Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kontos
Occasional Poster

August 2005
4agze transplant Fri, 26 August 2005 12:38 Go to next message
i have a 83 corolla cs with a 4agze turbo in it i want swap this running gear into my 1975 ke 30 corolla would it fit straight in or would it need mods. Any advice would be much appreciated. it also has a sprinter box would that hold the power, what else fits?
cheers

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 12:53]

Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 4agze transplant Fri, 26 August 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kontos wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 20:38

i have a 83 corolla cs with a 4agze turbo in it i want swap this running gear into my 1975 ke 30 corolla would it fit straight in or would it need mods. Any advice would be much appreciated. it also has a sprinter box would that hold the power, what else fits?
cheers

a 4agze turbo, im assuming is a 4agte, unless its both supercharged and turbocharged?

no its not a straight swap, so yes, it would require mods.

as for the sprinter box, depends how much power your pushing and how you drive.

200 hp+ at the wheels is asking for trouble, even more trouble if you drive with a "Dump this bitch" clutch attitude, like me Very Happy

Eldar.O.
kontos
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 4agze transplant Sat, 27 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just turbo so its a 4agte, would i be able to use the same k frame from the 83 ke into the 75 ke? the guy i bought it off said that he used the original k frame that the car had from the 4k-c, maybe he was talking shit. Its pushing around the 180 kw at the wheels i don't know what that is in rwh. if any could shed a little light on the matter it would be much appreciated>

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4agze transplant Sat, 27 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will want engine and gearbox crossmembers from a 4a powered rwd, ke70? ae71 - i think they will go straight in, and will bolt up to the 4agze in rwd setup, as for 180kw, thats over 200rwhp, so ull want to consider a gearbox upgrade, unfortunatly theres no easy solution to upgrading a t50, most ppl use a W series box with a custom bellhousing and tailshaft.
Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this post as i dont know much, your best bet would be to search, im sure its been done b4.

Chris
kontos
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 4agze transplant Sat, 27 August 2005 01:46 Go to previous message
the motor is in a ke 70 already, so all i'll have to do is use the k frame and gearbox mounts from that and it will bolt straight up?
all comments are appreciated and i thank yous in advanced
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7M-GTE MA61 wet weather surging
Next Topic:Where to buy a JDM RWD 4AGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:12:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038728713989258 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.