Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 13:59 Go to next message
hey guys, where in Melb or even Oz would i look for a complete JDM 16v 4AGE setup or half cut? for an AE86

ive been down the FWD conversion 100kw 16v route with my last car, but this time i want an original 4AGE 16v JDM engine.

Also whats a off the shelf RWD 16v 100kw package worth compared to a JDM package?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the importers would ask for the same price, if not more, as someone who will ask for their rwd smallport on this forum
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been watching the forums for awhile now aswell as many others for a nice package not ridiculously expensive but ive seen zero JDM 4AGES and next to none decent complete FWD to RWD packages. All advertised as bits and pieces or FWD only tired engines

I would expect the JDM to be more, whats a normal off the shelf kit FWD 2 RWD worth these days? been 2-3years since my last AE86

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 14:07]

Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best ye not be forgetting the 20 year oldness of the 16V 4AG variants. Ye best be taking notice of when the last 3T-GTE etc was ye had seen.

Said reason is why 20V's and 4AGZE's are more commonly available.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very good point actually, i am looking into a GZE aswell but i would like the 16v just because i dont wanna spend 4K+ on a the 20v or GZE, i can install a 16v myself but feel id get lost with the aboves and have to pay someone too much to get it all sorted out.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purchase and rebuild.

Either of those other 2 motors aren't much more complex. Plus you have the combined knowledge of the Toymods forums, (minus the cockheads) to help if you get stuck.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Wed, 24 August 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah maybe i should just delve into the 20v or GZE seeing as i have already had 2 x 4AGE 16v's in the past in my old TE72 and AE86.

Thanks for the sensible advice anyway, you'll see what i end up with when i put my car up in rides section next month Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Thu, 25 August 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what exactly is a JDM 16v 4age? a 3 rib bigport (found in some Ozzie rolla's) or a 7 rib bigport (as found in Ozzie AW11's)...
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Thu, 25 August 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The JDM 4ag is the 3 rib bigport with a RWD manifolds, Alternator on exhaust side and a spigot bearing, really I think this is the only difference in looks. Oh and the loom is tailored to the AE86...

Its also is rated at 97kw rather than 86kw, it has a different tuning, presumably for higher octane jap petrol. I think it has low impedence injectors (they are a cream colour as opposed to the purple colour on aus ones). I have been told that because of this you cant just plug the aus ecu into a jap motor (and presumably vice-versa as a lot of people post up asking about). I cant confirm this though...

I bought my JDM 4AG off these forums a year ago for 1000 flat and it came with pretty much everything I needed to put it into my car bar fuel pump and hose fittings etc. It even came with a good clutch.

I paid 500 for a full exhaust, but if you really wanted to you could connect it up to the original spoontah one (but they aint good for the 4ag). With all the extras it costed me about 1800-2000 all ready to go. Oh, it had been sitting around unstarted for about 2 years... I pretty much just cranked it over and away I went Smile
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Thu, 25 August 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sweet thanks for all that info Smile

thats exactly why i want a JDM one, 1K everything you need and put it in myself.

an 86kw 16v FWD to RWD package all inclusive costs around $1700+ and around $200-300 extra for the 100kw one! from some workshops
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Thu, 25 August 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alternator is on the inlet side not the exhaust
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Thu, 25 August 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All inclusive eh? I think for that price I'd be getting a 100kw Wink
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Sat, 27 August 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont forget the JDM motor also should have a MAP sensor not AFM.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE Sat, 27 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous message
stuff paying nearly 2K for a clapped out AE92 engine, im going to be buying a block and rebuilding it now with afew aftermarket goodies inside and a wolf 3d v4, doesnt work out to be a hell of alot more than a std package install by a workshop which is like around 3.5-4K! thats if my friends and i do alot of the install build up, but thats cool Very Happy looking at about 6-8weeks til its in me thinks Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze transplant
Next Topic:ae101 antenna removal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:34:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051579475402832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.