Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hutchiroku
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Wed, 27 July 2005 02:30 Go to next message
G'day im after a busted(preferred) or working aircon compressor to fit a 4agze, dont know if 4age fit ?? I believe alternators are the same so maybe??
pm me if your around syd with a price

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Wed, 27 July 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gze and ge compressor is interchangable, though the pulley's and valveing unit's on top is different between the 2 and wont fit on each engine unless you swap the pulley and valveing unit over to what ever engine you want to fit.
the alternators are different too.

have a mate with a seized gze a/c, it's still on the car at the moment. in qld though.
hutchiroku
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Mon, 22 August 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP Still looking for one. Someone out there must have one lying around in a pile of junk they dont want!
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Tue, 23 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may have one about in the shed,
i'm in canberra,
i'll pm you if i've got it
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Tue, 23 August 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=53924&start=0&rid=562&S=807131e1ea5e c2d94c3a4bb13e12163a

here one a bargain too only $300 lmao Rolling Eyes
hutchiroku
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Tue, 23 August 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well an alternative solution is for someone to enlighten me as to how they have run a 4agze alternator without it as it seems you need the tensioner to push down rather than up hence needing the compressor wheel.
Any suggestions??
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Tue, 23 August 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have one... its in PERFECT working condition (as was tested in the front cut it came from Shocked )

Yours for $200ono

Sorry aboot the price, but its worth a bit to me, since it's still fully functional! Reconditioners typically charge >$600 to reco these puppies!!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Wed, 24 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200 buks woah dont throw it away......
hutchiroku
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Wed, 24 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your offer witzl but i think i will have to pass on that. i been qouted less at a jap import place but would rather one that doesnt work as i dont really need it to work hence it would be cheaper.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Thu, 25 August 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries..... reason i would want so much for it is that i KNOW that one day someone is going to want a fully functional 4agze aircon compressor, which this is.....

.... and no im definitely not throwing it away. It lives in a nice little box....
Kebin
Regular

January 2005
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Thu, 25 August 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why dont you try a power steering pump from an ae92 as it is mounted in the same position
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Fri, 26 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sure wont work.
hutchiroku
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Sat, 03 September 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it looks like it works without needing air comp, just have the right size belt and tighten it by pushing alternator down. But if anyones got one out there cheap....
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Sat, 03 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't see why you would need specifically a 4agze one? most of them have the same bolt holes, and then you'd just have to find the right mount for it...

I have a 4k-c one that's in perfect condition that i'll give you if you pay postage *shrugs*.

Kev.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air con compressor for 4agze DEAD or alive Sun, 04 September 2005 01:01 Go to previous message
yes they all "bolt up" to the 4agze location... but the alignment for the belt, belt type etc are NOT the same as any other 4A engine
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wtb motec m4 and loom (secondhand).
Next Topic:wtb: 2TG complete EFI setup + loom if possible
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:27:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005547046661377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.