Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine NO LONGER FOR SALE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tooch
Regular

June 2002
MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine NO LONGER FOR SALE! Thu, 25 August 2005 13:13 Go to next message
NO LONGER FOR SALE sorry guys!

Well it's been a hard decision....a lot of umming and ahhing but I really don't have time for this car anymore. The engine has started smoking when its hot, and I don't have time to get the engine rebuilt or swapped over. Drives perfectly fine, hasn't lost power, but smokes. I believe the rings are gone, so it would suit a rebuild.

-220,xxx kms
-Genuine Group A #53
-3" exhaust
-17" Sparco wheels
-CD player, sub, amp, and half installed 6.5" Infinity Kappa Perfect splits.
-Brand new radiator, water pump etc.
-K&N pod
-GPA.053 rego plates

The body of the car is almost perfect, as people on here will tell you, and the interior is not bad apart from a hole in the drivers seat, and a few scratches here and there. Will be sold without RWC due to the smokiness of the engine.

Very very regretful and sad decision to let her go, but frankly I don't have time to give her the attention she now needs Sad

Looking at offers around $10k but may be negotiable.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 02:14]

Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noooooo!
Don't sell the Grey beast!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad Gunna miss seeing it down my street Crying or Very Sad
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't sell it man... its probably just f'cked turbo seals as dead rings pretty much always cause a big loss in power.

I will even "lend" you a good condition CT20B if you want to test the theory out... or at least do a compression test on the engine before you deem it to have dead rings.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn dude, that sucks!! A Gen III 3SGTE woulndt go astray on this beast for sure, but finding the time and what not is a problem as is money.

I remember this car well man, you beat me to it dude. I ended up buying my damaged white beast instead. But Its so rare to see a Black Group A.

Take up Toobs offer on checking the turbo seals. Its not worth letting go after all the trouble you been through.

esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure you wan't to sell your car?
Rings wouldn't cost more than a grand to do would they?
I can probably offer you about 9k for it, As thats all I have.Smile
I am currently looking at a red GT4, that blows a bit of smoke when it's cold, and has some mild damage, and average paint for about 6K, but yours looks so much better.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs: pretty sure its rings mate, as it doesn't seem related to boost at all. Does it on or off boost, as well as just sitting there at the lights. But I should do a compression test anyway.

Meanwhile, if i get a good offer it's going Sad
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Thu, 25 August 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know you, but 10 grand for a group A imaculate cond GT4, with ring problems, please dont be so stupid. I know is depressing belive me i know i just replace a headgasget HKS cost me over 1500 grand for everything i had to do, and guess what either head just cracked or head gasket i know it bits but think about it all. Just some words of encouragement, just from the avaitar it looks too good to sell.
good luck with either way you decide though Brad
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a guy ring up to enquire about my GT4, but as its sold I just had a bit of a chat to him.

Hes after one to do up for rally purposes and thus is after something that is in need of some work or such.

I've linked him to this thread so if you would be able to post up a contact number or such im sure he'd be glad to get into contact with you. Also esk34, if you decide you don't want that $6000 car, might be nice to pass on the contact details to me so I can pass them on to this bloke if at all possible.

FYI tooch the guys name is Roger.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give you the info if the deal falls through.
AI would really love to get this car, but I think you should keep it.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me ring a friend ..

I may know of a st205 half cut sitting idle , with everything .....

youll regret selling the car tooch !

Edit: just called - hes still using it but get in contact with matty at toyospares - he might be able to help you out and turn it around quick

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 02:29]

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am really in 2 minds about what to do here, I think I may regret selling if I do it too fast...

Classique: thanks a heap for your help mate, I'll give Matt a call tomorrow and see what he can do. Does he do rebuilds or would I be looking at just a change over?

Sorry to be so indecisive guys, its just a really hard decision! maybe I should go buy a $500 shitbox to drive while i stuff around with this!
Gimpy
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you should shut the hell up!
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gimpy wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 18:08

Maybe you should shut the hell up!

Eh?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Fri, 26 August 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tooch, try not to rush it. and dont sell the beast soo cheap Smile

The spare car idea might be the best way to go for the mean time.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine SALE ON HOLD! Fri, 26 August 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree completly, keep the car. Get an old rolla or somrthing to run round in until it's fixed. That is my plan with an st185.
Im gonna be fixin whatever I get until, I think it's pretty much right before it even hits the road. Then it will become my weekend car.
Or you could sell it to me.Smile I will gladly take it.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine Sat, 27 August 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a shitter mate - while the gt4 is being fixed ..

Im glad i have dads supra as a backup - makes life alot easier when stuff has to be done ..

Doesnt need to be a bullet - just somehting like a ke70 or something cheap - then - when gt4 is fixed - sell the corolla !
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: MELB: 1991 Celica GT4 Group A with smokey engine NO LONGER FOR SALE! Sat, 27 August 2005 10:20 Go to previous message
yeah i was in the same boat not long ago. i was seriously considering selling mine (non GRP-A).. but luckily i came across a rebuilt 3sgte on these very forums.
good luck man.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:89 twin turbo supra
Next Topic:Toyota Crown UZS131 Royal Saloon G ** SOLD **
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:57:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062510967254639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.