Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Corolla KE 55 to Celica RA65 Brake & Strut conver Prob with Camber

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pluto55
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon5.gif  Corolla KE 55 to Celica RA65 Brake & Strut conver Prob with Camber Mon, 22 August 2005 10:03 Go to next message
I Have a Ke55 Confused now upgrading front end due to dodgy ex owners lowering technique...

so ive got RA 65 struts with control arm vented disc and callippers...

Now im getting the struts re-valved and firmed up to suit my new springs that are custom made to fit the celica bottoms(with Pig-tails) and the rolla strut tops standard.. Very Happy

Embarassed now tomorrow im getting RA40 control arms .. (because they have the same off set a the Rolla ones as i saw them on some ones web page via this sight in reference to struts conversion convo's old discessions)

Embarassed Evil or Very Mad The problem With the RA65 ball joints is that they are angled different and the bolt comes through the middle off center placing the strut closer into to the cars guard giving me Negative Camber..

Rolling Eyes Will the RA40 arms and ball joints fix my problem????
Wink cozz i can get the guys to bend my struts but this cost $$160 to do with no gaurentee i will end up with any Positive camber and then im up for more if i have to go to a fabricator to get it right..

any help or surgestions are welcome. Sad as i was hoping for a cheep and effective upgade Very Happy but it is begining to look like blowing my budget Shocked Sad

Thanx Any help contacts ,, anything !

PS ive been asking people but no one knows a thing it is comming up two weeks my car sits with no front end..
PPS i heard the maybe Mitsubishi front arms may fit but not confirmed..

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 10:45]

Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Corolla KE 55 to Celica RA65 Brake & Strut conver Prob with -neg Camber Mon, 22 August 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you have your positives and negatives wrong? Negative camber is usually much more desirable than positive!
pluto55
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Corolla KE 55 to Celica RA65 Brake & Strut conver Prob with -neg Camber Tue, 23 August 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed ok yer this could be so ..

my wheel / tyre sits up on the outside edge to car .. not desirable for cornering.. it is only a bit looking ground level to wheel-- "contact point"

at present im hoping to change the arm and ball joints over from RA65 to RA40 -- to get it to sit better Laughing dont know weather this will work..

well i will be able too tell ya soon as i fit it or measure it up.. im hoping to get 6mm difference in the ball joints should push the wheel out a tad "finger's crossed "

Ps ive not yet got the springs altered to the hight im happy with,, and this may help also.. but im only gonna be sitting max inch and a half down.. i think..

PPs if u measure from the bottom of the rim 14x6 to the guard it was 53cm and standard strut was 52cm.. but my new springs are 20mm 2cm shorter.. " Springs were not standard to start with.(think they are King springs coz they're yellow"

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 06:36]

pluto55
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon10.gif  Re: Corolla KE 55 to Celica RA65 Brake & Strut conver Prob with -neg Camber Tue, 23 August 2005 09:27 Go to previous message
Found a GUY who owns a Sprinter had the same prob.. he works at toyrolla epping melb.. told me

Mitsubishi Sigma GN ,GK control arms are longer fit straight onto the struts too no mods required Very Happy .. must be the two bolt struts though...

now im getting Sigma arms for my rolla Cool should have my problem fixed now..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Intake Manifold- k series engine
Next Topic:silver top 4age / T50 what clutch?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 05:19:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051889419555664 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.