Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » PLZ Help:4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
icon4.gif  PLZ Help:4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Fri, 26 August 2005 10:32 Go to next message
Ok, I am really scared now, Every few days I open my bonnet and there is oil directly over where the dip stick is. I just figured my dip stick must have been loose so I pulled it out and cleaned it and put it back in but it just keeps happening?
Does anyone know why this is happening/how to prevent it?
Is it just something as simple as the rubber seal around the dip stick is rooted and it just squirts oil or is it a pressure problem?
Thanks for any help and info.
Cheers.
-Whitchy-

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2005 14:33]

Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Fri, 26 August 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm pressure in the sump..not good
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Fri, 26 August 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure your PCV system is working properly, but if the dipstick rubber is knackered it can make a mess at times too.
scubba
Regular

May 2004
Re: 4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Sat, 27 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell me if im wrong guys but this sounds abit like blow dont you's think?
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: PLZ Help:4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Mon, 29 August 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the PCV system?
If it isn't just the rubber on the dipstick, which I don't think it is cause there is always oil smeared all the way up the dipstick! then what is causing my problems?and what is the best way to go about fixing it, if it is fixable? Or if it isn't very easily fixed how much more life do you rekon I can get out of my engine before it shits itself and I need to replace it?
Thanks heaps for the help so far!
-Cheers-
Whitchy!
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: PLZ Help:4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Mon, 29 August 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i very very much doubt its a problem with your motor. The PCV is a component which equalizes pressure outside to the pressure inside the chamber wherer the crankshaft sits. Most probably, this component is faulty and is not equalizing pressure, so whats happening is the pressure is trying to equalize through the dipstick hole.

This is not particularly dangerous, but just adds stress to some engine components, and just isnt a good thing to have. Get it checked out. It would be a simple and cheap fix.
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: PLZ Help:4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Tue, 30 August 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a pipe about as thick as your thumb that goes from the valve cover to the intake. Pull it out from the valve cover end (just a sharp tug should do it) and shake it - it should make a rattle sound.
This is the PCV valve - maybe its screwed. Nothing special.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: PLZ Help:4AGE squirting oil all over bonnet???WTF?? Tue, 30 August 2005 08:14 Go to previous message
chrishulbert wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 10:02

Theres a pipe about as thick as your thumb that goes from the valve cover to the intake. Pull it out from the valve cover end (just a sharp tug should do it) and shake it - it should make a rattle sound.
This is the PCV valve - maybe its screwed. Nothing special.

I seriously think you'll find that 4age's dont have a PCV as such as other cars.

The 4age PCV is just bypass hose fron inlet cam cover to the inlet manifold, to help with control of crankcase ventilation. No valve as such.

I suggest spray some carby/throttle bodie cleaner in the cam cover thru the little hole and then into the inlet manifold. At most take that inlet cam off and clean thoroughly.

Might be a bit messy but is there any air/pressure coming out of the dip stick hole whilst motor is running.

If that doesnt help, blow by, motor buggered time for a rebuild?

Have you replaced and gaskets/rubber seals or anything of late.

Cheers

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1uz in Ford Model "A"
Next Topic:My ze is stalling?! help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:53:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035438537597656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.