Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Go the drift chicks!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Indi
Regular

December 2004
icon10.gif  Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 14 March 2005 11:39 Go to next message
Its official I can now lay claim to the title "Drift chick" Cool

After my first foray out onto the track in my completely stock, single spinner, Sprinter resulted in much driving around but not much actual drifting to say that I was really looking forward to setting up my car and participating in Fatz Skid Pan Day would be a severe understatement!

So I was understandably dismayed (read extremely P*ssed Off) when my plans for my car were halted by some unplanned body realignment and an insurance company that took two months to process the resulting claim Crying or Very Sad

BUT along came my knight in shining armour to the rescue! John lent me his "4ac powered" Sprinter for the day to aid in the noble cause of getting more chicks onto the track!

So armed with this veritable weapon of 4AC powah I went off to Oran Park for much skid pan sliding fun! It was such an awesome day, I learnt sooooooo much and best of all there were not one, but two other chicks there learning how to drift! Watch out guys us girls are gonna give you a run for your money Very Happy

Anyways some pics of me sliding are below, my camera is extremely crappy (I bought it because it was actually cheaper than a disposable one) so the shots aren't very good but Scott, the world's favourite drift photographer was there and hopefully he has much better pics and someone will post his pics up somewhere I can copy them from Cool

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic59.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic60.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic61.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic62.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic58.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 14 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kool, good work !

cant wat 2 see an all girl drift team !
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 15 March 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon more girls should get into drifting!

BRING ON THE DRIFT CHICKS! lol
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 15 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that a pink hat or helmet?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 15 March 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a hat.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 15 March 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes thats my pink hat. It was a very ummm relaxed day.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what was the course/event and how much did it cost?

and any more info u can chuck in

ta.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was Fatz skid pan day at Oran Park, being on the skid pan the course was where ever they set up the witches hats although by the end of the day so many of them were destroyed that the course was kinda where ever your imagination took you Laughing it was $100 for IDA members but $110 for everyone else for a full day 9am - 4:30pm, plus $4 for a sausage sandwich and can of drink for lunch. There was a limit of 20 cars and I think pretty much all the spots were filled. I dont know if anymore skid pan days are being held but he is organising a drift day on Oran Park north circuit (driftland). Details are here..

http://www.cs-technologies.com.au/kero/drift.html

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 03:06]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Fri, 18 March 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 09:47

Yes thats my pink hat. It was a very ummm relaxed day.

u wouldnt think ud need a helmet in a skidpan
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Fri, 18 March 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No helmets, no scrutineering, passengers were allowed and I was wearing a singlet top all day... yeah helmets were recommended but not compulsory.
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 20 March 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marry me
hahaha

always want to go out with a rev head chick Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 20 March 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EGG80X wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 11:34

marry me
hahaha

always want to go out with a rev head chick Laughing

I can see why. Razz She was in a singlet top all day with a pink hat. On a skidpan.

Close your eyes and have a think. Isn't that just a perfect picture?
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 20 March 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A perfect girlfriend indeed..
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 20 March 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you fkn e-pimps!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 20 March 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no helmet! oh well good luck with that whole hat thing Rolling Eyes
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 20 March 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the big deal? you dont get much speed up on a skid pan and your the only one out there with nothing to hit.

no need for helmet`
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 21 March 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 22:25

ummm so u wear a helmet driving on the road do u? driving on the road is far more dangerous than skid pan...
Just Half Steppin
Regular

Banned Again

March 2005
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 21 March 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm fronting is fun....

helmet not needed...
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 21 March 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have a helmet and have worn it any time I've been on the track or on the skid circuit at Eastern Creek either as a driver or passenger but the risk was fairly minimal on the Oran Park skid pan on that day so I decided not to bother.

Then again that 4ac is pretty powerful with a whooping 46rwkw the downforce at those high speeds of up to 60kms could have flipped the car right over Laughing

But seriously I agree that it probably would have been smarter to wear the helmet (and a long sleeved shirt) just because its better to be safe than sorry and at any other event I definately wouldn't go out without one.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 21 March 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 13:23

ummm so u wear a helmet driving on the road do u? driving on the road is far more dangerous than skid pan...

yea but ur sideways on the skid pan...

but i will admit i have never taken my sprinter sideways Confused (ever)

its all fun until someone gets hurt... the 4ac has lots of power... well i think so anyways Rolling Eyes
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 22 March 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ economy is the word
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 22 March 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 18:00

truenosedan wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 13:23

yea but ur sideways on the skid pan...

and your not on the street? lol
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Tue, 22 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 4ac is a killing machine Razz
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 30 March 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A much better pic from the skid pan day....

http://www.pixpond.com/pix2/IMGP6228.JPG
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 30 March 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the same mags, where did they come from?
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sat, 02 April 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a girl sideways in an 86.

is there any better thing? Laughing

i doubt it.

i'd love to get out to one of those type of skid pan days.
i wish casual day like that were organised in SA more often (if at all Laughing)

i'd love to rock up, cut loose and go home without worrying about scruitineering and stuff.

looks like your havin a ball out there too!!
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sat, 02 April 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 18:02

i have the same mags, where did they come from?

That's John's car, they're his drift rims, not sure where he got them from.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sat, 02 April 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(SORRY: OFF TOPIC) i got mine at the wreckers, and takai (on the forums) asked if they where nissan mags, then i saw a skyline hatchback (?) with similar Confused
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sat, 02 April 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John said that he got them from a friend who bought them from pick and payless, apparently they came off a TA22 or something like that.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 06 April 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a good environment to go out and learn about your car and have some fun.

Would like to try that sometime!

I still would be reluctant in case I screwed up and everyone was laughin' at me... Embarassed

But then again, you'd probably only get ridiculed if you bignoted yourself then did stupid shit.

ahhhh some day... somehow i think my auto soarer wouldnt be up for the challenge anyway Laughing
DFECTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Fri, 08 April 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86LIFE wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 18:14

a girl sideways in an 86.

is there any better thing? Laughing
=

LOL well ive done a girl sideways in a ae82?

thats better.
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PMSL good call.

id like to see more gals getting out driving hard in their cool jap cars. it is good to see them going hard because its means they are not scared of the car.

i cant stand girls that are scared of driving its annoying because driving is really fun.

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 20 April 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give a dollar to any girl that wants to go sideways in my car Smile

good to see some dorifto action!

Eldar.O.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 20 April 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd manwhore bitchslap any girl who went sideways in my car ('cause I'd be unconscious in the gutter and bleeding profusely in order to have my keys stolen for her to even be driving)
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Thu, 21 April 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 00:55

I'd manwhore bitchslap any girl who went sideways in my car ('cause I'd be unconscious in the gutter and bleeding profusely in order to have my keys stolen for her to even be driving)

Are you single? Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Thu, 21 April 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, it's not a gender-biased thing. the same could be said if almost any guy was found driving my car sideways Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Thu, 21 April 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, I lie. My mum drove my car. there's nothing funnier than watching the facial expressions as your car screeches around the quiet backstreets, engine taken all the way to 7000rpm, and then the people realise it's a 50yo woman driving, with the expected idiot young male in the passenger seat Very Happy
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 25 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Indi. My gf and I are going to building a hachi for her to drift. She too loves sliding!

She has a KE70 rolla atm with a cut springs and a locker and we go out sliding dirt roads in the hills. Hopefully the car will be done a few months and we may drive it interstate to enter an event.
F|sh
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 27 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some of the comments here shock me. you can roll your car at any speed.......

Indi looks like fun pity i cant drift i have tried done it successfully once. 3rd gear up hill on camber corner 60rwhp couldnt do it with the other motor though 3rd gear gear up hill snakey's 130rwhp...

Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 27 April 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ageeza wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 22:11

Hey Indi. My gf and I are going to building a hachi for her to drift. She too loves sliding!

Send me a pm with her email addy I'm trying to get in touch with with any other drift chicks.

F|sh wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 18:16

Indi looks like fun pity i cant drift i have tried done it successfully once. 3rd gear up hill on camber corner 60rwhp couldnt do it with the other motor though 3rd gear gear up hill snakey's 130rwhp...

John's car only has 46rwkw and he came 27th out of 51 competitors at the Melbourne Drift Nats. You don't need a whole lot of power to drift.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 27 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 19:16

John's car only has 46rwkw and he came 27th out of 51 competitors at the Melbourne Drift Nats. You don't need a whole lot of power to drift.

Werd. You dont need much power to slide...you mainly need skill. I must agree that at drift is at least 70% driver skill...the car the other 30%.

PM sent Indi.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sun, 01 May 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 14:00

It was Fatz skid pan day at Oran Park, being on the skid pan the course was where ever they set up the witches hats although by the end of the day so many of them were destroyed that the course was kinda where ever your imagination took you Laughing it was $100 for IDA members but $110 for everyone else for a full day 9am - 4:30pm, plus $4 for a sausage sandwich and can of drink for lunch. There was a limit of 20 cars and I think pretty much all the spots were filled. I dont know if anymore skid pan days are being held but he is organising a drift day on Oran Park north circuit (driftland). Details are here..

http://www.cs-technologies.com.au/kero/drift.html

i am so in for 1 of these days!!

just as soon as my car is going again Laughing
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 15 June 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm at it again, this time in MY CAR! Yay!

Now that I finally have my LSD in my Sprinter I'll be getting out on the skid circuit again at Eastern Creek this Saturday. I'm booked in for Fatz Drift Day at Oran Park Driftland for the following Saturday too! Cool So hopefully there will be lots of photos for me to post up Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 22 June 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last Saturday was lots of fun. Although with stock suspension my boat was making me a bit sea-sick Razz Hopefully this will all be fixed before this Saturday because I'll be out at Oran Park for Fatz Drift Day. Here's some pics from the day as well as some pics from when I borrowed my boyfriend's car for the previous Eastern Creek day.

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050618/IMG_4107%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050618/IMG_4304%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050618/IMG_4364%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050618/IMG_4426%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050405/IMGP7597.JPG

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050405/IMGP7697.JPG

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/gallery/albums/upload/events_20050405/IMGP7698.JPG
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 22 June 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe go the dori boat, i will be taking pics on saturday again, been a while since my last photography session last FDD in may to be exact. Anyways have some promising news in terms of better camera, my bro is looking at getting a digital SLR canon and will borrow my lenses and in return i will be able to borrow the camera for future drift days if he buys it woot.
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Mon, 22 August 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F|sh wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 18:16

some of the comments here shock me. you can roll your car at any speed.......

HAHAHA sure you can, hell if you get really keen you can roll it while it is parked, just get a fork-lift and lift one side up and over.

it's actually a lot more difficult to roll a car than most people think, especially if you've got lowered/stiffened suspension.

As for helmets, well it doesn't look like there was a hell of a lot to hit on the skid pan, no pot-holes or gutters to "trip" your car mid slide and start a flip, but I guess it comes down to comfort, if you'd feel more comfortable wearing a helmet do so.

cheers all happy drifting

BD
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 24 August 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your Front bar looks cute... Got a boyfriend? Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Wed, 24 August 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
refer to her my boyfriend bought me a gze thread
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Go the drift chicks!!! Sat, 27 August 2005 00:24 Go to previous message
<insert pwned picture here>
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:oops
Next Topic:MR2 does first slide!
Goto Forum: