Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Model dedicated threads?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 10:13 Go to next message
How many model specific threads do we need? I'm waiting for the toyota forklift dedicated thread to pop up...

Current Standings:

AW11 Dedicated Thread - 3871 posts
ST162 Dedicated Thread - 3158 posts
Soarer Dedicated Thread - 1787 posts
MA61 Dedicated Thread - 559 posts
GT4 Dedicated Thread - 513 posts
ST165 Dedicated Thread - 47 posts
TE72 - T-18 Dedicated Thread - 40 posts
Camry Dedicated Thread - 29 posts (fallen off the first page)
Corolla Dedicated Thread - 3 posts

WHO WILL BE THE ULTIMATE WINNER - YOU DECIDE!
  Send a private message to this user    
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke corolla thread 918 posts ( i think )
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knew i would've missed one or two... Razz
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What, no RT-142 Corona threads. Come on, there is like 3 of us on here...... Laughing
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota Coaster Dedicated Thread would be the Shizzle! Very Happy
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i thought this was gonna be some kinda of super model dedicated picture thread when i read the title.
Sad
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:43

damn i thought this was gonna be some kinda of super model dedicated picture thread when i read the title.
Sad

ditto
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, thats what i figured as well.

What a let down.

BlackGT4 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:43

Sad

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont we make a model dedicated thread then? Razz
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What?

No Toyota Crown dedicated threads?

That is a bummer.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PHOBIA wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:31

What, no RT-142 Corona threads. Come on, there is like 3 of us on here...... Laughing

there is a corona registry thread too has like 50 posts yay, and the 1jzgte registry.
Red prius dedicated thread
i thought it was gonna be about model cars oh well, super model dedicated thread wouldn't go astray either though.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 23:12]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the soarer thread is nuts, they do a page every 2-3 days almost. i reckon give em a month or two and they'll be ahead of the AW11 thread Wink
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:45

BlackGT4 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:43

Sad

ditto

same lol
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 gets a new page every day or two.

I think that these threads are good - it gives us a bit of a common interest community.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Model dedicated threads? Thu, 18 August 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugga, When I seen the topic header I thought it was going to be about scale models.
So if there is going to be a dedicated thread for every model car here wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the forum being a Toyota Forum? to cover ALL Toyota's.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 09:13

the soarer thread is nuts, they do a page every 2-3 days almost. i reckon give em a month or two and they'll be ahead of the AW11 thread Wink

Don't worry we will get there - Also make that 4 RT142 Coronas...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose its probably better to keep posting in the one thread than to post new threads all the time.
I'm surprised at the amount of activity in the ST162 thread though... must be more people driving them than I thought (or maybe they are all post whores)
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 10:41

...I'm surprised at the amount of activity in the ST162 thread though... must be more people driving them than I thought (or maybe they are all post whores)

guess we've been busted Laughing Its only a half-arsed attempt to catch up to the AW11 guys and reclaim the 'biggest thread' trophy. Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nod

and look at the date when each was created LOL
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as I said before, all the model threads (aw11, st162, etc) get so many posts because their owners are all post whores. The ma61 one is a slow mover, because we're all actually doing engine conversions Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE Corolla dedicated thread. 920 8518

how come there no sprinter/ae86 dedicated thread? Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 12:35

KE Corolla dedicated thread. 920 8518

how come there no sprinter/ae86 dedicated thread? Rolling Eyes

they just post randomly everywhere and or keep it in the members ride section.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 12:24

as I said before, all the model threads (aw11, st162, etc) get so many posts because their owners are all post whores. The ma61 one is a slow mover, because we're all actually doing engine conversions Smile

Personally I don't think it matters, the important thing is that discussion amongst owners of the cars takes place and it's on topic, which surprisingly is what occurs 99% of the time in the soarer thread Wink it's cool!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As if we are post whores. Also, we dont need to do engine conversions because they were decent to start with Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woooppss having lunch (work Crying or Very Sad )
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I had a 5M I would be doing a conversion too Razz
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't there a celica thread or something?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:13

ST162 Dedicated Thread - 3158 posts

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He meant REAL celicas... (Dons ultra retardent flame suit Cool )

Yep, there a was a 1st gen thread, but most people deemed it gay, since the first gen celica doesn't need egotistic owners to prove it's classic status Very Happy .

(PS: the above doesn't count as a plug by an egotistic 1st gen celica owner.. It was the car typing, I swear!)
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Fri, 19 August 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 20:13

How many model specific threads do we need? I'm waiting for the toyota forklift dedicated thread to pop up...

Ralph Wiggum voice: "At my work, we have an old Toyota forklift, we call it the dinosaur."

Lol, yeh we have 2 Toyota forklifts, one is old, and crappy, and slow, and ugly, I think of it as an unwanted old KE series Corolla, and then we have a newer forklift, with quad front tyres, big mast, heaps of power, we flog the arse out of it, I think of it as an MA61 Supra for som reason lol.

Oh, and there isn't an AE86 dedicated thread atm, because in the past too many dickheads have come in and ruined them. Rolling Eyes
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Sat, 20 August 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha someone tried to ring in with the sprinters on the KE dedicated tread when i first started it over a year ago. he was very quickly shut down to say the least hahaha.

id like to say some of the threads that are being made are a bit stupid and not really to the point, i know the KE one is getting a bit sidetracked the reason why i started it was so we could have one spot that has all tech info on KE corollas and conversions ect but so far seems to have stayed on track pretty well.

but yea corona threads, keep it in MSN if u ask me. i mean theres probably 2 ppl on here doing something really decent with their coronas (no offence to anyone else) and they have their member ride threads.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Model dedicated threads? Sun, 21 August 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey everyone, Im the rad dude who started the AW11 thread the biggest thread in the history of the internet, which i also invented...

FIGJAM

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Sun, 21 August 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 01:52

Hey everyone, Im the rad dude who started the AW11 thread the biggest thread in the history of the internet, which i also invented...

FIGJAM

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

nope on IDA there was a much to do about nothing thread, had over 500 pages (15 posts per page) got deleted are we broke 5000 posts.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Mon, 22 August 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im surprised no one has stated the uselessness of the thread that states the uselessness of the threads that are useless? Razz

i to was misslead into this thread in search of super models Sad hahah

Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Mon, 22 August 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay, we should also start a torago thread. 2.4L of power unleashed through massive rear tyres. lol. i love my rago, for the first time ever, i managed to spin a half nut on the gravel patch at the end of my street Smile

do rago's have sum kind of lsd? it deffinetly managed to limy...

*homer spinnin on floor* whoooooop whoooop whooop whoop whop
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Mon, 22 August 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm Laughing Laughing Laughing
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Mon, 22 August 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 08:50

FIGJAM

nope on IDA there was a much to do about nothing thread, had over 500 pages (15 posts per page) got deleted are we broke 5000 posts.

Thank god you're here to straighten out the facts.... Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Mon, 22 August 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is toyota dyna thread too isn't there ?
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Mon, 22 August 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 12:49

im surprised no one has stated the uselessness of the thread that states the uselessness of the threads that are useless? Razz

i to was misslead into this thread in search of super models Sad hahah

lol! funny shit!
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Model dedicated threads? Tue, 23 August 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, you've forgotten the one for the ae82 which was, kind of like the undead. Died after the first couple of posts, rose up after it smelt fresh postings and then died again.

Or will it raise its hand up from the grave again and wave
HERE I AM
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Model dedicated threads? Wed, 24 August 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
found another one SV21 camry dedicated thread
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=381649&rid=4118&S=c1295cbaad686decd239 c12567f6bab7
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Model dedicated threads? Wed, 24 August 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 14:06

Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 08:50

FIGJAM

Thank god you're here to straighten out the facts.... Rolling Eyes

Come on, there only tinny threads. The 4WD Monthly Forum has a thread called the "never ending story". It is 334 pages long with 16652 posts. That’s a whole lot of time waistin shit. Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Model dedicated threads? Wed, 24 August 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i was joking, as if i meant that shit
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Model dedicated threads? Wed, 24 August 2005 20:46 Go to previous message
draven wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 12:24

Think you'll find that about 50% of posts are tech related and the other 50% are whore worthy Laughing

If you do the math, they'll need close to another 6 months.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turkish Grandprix
Next Topic:MTV Overdrive - Online Streaming
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:36:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072791576385498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.