there's a halfway house/small petrol station about 15mins after we pass Putty Valley rd, we'll stop here for a regroup & a quick bite if needed. We don't need to hang 'round here too long though.
12:00PM. Continue north. There's a nice mountainous section here too, with some nice longish hairpins.
Keep an eye out for road on the right, it's the only one & we should hit it around
12:30PM. After about 15-20 minutes along this road we reach Broke.
The area we're stopping at for lunch is down a narrow & slightly bumpy gravel road, just before the T intersection at the end of this road. Theres a really nice lunch area with all the nessecities & we'll also have our own BBQ, with sausage sandwiches & cans of soft drink for sale. Prices will be MEMBERS: $1 Drinks, $2 Sausage Sandwiches, NON-MEMBERS: $1 Drinks, $2.50 sausage sandwiches
We'll try to head off around
2:00PM. Head east along Broke rd into the Lower Hunter Valley. When we get to a T intersection we go RIGHT, and follow this road down into Cessnock.
2:30PM. We get to another T intersection & turn LEFT, then after about 1-2mins we turn right at an intersection with 2 big old pubs, & head up the main st of Cessnock!
We'll have a stop on the way out of Cessnock, there's a servo or two we'll stop at for drinks or whatever.
3:00PM. Say goodbye to Cessnock, & simply follow the signs to the F1 and Sydney. There's the big Caltex we can stop at if we need to, otherwise we should be back in local territory by 4:30- 5 o'clock.
Once we get to the end of the freeway, follow Pennant Hills rd south to everyones favorite location for dinner- Thornleigh Maccas!
I should be able to supply maps on the day, & will hopefully be able to hand out written directions too. The usual channel 16 on the CBs, these are invaluable & don't forget your cameras!

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, let me know.
And thanks to Joel and Stitt for the original plans for this cruise Cool .
Cheers Craig.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 03:21]

Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unreal! love this run. I'll be there.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 19 May 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i have a car..or my next car is not in pieces i should be their Very Happy
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 30 May 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah count me in! i love a putty road run although except for my last trip in the passenger seat.

I am very lucky to be alive

http://img123.echo.cx/img123/8903/ata19k5xs.jpg

http://img123.echo.cx/img123/7507/smashedside5ew.jpg

i'll still be there!

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:05]

-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Tue, 31 May 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A: who do you know with a Cayenne?, and,

B: what hit you, a bike?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Tue, 31 May 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its his companys car

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 03:32]

Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Tue, 31 May 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-gt- wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 13:16

A: who do you know with a Cayenne?, and,

B: what hit you, a bike?

It was a work car (i work for a presige car dealer as a mechanic)we hit the end of an armco sideways on putty rd.

safe driving reminder to everyone.
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 03 June 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u were in a soarer ...u would of been safer Razz
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 24 June 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yeah count me in! i love a putty road run although except for my last trip in the passenger seat.

Geez, what was the airbag deployment like? That would have been scarry in itself!

I'm also lucky to be alive after my last Putty run.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/heartfield/cruise_bruise.jpg
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 24 June 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:20

Quote:

Geez, what was the airbag deployment like? That would have been scarry in itself!

I'm also lucky to be alive after my last Putty run.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/heartfield/cruise_bruise.jpg

airbag? what airbag? airbags didnt go off. what u see is the tarp we used to cover the damaged side on the ride from cessnock to sydney
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Tue, 28 June 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meeting spot changed see top post!!!!
TRU32U
Regular

June 2004

Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 01 July 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi wats a putty run?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 01 July 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
type in putty here its a long windy rd
http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mapping/zoomMap.do? mapIndex=6&brandId=1&level=6

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 07:16]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 02 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Putty Rd. runs from windsor to Singelton.

Its the inland version of the old pack. Cept the sydney end is more open than the pac is. Half way along it get twisty. Its a great road for a run.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 07 July 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i better be rostered off for this.... just off the top of my head i think that this will be the last w/e i have off for a while Wink

edit: was rostered on and put in a leavge request which was declined Crying or Very Sad not happy at all

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2005 14:06]

old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Proposed Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 15 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there.....live near Cessnock so i guess ill meet up with you on the way somewheres.
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 01 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay ill be there i onli live around the corner Smile

-nathan
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 03 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn seems a bit far out for me but hey see what happens eh
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 03 August 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope i can still make it my car is running like a heap of crap atm seems like there is just no power at all Sad so it might be off the road in the shop with a ze goin in over the time of the cruz but we will see if i do that ill try and rush them to get it done so i can test the ze Very Happy

-nathan
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 03 August 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in cant wait to cruise with the usual group

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 00:04]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 03 August 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might come along depending on how much uni work i get next week and how much money i have for petrol
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig, make a roll call, so we can see how many ppl r coming... Smile Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 02:58]

insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 06 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ive been saying lately that id be cruising. Embarassed

ive been really busy like with HSC trials and work. But this time, im marking it down.

STITT: hopefully i will indeed get membership this time round if your attending.

Cheers,
Cameron
Silvercorolla
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 07 August 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in i cant wait
how many people are expected to come??
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 14 August 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm aiming to be there, but I'll be late. Probably only catch up at Broke, so don't wait for me.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 17 August 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a heap to do over the weekend.

guess i'll decide on the day...if im there im there.

Cheers

PS Plus i prob dont wanna be put to shame by Joel

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bowdown.gifhttp://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bowdown.gifhttp://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bowdown.gifhttp://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bowdown.gifhttp://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bowdown.gifhttp://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/bowdown.gif
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 17 August 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liverpool & campbelltown people i will be at Woolworth's petrel + on Cumberland hwy at 8am leave about 8:10AM
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Wed, 17 August 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok im gunna b there 4 sure and my mate brendan will b there aswell he is a TM member so all sweet

oh n jus so u know lol either my piston rings or my valve seals are on the way out just so u know LOL new motor soon Very Happy

-nathan
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See you all there Wink
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weatherman said it might be another rainy weekend, so carefull with teh touge action Very Happy
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im definitely in.. Sam and I are driving in my car...
and as Craig said, BRING UR CB's, if u dont have one... GET ONE !!

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 11:40]

lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
icon9.gif  Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Thu, 18 August 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i was aiming to come but ive got to do a head gasget and timing chain guide on a shitbox falcon that cant wait (girlfriends getting annoyed im spendin time on my mates car and not her crappy n 13 pulsar gee i wonder why lol!) lemmi know how it pans out guys
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 17:10

Weatherman said it might be another rainy weekend, so carefull with teh touge action Very Happy

oh joy this will be fun on my tyres LOL
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got no clutch, flywheel or brakes so I'll have to sit this one out Shocked
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 00:46

gee dude, ur not having a good day.. hope to see u next time nathan
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam_Rolla wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 16:00

Alchemist wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 00:46

gee dude, ur not having a good day.. hope to see u next time nathan

hope to see me next tuime??? huh ill b there most likly lol

-nathan
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witzl cannot go.
The witzl has no brakes.
The Witzl bids you all a glorious day.

The Witzl will now sleep.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I've discovered the previous owner of this car took a few shortcuts with maintenance(which is all getting sorted out now, just costing me big $$$). I'll rant about that in another thread Confused
old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weather is Fine - no rain today.

Meet you cnr Putty Road & Milbrodale Road. Looking forward to meetin some of you guys.
old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 21 August 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To all the guys and girls i met today. Thanks. It was great to meet up with you. Next time I'll be there earlier with my missus too.

Pity the celica ws playing up. Embarassed
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 21 August 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a good day with around 15 cars on the cruise during our
largest meet. Weather held out nicely and Big worm took the
lead showing all of us who hadn't been before the roads to go.
Sorry to Wagonist and Cannonball who we missed at Maquarie
Park..... but caught up to us along the Putty Rd. Nice to meet
old codger (Steve) and nice 22 you have there Wink . We left broke
after a nice little photo shoot,
high light of the day must have been when we were stopped in
Cessnock and ford filled with young blokes drove passed who
yelled out "get a holden", don't think they understood why we
were all laughing at them so hard.
We left Cessnock after a few people stopped for re-fueling and
had a final meet at the twin servos before splitting up and
heading home. All up I've done around 415km on 3/4 of a tank
and really just had a great day. Thanks to everyone who turned
up.
I'll get the pics up tomorrow when I get the chance.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 21 August 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for organising an Awesome day Craig. That was my first run up the Putty Road, and i think i will have to do it again!!

all up was 9 hours of fun (left home 8:30, got home 5:30), and had a good run down the Old Pac to finish things off. We seemed to loose a few cars at the Petes ridge turn off, cutting 10 cars down to 5, and i hope none of the stragglers got pinged by "da man", as we spotted a couple lurking around.

Anyone who wonders wheather the long drive is worth it for Putty Road, add it too your list of "must do" roads.
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 21 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very good day guys i had alot of fun with all thanx for organising craig hope to do it all again soon
i was suprised how well i keep up with joel n david(i think that was his name lol in the silver sportivo sorry if i got wrong person) down the old pacific considering it was the first time i have ever driven on that road LOL, my car dont accelerate fast enough to keep up down the straights but Sad oh well time for my new motor then maybe ill be able to keep up down the straight aways lol

thanx everyone for a great day Smile

-nathan

[Updated on: Sun, 21 August 2005 21:09]

Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Sun, 21 August 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a great day thrashing adam's rolla (oh i mean driving Very Happy) thanks for a great day craig and thanks for the awesome bbq
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 22 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it was an awsome day. I would of loved to have attened and to keep up my apperances at events, but I was checking out the car scene over in Perth, have been on a few cruises etc over here.
I'm spewing I missed it as the first go for broke cruise is one of my favourite cruise I have been on with Toymods.

Looing forward to seeing your pics craig.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 22 August 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Very nice cruise. This was my first cruise whaere I actually drove, and I'll be there again next year. Found several holes in the suspension setup of the car resulting in the front spoiler scraping the ground on heavy cornering. But it is all good.

The following is a picture of what i saw in my Rear view mirror for nearly the whole trip. Couldn't shake him off no matter how hard I pushed. If you look closely you can see Dave grinning. Razz Razz
http://www.gigashare.com/files/hotlink/1922574379.jpg
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 22 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY PIC R UP
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/774000-774999/774864_197_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/774000-774999/774864_201_full.jpg
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 22 August 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/774864/13
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 22 August 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made my appearance as promised...sort of Surprised

I went and met up with adam and sam on the sydney side of brooklyn bridge on your way home. i say CLKWRK leading the pac home on the old pac.

i couldnt come until after 3:30 coz i needed to be at skool for a HSC woodwork folio thingo.

next time... Cool
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Offical Broke Cruise 21/8/05 Mon, 22 August 2005 21:31 Go to previous message
LOL at adams single photo well done craig on getting him in the air lol

-nathan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Chic Torque Bbq Fundraiser - Gold Coast
Next Topic:ADELAIDE TOYOSHOW "update"
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:18:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080850124359131 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.