Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Sun, 09 June 2002 14:18 Go to next message
Just trying to do a research here...
How much will you guys pay for a

1. JDM spec AE86 Trueno/Levin GT APEX or GTV?
2. JDM spec AW11 Supercharge/4age
3. JDM spec AE92 Coupe Supercharge/4age

I may have access to these car in afew weeks time...
But...How much do u guys thinks these car worth if I can get it here in Australia with registration etc.?
  Send a private message to this user    
idfamily
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Sun, 09 June 2002 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. JDM spec AE86 Trueno/Levin GT APEX or GTV?
2. JDM spec AW11 Supercharge/4age
3. JDM spec AE92 Coupe Supercharge/4age

1.7000 on road
2 and 3. 5000 + other fees..

just a guess///
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the ads in OPTION and the like are anything to go by,you'll be looking at at least $12k to get a decent ae86 here and registered.

they often go for at least $8k in japan,then add duties and freight costs for bringing one over,then blue slip and rego...

the new popularity of the ae86 has bumped the prices up into the same range as an R32 GTSt. it seems everyone wants to try their hand at drifting like a certain anime character.

I can't comment on mr2s or FF corollas as I don't follow those at all.

Justin...

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2002 11:07]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i disslike initial d for the fact that it has raised the interest of people for sprinters, i spose its good for those who own one and want to sell but not for those who have been looking to buy for years Cry bah im just a whinger born in the wrong generation, i think i shoulda been born a few years earlier Cry also im abusing the smiley system Nod
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Mon, 10 June 2002 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 10 June 2002 9:51 PM

i disslike initial d for the fact that it has raised the interest of people for sprinters, i spose its good for those who own one and want to sell but not for those who have been looking to buy for years Cry bah im just a whinger born in the wrong generation, i think i shoulda been born a few years earlier

yeah,you are a whinger. Grin a lot of people have bought sprinters recently,yet you have been saying for nearly a year that you want one,but don't do anything about it. they're out there,go look if you're serious!

put notes under wipers,scour the tradie,and check out cars that are advertised here.
I bought one for a friend 6 mths ago which was advertised on this forum,noone else came to look at it.
it has a perfect dash,straight body,NO rust,and cost my friend $3200.
you have to be in it to win it dude!

Justin...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Tue, 11 June 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive been "looking" for a little while now (checking out a few with no intention to buy due to lack of money) and ive only recently started working and saved enough money to seriously looking into buying one. i know im a whinger cause i remember a number of ocassions last year where there was a nice sprinter for a decent price and i had to let it pass me by due to lack of funds. i havent got HEAPS now but enough to get me a nice stock one. and yeah i do look a lot now whenever i see one i pester the onwer and im up every thursday before work on the net checking the TP.
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Tue, 11 June 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What if I say i can get a decent one, no crashed b4, with TRD 2 way LSD, Trueno maybe....black and silver 2 tone....
will you guys pay $8000 on the road for that?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Wed, 12 June 2002 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id give you 6k if you could get it up to sydney.
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Wed, 12 June 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

$6000? i think i can get u one with average codition or minor crashed b4....
or you can have my car...haha...i planning to sell mine coz i want a JDM one.....
i sell u mine for $6500.....
mail me on gtr0@hotmail.com
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Wed, 12 June 2002 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok get me one in average condition then Smile
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Thu, 13 March 2003 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking for one for about a year now, I driven about 10 or so and just cant find one at the right price. I've very temped to go interstate because I see them in the trader cheap all the time in VIC and NSW but there is about 1 a month here in SA and they are always snaped up for a stupid price, ppl pay $3000-5000 for one with a leaking 4a-c and rust. I recon these cars are worth on $1000-2000 at the most but these cars are so popular it strange the amount ppl are willing to pay for them.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Thu, 13 March 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats it, theyre popular so you gotta pay what people ask. how old is this post? geez i didnt have a sprinter back then and now i got two Laughing
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Thu, 13 March 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Thu, 13 March 2003 16:43

how old is this post? geez i didnt have a sprinter back then and now i got two Laughing

ha! i was reading through this whole thread b4 u mentioned the date. this shit is old.... Confused
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Thu, 13 March 2003 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM AE86's are going for above $10k at the moment ... um, you could always get an Oz spec one like I did for $2,500 and then end up with something like this a year later Surprised :

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/Panda.jpg

Of course, that's $2,500 for the car alone + $10,000 of mods & other stuff ... Shocked
Willy86
Regular

May 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Sat, 15 March 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dodgy,

Are they 15" wheels on your car? if so what made you go fifteens, so many people put 14 or 15" wheels on ae86s just wondering why? are there comon difficulties in using bigger wheels on such a car? it couldnt be just for cost of rubber? just curious. Did you have someone else do the engine conversion for you, or did you do most yourself?
Ever consider a gze? or regret not doing it now that your used to 4ag power?
Sorry 'bout all the questions, its just that I'll be making these decisions in the near future.
Thanks

Will
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Sun, 16 March 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was talking to the bloke at toyota about putting a 4agze in a sprinter, since every one is saying how good they are and he said it would be the stupidest thing to do. He seen far to many ppl come to grief because the car could not handel the power. I think a 20v may be the way to go after hearing this.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Sun, 16 March 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a 20v conversion isnt as staight forward as you think.
and what would a toyota mechanic know? they are less qualified than the rest. no offense to anyone but i worked at toyota and got a poor as education. ive learnt more in a month that i did there in over a year.
heaps have done the conversion i havent heard anyone complain.
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Mon, 17 March 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not like a 4AGZE has 200kw. What exactly can't handle the power?

Cal.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Mon, 17 March 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um ... the T-50 gearbox for one ...

Haven't heard of one lasting long unless the owner drove like an old lady. You'd need something beefier like a W57 Supra gearbox. Even then, it's hard to say if the ratios are suited to the engine given that there was never a gearbox developed for a 4AGZE that was meant for RWD (excluding MR2).

My 2 cents worth ...
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: how much should we pay for JDM AE86/92/AW11? Wed, 19 March 2003 01:27 Go to previous message
The guy from toyota was saying that he has seen 3 ppl with 4agze sprinters come to grief because somthing on the car broke because it was not made to have a 4agze in it. This is just what he said I dont know the exactly what happend in each case.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What Mags for a GZ20/MZ70 Soarer???
Next Topic:GIANT RALLY THIS SUNDAY -stop the racist war on Iraq
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 08:19:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052130222320557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.