Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Sun, 21 August 2005 10:35 Go to next message
hi.. i have an ae82 twin cam and want to upgrade the exhaust and muffler system. i bought the car with genie headers and need opinions on what else i should do to get some good performance and a better note.

i dont like the cannon style mufflers, so that cuts that out! i was thinking of getting a cat-back system, but as the car already has aftermarket headers i may as well do the whole lot.. so if anyone has opinions or recommendations on what kind of set up i should go for please dont hold back!!

im still at school so i dont have alot of cash to do this, so nothing too extreme, but i dont really want to shortcut Very Happy
cheers

chris
  Send a private message to this user    
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Sun, 21 August 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
portmatch the headers, no cat, 2.25" piping, lukey oval muffler, pick a tip Smile
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Sun, 21 August 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that mate.. excuse my ignorance but what is portmatching the headers?? and is it legal to have no cat?
cheers

chris
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Sun, 21 August 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... yes, interested to know what manufacture year/date that a cat is compulsory...?

...And lad, since u have headers already only need to get a cat back system that suits...
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Sun, 21 August 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after you've done should try a better air filter if you dont already have and maybe cold air intake. that'll give you a little bit better performance aswell. but yeah terra pretty much hit the nail on the head.

with the cat i also thought it was illegal to not have one, but apperantly you can just take your cat off take all the shit out of it so your just left the caseing and just run a pipe straight through it. so if the police look under the car it still looks like you have a cat. unless your really concearned about the enviromental remnifications of not having a cat
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Sun, 21 August 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you dont have a cat that works your up for a big fine or a defect notice and that isnt good. My brother and I just done an exhaust on his sprinter and its a 2 1/4 and straight through with one muffler and used a commodore cat as its the same diameter as 2 1/4 pipe.
Cats help to burn unburnt exhaust particles and if you dont use one your poluting more and can be in trouble with the coppas
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: exhaust and muffler for 4age.. help needed! Mon, 22 August 2005 01:28 Go to previous message
thanks for all the help guys.. is there any exhaust fitters in northern sydney that anyone recommends? (or doesnt recommend Razz ).

also what was portmatching the headers that terra was saying???

cheers

chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZ R31
Next Topic:4AGZE mods
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 12:40:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046601295471191 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.