Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
1jz pistons into a 2jz Tue, 23 August 2005 13:41 Go to next message
Sorry to be such a noob, but I have read (on these forums) that the difference between the 1jz-gte block and the 2jz-gte block is that the 2jz-gte is a stroked version with the same bore.

I have also heard that the 2jzge block is identical to the 2jzge in terms of rods and crank but the pistons are different. Can I use 1jzgte pistons in a 2jzge block and use my 1jz head? Or am I just dreaming?

Anyone who can shead a bit a light would be much appreciated.

Ben
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz pistons into a 2jz Tue, 23 August 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you are trying to make a 1.5jz using a 2jzge block? And you want to know if you can use 1jz pistons to lower compression?

I haven't heard of this being done. As the bore is the same, they will fit in there but you would need to find out if they use the little end of the conrod is the same on 1j's and 2j's. Also, I would think that even though the 1jz-gte and 2jz-gte have the same compression ratio of 8.5:1 (IIRC) that it may be slightly different when mixing and matching because of area above the piston. Actually now that I think of it, if you use 1j pistons and head it should be the same as 1j. But I don't know what would happen if you use 2j pistons and 1j head. Can't be too bad though as that is what most people do.

Why is it that you want to use 1j pistons?
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: 1jz pistons into a 2jz Tue, 23 August 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't had a lot of experience building blocks or even inspecting them. I have a spare low km 1jz-gte that appears to be newly new.

I would like the additional displacement that the 2jz block offers, ideally I would love a 2jz-gte block but after readying that the 2jzge block is rather strong it might suit my needs as I am chasing a responsive and drivable 300-350 hp at the wheels. Unfortunately I am a uni student and a turbo kit is a long way off.

I've heard that the 2jz block is taller than a 1jz so I assumed that its height is a result of the extra stroke. I'm just balking at buying forgies as I am not chasing that much hp (for the time being).

Ben
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz pistons into a 2jz Wed, 24 August 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the problem doing a 1.5jz is that you are still wanting to use the ct12a's from the 1jz. Money being spent on making a 1.5jz could be better spent on a cheap single turbo setup like what rex kelway is selling. I understand what you are saying about the extra displacement but as long as you don't go too large a turbo (like I did) then I think you will find the low down power of a single turbo 1j pretty good.

that is my 2.2c anyway Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz pistons into a 2jz Wed, 24 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to know the compression heights of both pistons before you can go anywhere. From memory, 2JZGE pistons are 34mm.
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: 1jz pistons into a 2jz Wed, 24 August 2005 11:24 Go to previous message
Actually I was going to get a set of manifold converters from rex, so I will piss off the ct12a turbos when I can.

thanks gt for the info on compression height, I will have to investigate both the pistons and conrods on both blocks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Do 4AGE 20 valve exhaust extractors fit a 4AGE 16 valve?
Next Topic:soarer seats... in built heater?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:54:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054810047149658 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.