Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Car paint color codes : newbie questions

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stevenvandecauter
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Car paint color codes : newbie questions Mon, 22 August 2005 15:30 Go to next message
Does any-one know a good source of colour codes of car paint on the internet, please ?

I have a can of paint from my Celica TA23 and it reads "PB3", a guy at the local car shop looked it up and showed me a piece of plastic with the
color in three shades : seemed to be "DEEP BLUE" from Chrysler (I guess this is the colour of blue Vipers).

However, there were three different shades IN the PB3 range, could somebody explain me why they are there, is it because paint can change colour over time because of the sun or some other reason, .. ???

Kinda new in this area, I would like to have some paint mixed in a can for doing some minor repairs (area beneath back bumper has damage due to rust formation), they said they could mix it and I had to pick one of the shades.

On my can, GUS PB3 II (two), the guy told me the indications GUS and (II) meant nothing ???

Send a private message to this user    
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Car paint color codes : newbie questions Tue, 23 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
couldnt you open the tin of paint and compare what it looks like to the sheets of plastic??
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Car paint color codes : newbie questions Tue, 23 August 2005 06:15 Go to previous message
hmm, dont think its that simple... paint often dries different to how it looks when its wet...

also wouldnt mind a online source for looking at different paint colours if there is such a source...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Problems with running 8ohm subs from a 4ohm amp?
Next Topic:Turbocharging 4AGE .
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 07:53:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058419704437256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.