Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Fri, 08 October 2004 12:53 Go to next message
i was thinking of getting my engine reco, but then i thought what about a engine swap, so now im looking for someone to do the engine swap (BESIDEs toyospares) within melb northern subs...
4age 20v into a ae95

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
sleepingbear
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Fri, 08 October 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyrolla, somewhere near thomastown i think ! why not toyospares?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Fri, 08 October 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask em for a quote for the swap/conversion and they say nothing, or give me the price for a 20v front cut ($2500) Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sat, 09 October 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could come up to sydney Razz
sleepingbear
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sat, 09 October 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyospares will quote you about $3500.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sat, 09 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think ill leave it stock now....
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sat, 09 October 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a talk with alot of people (toyota related) and i think i know why no one (besides some) will do it....

DAM YOU 4WD TRANSFERCASE AND DIFF!!!!

that is all, thank you for your time...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sat, 09 October 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd almost be silly enough to say yes myself, except that time is a bit tight for me for now. I might be able to offer some help though, if you're reasonably mechanically capable and don't mind getting dirty yourself. Evil or Very Mad I presume you'd have a 4AFE there now??
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sun, 10 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, its a custom 4afe for the AE95 setup (small cutaway for the diff/gearbox), the engine mounts should be the same ey?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sun, 10 October 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, you just have to chuck the engine one your stock box
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sun, 10 October 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, wat about a ae92, would the stock brakes be good enough? drums?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sun, 10 October 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE92 shopping pack brakes = utter crap!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Sun, 10 October 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed with shinny shin shin here Smile

avast matey, ye be needin a pair of sx series 2 brakes or better, yarr! Even thar AE101 fronts be better with thar ventilated dics....
sr54wdcorolla20v
Newcomer

August 2005
icon10.gif  Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gee guys I wish I was onto toymods yonks ago..... I have a 20v s/t in a 1990 ae95. All you have to do is grind a small piece out of the block so that it fits passed the 4wd transfer case and she bolts straight in, the hardest part is always gathering the knowledge...

I searched the net without looking at forums a few years ago and rang around a little.....I wanted a 4agze in,,but 20v is as good as it gets in ae95..very happy....

oh DBA cross drilled and slotted front disks, std calipers...works well..heard you can get disk brake rear end on some sr5's???? but haven't seen..

toymods is wahoo,,
cheers to johnny for email
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYOSPARES say nothing WTF Shocked I usually get accused of craping on for ages. (you must have spoken to grumpy old Trev Razz )

Speaking for Toyospares a 20V kit (engine,computer ALL sensors,relay's and plugs.) EVERY THING YOU NEED to have it running in the car cost's $1750.00 Smile

If you want me to fit it it will cost between $1000-1500.00 depending on things like what type of exhaust and if you want pod or air box.

If you want me to wire it to the car so everything that worked before still works (a/c,p/s,4w/d,cruise control etc.)
that cost's $500.00 but if you want to wire it then I will supply wiring diagrams and pinouts for engine, computer, sensors AND THE CAR so you know where to wire to.

We can do as much or as little as YOU want and you don't get the "gee i am sorry it cost $2000.00 more because I quoted wrong" if it cost's more then I should have allowd for it and its MY COST NOT YOURS!!!

Regards.
MATT.
TOYOSPARES.
(03)9720-3177

P.S. we have done 3 AE95 20v's to date and not one complaint Very Happy
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH YEAH I forgot we have some big ass brakes for the AE95 too Cool
MATT.
sr54wdcorolla20v
Newcomer

August 2005
icon10.gif  Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iheard they go well with haltech e6x? or microtech,,, but heard recently about better performance using B/t 20v comp on S/t??? do you wire these to mattymod???
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Would not use a aftermarket computer unless it had major engine mods and had to.
For day to day driving (thrashing) the factory is the best compromise.

On the many conversions we have done we have found (quite by accident) that silver tops seem to go harder than a black top on a black top computer. Surprised

Regards.
MATT.

P.S. if anyone has a blacktop computer they are not using give me a call. Very Happy
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id go a gze
ae95 could do with the extra torque Wink
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Someone to do 20v 4age conversion for AE95 (melb) Tue, 23 August 2005 14:20 Go to previous message
mmm Surprised

edit: i was ment to say the 4afe is almost 290,000k's so when its on its last leg... i guess i know who to go to Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 14:27]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hard shifting when engine reaches normal operating temps...
Next Topic:1jz timing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:11:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060281753540039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.