Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Mon, 22 August 2005 01:12 Go to next message
I'm ashamed to even ask this...
I need a ford 250 2v (its an engine from an XY, XA or TC cortina)
Its for my boat - the old one overheated and exploded yesterday, sent a welsh plug flying and now its seized.

I know this is a toyota forum (derr!) but if anyone knows a forum to point me towards that'd be great.
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Mon, 22 August 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to www.fordforums.com or buy a parts peddler mag for $3.95 - there are dozens of the suckers for sale.
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Wed, 24 August 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay on your advice i bought the parts peddler. It seems to be all v8's in there, not much in the 6's, and they're all victoria.

I've done my research. Sounds like the XF EFI engine is the best one, i just need to rip the EFI crap off it and convert it to carby.
Anyone know where i'd get a marine exhaust manifold for it or can point me in the right direction?
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Wed, 24 August 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch out for the xf efi engine... it has a different cam to the carby engine, and you cant put a fuel pump on the side of the block with them. easier just to get the XF carbie engine, still an okish engine... not as good as a toyota one tho Wink Evil or Very Mad
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Wed, 24 August 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris - did you seize a 250 2V, and if so, can I have the stuffed motor please? Catch me on MSN for Ford 250 info too.
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Wed, 24 August 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o man 23... good point about the fuel pump!!!
I'm well aware how much the head is worth, so no thanks CLG.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Thu, 25 August 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, thats cool - if you want to sell it, and it still has it's standard air cleaner and carby, I'm interested.
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: Ashamed to even ask this... need a ford 250 2v Thu, 25 August 2005 05:18 Go to previous message
Well, you wouldn't want it anyway - its got a 350 Holley
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:++ 1J hydraulic fan / motor ++
Next Topic:URGENT: L/H Drive Shaft st162 SX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 16:58:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052239894866943 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.