Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 22R cam/carb upgrade?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 02:44 Go to next message
Hi

im doing some mild tuning on my 22R, i wanna move the powerband from lov-mid to mid-high, and hopefully gain a few hp's too.

i been offered this cam, wich they said would give me a a good powerband change, and add a few hp's, but im not sure about this cam, i dont know what the original cam is either, but i hope someone can tell me about what this cam i been offered means.

270/430, what would this mean, is it good high and duration? should it be able to add some more hp and give me a lot better accelration? better accelration is really what im looking for the most.

if this cam isnt suitable, i hope someone can tell me what i should look for.

im also looking for a carb upgrade, anyone have any good tips on what to use there yo gain some power? (something cheap)

thanks in advance Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you in Aus? Is this the Crow Cams cam? I ran the specs by the 22R experts on the Old Celica Club mailing list, and the consensus was that it was probably no better or worse than stock.

Unfortunatley, there isn't much support for the 22R in Aus. Heaps of aftermarket in the USD tho (including cams - the 'stage 2' trd one or equivalent is only recommeneded after port work IIRC). I suggest subscribign to the email mailing list at www.celicas.org (not the online forum, the mailing list) and ask some questions.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't see much point in getting a better cam because atm your intake manifold is just sapping all of your power so i'd fix that up first. I don't know about replacing the carb but you should be able to hook up the corona/celica efi gear and manifold with little trouble.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The stock cam is supposed to suck badly, and a marked imporvement is supposed to be had by upgrading to a 'stage 1' cam.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want info on modding i think the best option would be to find a 4wd forum cos there will be ample info on there about modding 22re in 4 runners etc. Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be aware that a 22R will never be a performer unless you sink large piles of cash into it. Think carefully about your goals before you go down this path.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 22R cam/carb upgrade? Fri, 26 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous message
Exactly. If you could pick up a few parts cheaply, and realistically see that that is as far as you will go, then fine, but otherwise...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wiring diagram for 4afc,
Next Topic:3TGTEU Valve gap???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:55:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049259662628174 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.