Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » 4agte 20v AE82 continued...the secrets out...gonna to be a FX-GT

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
4agte 20v AE82 continued...the secrets out...gonna to be a FX-GT Wed, 24 August 2005 15:40 Go to next message
Continued from this thread http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=57208&rid=213&S=ec63263e8000398d166ade58 671911c0&pl_view=&start=0#msg_614991

I purchased this car off MRKE20 and recieved it just Thursday last week.
Since then i have only changed the mags as didn't purchase it with the gold Lenso's

I'm a little unsure for the plans of this thing as yet. A few things i will being doing:
- Full respray with a possible pearl through it
- Hooking up the VVT
- Working out a way to get a prober bonnet release on it
- A modified front grill
- Retrimming the drivers seat
- Replacing the power window motors with heavy duty ones (motors are a little tired
- Central locking
- Retinting the windows
- rying to locate a FX-GT bonnet

A few possible future items:
- More suited turbo
- Different mags
- AE101 dash

However first things first
- Car gets dyno tuned tonight
- Then as i promised Jason a 12sec timeslip

Some new pics:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/s.faulks/4agte/DSCF0214.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/s.faulks/4agte/DSCF0215.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/s.faulks/4agte/DSCF0216.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 10:34]

Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like it..
I bet its fun to drive mate
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How is it to drive, when does boost come in etc etc.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt previous owner still have the GT bonnet?

dammit why did the car have to get taken interstate Crying or Very Sad
i want too see the 12sec timeslip
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She's a great car to drive. Feels n/a when driving it normal as doesn't hit boost till after 5,000rpm. Once she hits boost she flys. 3rd gear is when this car really winds up.

I have just dropped the car off at Fours and More for a tune. He said if time permits will lok at the VVT. If not will be done later.

Ill post the dyno sheet once i have it. Their dyno gives a very accurate figure and is lower then the other over estimated dynos around Adelaide. It puts out the same figures of those of the dyno at the Extreme Horsepower Show.

Car had to go interstate because thats where i lived Wink

A timeslip to come if I'm available during teh next lot of drags here

Yes the car did also have a FX-GT bonnet. I would like to have another but dont like me chances of find one soon

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 07:22]

v8xc
Regular

March 2005
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been in the car a few times now, and 3 words describe it...

Oh My God!

The power in this thing is incredible! Starts to come on boost at about 4500-5000rpm and then that tacho winds up real quick.

Should definately be interesting to see it down the track, if it can get traction Wink
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome car mate,

Being a resident of SA - The Defect State like yourself I'd say the first thing you should do is paint that intercooler black + put a grill in to hide it.. maybe also some black mesh in the bottom part to hide that area.

It looks like it could attact the wrong attention at the moment Smile.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck yeh, I like this AE82............. looks beast man...
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Thu, 25 August 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driftspec wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 21:31

Awesome car mate,

Being a resident of SA - The Defect State like yourself I'd say the first thing you should do is paint that intercooler black + put a grill in to hide it.. maybe also some black mesh in the bottom part to hide that area.

It looks like it could attact the wrong attention at the moment Smile.

I'm not too worried at the moment with it still having NSW rego. However, it's a bit hard to fit a grill in there at the moment as it has nowhere to bolt to. I was going to modify one, knock the guts out of it and replace the inner plastics with black metal mesh. also mesh up the bumper so all the chrome is well hidden
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Fri, 26 August 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no dyno graph today. car snapped the accelator cable while getting tuned. thats being fixed now and tune will be finished tonight instead.

the barrel has also been proberly bleed as still had some air in it so should make for some interesting results

with a little bit of fine tuning to do it has hit the 165kw mark
S3PHRO
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Sun, 28 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That things a beast! lookin good man, 165kw? nice..
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Sun, 28 August 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks awesome ! How much did you pick it up for ?
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Mon, 29 August 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is beautifully tuned hitting around 150kw after trying several different maps. this one was the niciest for everyday driving. hits boost alot smoother and driving out of boost feels just like my 4agze ae82 without as much torque

when doing a power run the car hit a mamoth 175kw. unfortunately when tried to get a print out of it and run it again the intercooling plumping blew off. didnt want to risk running another power run as my current goal is to make a nice smooth power curve for the time being

within the next month or so will be seeing if can fiddle with the midrange more and also the VVT

to give you an idea of how impressive 175kw is there was a 200sx there with the exact same turbo. it managed 180kw. only 5 more then the might 1.6L

here is the map i am running now

http://members.optusnet.com.au/s.faulks/4agte/dyno1.jpg
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued Mon, 29 August 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that really pushing the motor??? i would of expected it to make over 200fwkw's ....
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 29 August 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the map above is an everyday driving map not designed for peak power.

however saying that it did hit 175kw when doing a peak power run on 16psi. should hit 200kw plus if push 20psi through it. i will not be doing this as something we most likely let go on the bottom end. will look at strengthing the bottom end later on

please also note this dyno is extremely accurate. Fours n More will not inflate the figures like some of the other workshops i know. i could run this car on the 150kw map on at least 4 other dynos i know and hit over 170kw.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 29 August 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enuf standard bottom end???
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 29 August 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a ze bottom end. ill; will need to ghet in touch with the previous owner to see if has touched it inside. i believe it hasnt yet
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 29 August 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gze bottom end should be good for 200kw atw.....

having said that with a turbo like that it would be worth building up a strong bottom end
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 29 August 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 21:28

gze bottom end should be good for 200kw atw.....

having said that with a turbo like that it would be worth building up a strong bottom end

your probably right with that figure

the turbo is over kill though i believe. could get same figures out of a GT28 and hit boost much sooner
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 29 August 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yahuh im looking at making somewhere arround 180-200rwkw with a gt2535
4ag20t
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Wed, 31 August 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this car have a gt30 {large}or was that a typo on the dyno graph?
Did you get the vvt hooked up?
cheers
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Wed, 31 August 2005 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ag20t wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 15:32

Does this car have a gt30 {large}or was that a typo on the dyno graph?
Did you get the vvt hooked up?
cheers

yes sometime of hybrid gt30. probably suited to something over 2L in size

VVT still hasnt been hooked up. will be looked at soon i hope
4ag20t
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Thu, 01 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should make a good difference to top end power when vvt is hooked up,should be easy to connect, its only 2 wires ignition and a switched wire.
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Sun, 04 September 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious as to what brand/type of rims are
currently on the car?
what tyres are you running?
it looks mean Evil or Very Mad
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with dyno Mon, 05 September 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the rims are R Power Connoisseur and tyres are Ventus Sport
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...now with new plans Thu, 10 November 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have new plans for 'THE 20V' over the summer. Details will be released soon...and maybe a couple of photos
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...with big new plans to be released soon Wed, 16 November 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the secret is revealed HERE

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?p=549 2#post5492
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...with big new plans to be released soon Wed, 16 November 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, your a lucky man!!!

Throw us some more details about the FX.... Surprised
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte 20v AE82 continued...with big new plans to be released soon Wed, 16 November 2005 08:46 Go to previous message
what sought of details you want? there aint much to her yet
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:simon-ae86's drift car - 20V 4agte now underway
Next Topic:KE55 coupe, 4age conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:00:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058619976043701 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.