Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny Blade
Regular

May 2003

3S flywheel Mon, 22 August 2005 19:54 Go to next message
Will a flywheel from any other engine fit a 3S-crank (8 bolts)?
I have looked at 3T,5M,2M,3Y Volvo B23 but all have 6 bolts (Volvo have 8 but not the right boltpattern).
  Send a private message to this user    
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S flywheel Mon, 22 August 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never gone looking, but there are 2 different 8 bolt, 3S flywheels. ring gear diameter and bolt size changed about mid 92.
Johnny Blade
Regular

May 2003

Re: 3S flywheel Mon, 22 August 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i know, it's the first one i'm looking for(1988).
Embarassed
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3S flywheel Tue, 23 August 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5S-FE is real close, in fact it's the same as the Gen1 3S, but the bolt holes would have to be slotted out slightly for a Gen2 or 3.
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: 3S flywheel Wed, 24 August 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most times you end up just having to pay up and get a custom flywheel made.

What are you trying to fit the 3SGE to that you need a different flywheel?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S flywheel Wed, 24 August 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 18:27

5S-FE is real close, in fact it's the same as the Gen1 3S, but the bolt holes would have to be slotted out slightly for a Gen2 or 3.

actually the 5SFE flywheel is larger in diameter than the gen1 3sge, and they share the same stud pattern.

which flywheel you decide to get will really depend on the gearbox you choose to use, and the starter motor layout will be critical as well.

Karl
Blackers
Regular

October 2004
Re: 3S flywheel Thu, 25 August 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first model Camry came with the 3S motor, these cars have 2 different configurations for the starter motor position. 1 is on the gearbox side and the starter has a long snout arrangement to accomadate this. The other is mounted on the engine side and subsequently can be used for a RWD setup as the ring gear is the correct way around and is the correct diameter (ie same) for the 2s type reduction starter. I will take some pics if you want and send them to you as I don't know how to post them on this site. Anyone who wants them can contact me blackers@warp1.com.au or feel free to tell me how to post them on the forum. I also have the standard ST185 GT4 flywheel for comparison.
Cheers
Mark
Johnny Blade
Regular

May 2003

Re: 3S flywheel Thu, 25 August 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm putting a RWD 3S-FE to a Auto gearbox from a 3Y (YR21).
The 3Y flexplate is 295mm and have 115 teath (just like 3S-GE gen1) but 3S-FE flexflate is 305mm and have 120 teath.
Now I'm planning to weld a new center to the 3Y flexplate to make it 8 bolt instead of 6.

http://tcs.teamymse.net/bildgalleri/thumbnails.php ?album=34
Blackers
Regular

October 2004
Re: 3S flywheel Fri, 26 August 2005 13:26 Go to previous message
Took a couple of pics but as these suit a manual I guess it's no use to you! Will post em anyway
[URL=http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=camryflywheel4fo.jpg][IMG]http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/633/camryflywheel4fo.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Cheers
Mark
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T40 to T50 swap
Next Topic:GT4--dash lights going crazy at me...help!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:04:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048270225524902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.