Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sillyka162
Occasional Poster

July 2005
icon10.gif  Project ST162 - Take 2 Sat, 20 August 2005 11:09 Go to next message
I know you have probably all heard of people putting 3S-GTE's in their front wheel drive Celicas and you say to yourselves "Ah yes, another fool putting stupid amounts of power at the front wheels". Well I havta admit that I am one of those people. I just can't get over the 162's ok! Freak

I am going about it a different way to what I have read and hopefully a bit better. I have got the gen II motor, high-flowed CT26, Koni's, MR2 gearbox wit LSD etc etc and etc.

Ok will stop blabberin. I just need a bit of help on some final touches.

I have put in the ST185 brake booster and lines and want to use the 185 calipers. Does anyone know if an aftermarket brand of 185 discs will fit on a 162? I know they are bigger but we can modify the backing plate or remove it altogether. Anythin else we need to change?

Cross-Drilled or slotted or both? Does cross-drilled really produce heat stress cracks? This car is gonna be used for daily drivin Yawn /racin my grandma Nope /cruisin. Cool So prob gonna be drivin round town mainly.

What fuel pump should I be using?

How does everybody go with genuine Toyota oil? Any other recommendations?

Anythin else you think I should know then tell me!

Thankyas
  Send a private message to this user    
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Sat, 20 August 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly, which 185 psitons?Single pot or twin pot. The twin pot came with bigger rotors than the twins so there's you're answer.

Also get a bosch motorsport fuel pump, maybe a 044?I think that should cover your needs.

8===>
sillyka162
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Sun, 21 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that dude.

Bosch fuel pump is on the way.

By the way what does pot mean?

We are also chucking a metal head gasket into it. I read somewhere that there is a special way of sealing it but once its sealed its basically indestructible?

Anyone know this special way? Or proper way? Wink
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Sun, 21 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sillyka162 wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 21:09

I have put in the ST185 brake booster and lines and want to use the 185 calipers. Does anyone know if an aftermarket brand of 185 discs will fit on a 162? I know they are bigger but we can modify the backing plate or remove it altogether. Anythin else we need to change?

Cross-Drilled or slotted or both? Does cross-drilled really produce heat stress cracks? This car is gonna be used for daily drivin Yawn /racin my grandma Nope /cruisin. Cool So prob gonna be drivin round town mainly.

Check the DBA website.
You should be able to work out if the discs fit.

http://www.dba.com.au
sillyka162
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Sun, 21 August 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help buddy.

Didn't even know they had a website
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Tue, 23 August 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOu didnt just take my word on the model number did you? If so, probs a good idea to double check and ask the pro's. All i know is that it is a common upgrade for 4cyl's making decent power.

Always double check dude
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Tue, 23 August 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh 185 brakes will fit, also did u get stainless steel HG ? i just put one on my 3sgte Very Happy dun worry bout to much power at fwd its all good dood fuck people that say its the ghey, did u get T4 internals in your highflow ??
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Tue, 23 August 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bosch 044 there pricey id go walbro 255 $120 bucks cant go wrong for that price and will supply enuff fuel for a fair few mods

there is probably 10 - 15 people on this forum with the same conversion... have a search around

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 11:06]

sillyka162
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Tue, 23 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol it all good StuC, I not stoopid. I double checked! Freak

Berad I been lookin mate and noone is askin the same questions as me. Thanks for advice buddy but I heard a lot of good things about Bosch so far. Dunno how Walbro compares. Confused

Jorrs was your gasket hard to seal? Anythin special I need to do? Yer they tellin me its a full overhaul of turbo, steel wheels and steel shaft etc, good price too.

How does factory Toyota oil rate as turbo oil? Shocked

Thank yall again Very Happy
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Wed, 24 August 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good bloke doin the conversion...

I done it about a month ago. Makes a st162 go like stink!

Im gettin a 3" dump pipe made 4 mine. Should go heaps beta witout that stupid cat built into the stocko one!

Wat gearbox r u using?

Ty
sillyka162
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Wed, 24 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yer they sick cars mate, gotta love the old 162's. Fastest stocko 4cyl car I have ever driven.

Bought a MR2 SW20 box wit LSD. Best one to use I have heard. Got a lightened fly wit it too so cheerin.

What box have you got on yours?

I got the 3" dump bein made for mine too. Apparently the best thing to do with those lumpy stocko things is to run a hole saw through em - I didn't say that, I heard it somewhere Shocked

The people that have my turbo just got back to me with a final quote. $950 for it all to be done - High flowed etc with all garret stuff. Is that a good price for that sorta stuff?

They originally said around $400-$500. Dunno whats goin on there aye, can someone give me some advice on that?
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Thu, 25 August 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just used the st162 gearbox. I put a new gt4 pressure plate in it and a new clutch plate. The hearbox is holding up fine. I dont care if it blows up neway. Only takes 3 hours 2 get the motor out!

Yeh the stock dump is shit.

Well your project sounds like its coming along well!

ty
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Thu, 25 August 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big lumpy things i guess you mean the standard cats , with a different dump u wont have them you only need one, i dont know why people gut it lol not that you can really get caught but for that imaginery 500hp doesnt seem worth it lol

450 could have been for a rebuild 900 or so for a hiflow seems about right maybe even a bit cheap depending on what there putting in it
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Fri, 26 August 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thats pretty cheap hey, karl got it done to mine, was full rebuild and hgihflow was 2k
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: Project ST162 - Take 2 Fri, 26 August 2005 08:48 Go to previous message
Stuff paying 450 for a dump pipe. My cousin made mine... cost half the price!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:quiet exhaust
Next Topic:18RG block with unknown Pistons(with close up pics)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 00:11:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054938793182373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.