Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sat, 13 August 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A massive thank you must go out to Mark and the boys from Alliance Rim Repairs, they did an awesome job and even put up with my constant bitching about the colour. It wasn't right to begin with, then I took them back, and I still wasn't happy, so I asked them to try again, but this time paint all 4.

This is what we got:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/take3/1.jpg
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/take3/2.jpg

New colour is actually a slightly better match for my seats (which I tried to match to the rims. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sat, 13 August 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, now how about some shots with them actually "on" the car Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 14 August 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All in good time, I only found out they were ready on Friday arvo, and the tyre shop had to order the tyres in. I really should go take it for a wheel alignment at the same time though.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 14 August 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good !!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 21 August 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, everyone has probably seen the other thread with teh sick dyno graph. She's throwing a code, so hopefully I can have it sorted ASAP. For the record, max power should've been right on the edge of that graph Razz

For those who haven't had the misfortune, here is the graph:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/dynosheets/3.jpg

And these photos haven't gone up yet, but these ones make me a lot happier Razz
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/tyres/1.jpg
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/tyres/2.jpg
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/tyres/3.jpg
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/tyres/4.jpg

My 16x7.5" Buddy Club P1's shod in 225/50R16 Bridgestone Potenza G3's all round, lets just say she handles a whole lot better Nod
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 21 August 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well it looks phat

now get it making more power than a 1GGE and you shall be laughing Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 21 August 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sun, 21 August 2005 22:15

now get it making more power than a 1GGE and you shall be laughing Laughing

Hey, it was 9hp up on the 1GGE!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Sun, 21 August 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice... looking.

Fix that wiring/sensor/ecu/whatever and get the extra power you need!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No shit! I was aiming for around the 145rwhp mark on that level of boost, so hopefully I can get it sorted next time I dig up the time to go to the car.

I'm seriously hopeing it's a dizzy issue and that I can make it go away simply. Would be nice to have it idling properly too, won't go below 1200rpm for the most part.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks really good nathan, i eat my words about the colour coded cars! Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 09:06

looks really good nathan, i eat my words about the colour coded cars! Very Happy

Haha, thanks mate. Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess most of the ones i've seen had the door strips, spoiler, mirrors, the works, and looks kinda gay.

but, yours looks nice and clean, and the buddy clubs look great

you'll have to bring it to victoria and take me for a spin Very Happy Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I decided I had to make some concessions to the two-tone, otherwise it would be just too overwhelming, rather than tasteful. It will look better again when I put the rest of the trim and the mirrors on, then work out what I'm going to do for the side trims, I was kinda hesitant about putting them back on due to the way they rust out so badly.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for coming to Victoria, not till she's running right and is in the mood for munching on some 7M's Wink
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know what you mean about the door trims, and when they rust they warp and look weird and crappy... but with the black window trims and mirrors, i think your car will look superb- even without the side trims, im suprised how good these cars look clean like yours.

i'd be pretty keen to see a 1g,even though it would eat my 7m alive Laughing ... never been for a ride in a 1g powered car, let alone a ga61 Evil or Very Mad
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 11:37

As for coming to Victoria, not till she's running right and is in the mood for munching on some 7M's Wink

Stop by in Adelaide on the way over and I'll take you on some decent roads in the hills.

We'll realy test out our brakes !!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 10:59

Stop by in Adelaide on the way over and I'll take you on some decent roads in the hills.

Oh, we'll be stopping in Adelaide.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh joy Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 12:35

bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 10:59

Oh, we'll be stopping in Adelaide.

When ?

I'll have my car finished, I promise ..... Rolling Eyes
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 13:09

I'll have my car finished, I promise ..... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, me too Rolling Eyes - planning on detouring south?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, not sure.

Maybe for ToyNats next yeah, maybe for ToyoFest next year.

May wait until the year after.

Depends how build and budget is going.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a slightly related note - have any of you retained your A/C when doing your engien conversion? Am considering removing mine. Don't really need here... but road trips on the mainland are a different story.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 12:46

On a slightly related note - have any of you retained your A/C when doing your engien conversion? Am considering removing mine. Don't really need here... but road trips on the mainland are a different story.

Nope, all gone !!! It is amazing how much space is freed up !!!

JCMF & CrUZsida, make sure you stop by in Adelaide then !!! I may be able to join the road trip to the Nationals/Toyotafest as well !!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cressida still has all aircon stuff in it.
Just needs custom line, some gas, and some wiring.
But the Soarer will have nothing.

Gets a bit warm in summer, but then I just borrow someone elses car!

JCMF is planning to keep aircon.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XX has aircon installed in the dash, the aircon radiator installed in front of the engine radiator. The aircon compressor is installed, but the lines aren't plugged in. Probably going to have to see how close the 5MGE lines I have come to fitting. Then I have to jimmy up the wiring.

As for the rest of you, damn straight we'll be heading to Adelaide! Dunno about venturing south to Tassie though, the next time I go there will probably be via plane to visit my rellies.

Hills runs sounds awesome Michael! I just need to get my ass into gear to sort out some new bushes and some bracing ala Glen.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 13:04

As for the rest of you, damn straight we'll be heading to Adelaide! Dunno about venturing south to Tassie though, the next time I go there will probably be via plane to visit my rellies.

Hills runs sounds awesome Michael! I just need to get my ass into gear to sort out some new bushes and some bracing ala Glen.

What is the timeframe for this cross border sojourn ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 11:15

Ummm, not sure.

Maybe for ToyNats next year, maybe for ToyoFest next year.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 05:41]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll be coming next year Michael, he's not as slack as me Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 15:10

CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 11:15

Ummm, not sure.

Maybe for ToyNats next year, maybe for ToyoFest next year.

Smartass - what is the Date ? I'm not up yet with all of the big doo's. Isn't one around easter ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nats, Easter
Fest, October
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nats are at Easter (if they happen) and Toyfest is in October (?)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talking to the Stitt on saturday, he said if we make the journey for ToyFest next year, they can try and make it a bigger weekend.

Currently its just a show'n'shine, but he said they have the street legal drags that we can go to (like whoop ass wednesday I presume), and probably a hills run too.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 22 August 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We're so going then. Done and done. Now, I need to hook up that aircon Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 23 August 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have to walk the walk before you talk the talk.

1) finish car.

2) talk about driving it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 23 August 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, but I drove it the other day Razz
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Wed, 24 August 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are the side mirrors? Looks nice though!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Thu, 25 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 22:02

Where are the side mirrors? Looks nice though!

In a box Razz Originally my car came with mirrors on the guards, these were already removed when I bought the car. The mirrors that were on it were a) electric, b) odd and c) broken and not working Smile

I've got some mirrors from an RA65 I got cheap in decent condition, I didn't see the point in spending any more because I never use electric mirrors anyway, the manual ones don't need to be adjusted again once they're positioned.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Mon, 29 August 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, after Friday night, we are that much closer. Tidied up some dodgy wiring on my behalf for the starter and AFM signal wires (the fuel pump trigger).

New dizzy = much happier 1GGTE. Will scream up to redline now just as it should and will happily idle at the ~700-800rpm I want it to.

Strangely, now the dizzy is working properly, it also has enabled the boost cut. Good thing too, because my IEBC SHAT itself. Had tuned the car to sit at about 0.9bar in 4th, with a spike I was going to sort out a little later. Took it for a drive after, started boost-cutting, check the IEBC and she'd stopped working altogether. For once I'm glad it was boost-cutting.

Now to try and work out what is wrong with the IEBC and have the car ready for BVD's arrival in October Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 20 September 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a month has passed... more updates! Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 20 September 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its being kept quiet until revealed for BVD.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 20 September 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 20 September 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have 3 weeks to get it registered

i give you...

ZERO CHANCE.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX Tue, 20 September 2005 23:37 Go to previous message
BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 16:53

You have 3 weeks to get it registered

i give you...

ZERO CHANCE.

We shall see Baron...we shall see.
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior
Next Topic:Wilbo's JZA61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:09:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010210037231445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.