Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 18 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 00:13

i smell a bitch slappin a comin... Laughing Laughing

bring it on biatch...
  Send a private message to this user    
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few snaps of the mock up and positioning of the parts....

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1567/picture0433je.jpg

and another angle...

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5523/picture0393qz.jpg

forgive the messy appearance, these are mock up parts only, aside from the turbo and cooler, but the head/inlet/rocker covers ect are dummys only...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old school campber adjusters! Shocked

but the rest is hot

excessive intercooler pipe length not found! Shocked
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and another.....

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6585/picture0419rj.jpg
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey! Are those my cam covers??? Laughing Sure that snails not gonna melt your crankanglestributor?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 23:10

Hey! Are those my cam covers??? Laughing Sure that snails not gonna melt your crankanglestributor?

yes your dodgy spares, and i'll put a metal cover on it and a shield as well, plus at only 8-10 psi should not get TOO hot Rolling Eyes

PLus its not quite as close as it looks in the pic, and the whole cover is 15mm bigger than it needs to be anyway. plenty of room to move there....

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 13:45]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for someone who looks like such a nerd you really do suck at resizing pictures Razz

and paint your strut brace you bellend, it looks disgusting...almost as bad as your wheels Laughing
timottaway
Regular

September 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Thu, 25 August 2005 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joshy boy ure gonna f***in dominate with this!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Fri, 26 August 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno, but it sure as hell will be a bit faster, and dont think i will have to work as hard to make it keep up, oh and maybe it will make smoke, cause we all know smoke wins comps.... Crying or Very Sad
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Fri, 26 August 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh just a quick question.

What do you think of the new suspension you have installed compared to your old cusco set-up.
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sik sprinter, do ya drift it?

*cough* only powersliders need turbo's *cough*
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so, leg...got me a turbo to fit to your car yet? Laughing Laughing Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAB-86 wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 12:30

*cough* only powersliders need turbo's *cough*

now thats a quote worth using in a signature! Very Happy
Raceflow
Regular

August 2005
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suggest you start practising your welding Steve, cause Crabs manifold has to look better than Josh's and as good as mine, and guess what...............you da man thats making it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jon
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik Rolling Eyes
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gee thanks jon, i'll keep your comments in mind when i build my second ever turbo manifold. my whole car has been built from scratch by myself, with no training or guidance, and everything is built for a purpose, just because it dosent look shiny and purchased, it will still do its job perfectly. nothing like criticizing someone who is in a position of needing to do everything at low cost to make someone like yourself feel better about your car....
Raceflow
Regular

August 2005
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Josh, that was not meant to be a critisisim of your work in any way whatsoever, it was purely meant as an insentive to Steve to practise his welding, it is a very relavent topic ATM, so please dont take it negatively, and I am more than happy to help you out with a manifold if we can.

Peace
Jon
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sat, 27 August 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no harm done, just a bit sad to a budget drifter..
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Tue, 30 August 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raceflow wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 12:54

I suggest you start practising your welding Steve, cause Crabs manifold has to look better than Josh's and as good as mine, and guess what...............you da man thats making it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jon

i suggest if you do a manifold for josh, you group the primarys correctly, unlike the headers on simons car Smile Smile
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Tue, 30 August 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slydar wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 15:03

i suggest if you do a manifold for josh, you group the primarys correctly, unlike the headers on simons car Smile Smile

so, anthony, what would you call correct? pray..tell.. Wink

considering we're talking turbo manifolds here Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2005 08:50]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Tue, 30 August 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol how did my manifold come into this?

i have no idea if it is scientifically "correct" or not. but it sure works and my STOCK silvertop makes 90rwkw's with no internal mods whatsoever.

either way. this is joshes thread. lets all oooh ahhh over his setup and not mine ok Wink
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Wed, 31 August 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh my thread ppl. LOL care factor. mines made already done... cars at workshop having fitout done as we speak 1 week to go......
KE20 BLACKTOP
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Wed, 31 August 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car and color Razz
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Fri, 02 September 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is the start of the piping and rad support has been modded (again) to suit new aplication. piping is nice and short as you can see. minimal lag for sure....

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/209/image3147xm.jpg
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re:Josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a,hello smoke Sat, 03 September 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got the 'w' box in today, am using a w58, as i think those ratios will suit my 4.6 diff gears better. am using a differant setup to most, in that i have an adaptor made to fit between the t bell housing and the w box, advantages is that an off the shelf exedy clutch plate has the w series spline but fits inside standard pressure plate and flywheel, and also the shifter comes through dead center of the original hole.... Laughing Laughing also, a small unrealised bonus was that the front half of the w tailshaft lines up perfectly to the mounts on the sprinter floor, so a rear sprinter half can be used and there is no need to pay for a custom shaft... BONUS!!!! Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2005 01:19]

andylaurel
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: mr2drift's 86 drift toy Sun, 04 September 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raceflow wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 13:39

it will only bring you grief in the long term, and in the worst case scenario, will push me to ask for your entry to future drift meetings to be reviewed

Careful josh,
you better not offend Jon because he may be forced to review your entry into future race meetings...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
as for your the pink car, well it goes without saying, it will just dominate.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v-mount is teh sex0r Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked yeh, i'll remember to be carefull of unwanted criticism for sure....... yeh matt wait till you see it in the flesh, its pretty crazy for sure....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u coming to sydney on october 1?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the plan, if all goes to schedule i'll be there with bells on....
andylaurel
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you drifting garth or do you have to work... again.
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow thats one awesome setup you got going,if only someone gave your car a proper photo shoot Razz
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its had quite a few real shoots in its life, these were just as the build is done phone shots, real pics will come when it returns and is prepped and finall assembly takes place, as you can see, the whole front radiator support will need respraying, so as it all goes togeather we will get some better assembly shots of it....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 04 September 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andylaurel wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 13:41

you drifting garth or do you have to work... again.

haha drifting @ a drift aust comp? as if im good enough... nah ill just be spectating this time! Very Happy
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THATS WHY THERE IS fORMULA DRIFT AS WELL GARTH, SPOT FOR EVERYONE...
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have to say after an hour of pawing through this thread..

fantastic work.

with a community such as the 86 community is, thats filled with so many posers (bubbles) and wannabe takumi's (bubbles).. its really a credit to a great car when as much work and love thats been put into this one shines out brightly.

seriously cars like yours josh and garth are works of art that people drool over and admire, not just for the 'oh yeh that rides fooly sik bro' poser comment.. but for the pure aesthetic value of someone who knows that the value of a car isn't just the pricetag attached to it.. its the painstaking hours and fortune invested in it to make that car the top of its class.

much as i dislike 86's now.. (due to that subsequently bad movie spin off..), i must say that i have fondly enjoyed reading through this thread, and its really a credit to a great car when it restored in this much glory..

keep up the sensational work on it!

Chris

Wink

[NB: Pinks not exactly my colour either, but it looks Horn on the 86! Teh Colours Starting to Grow on Me.. ]

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 08:53]

mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the comment, makes the work worth while when others appreciate it for what it is as well. yes its pretty and clean, yes its a bright pink car, but also yes, it regularly gets thrashed to within an inch of its life as well. cant say enough about it, considering it stated as a fill in car while my turbo sw20 was being repaired, needless to say the mr2 is long gone and this is now my car of choice.....

many thanks to all,

P.S. more pics of turbo install tomorrow nite....
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn u. I was hoping for the first V-Mount.
looking good mate
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 18:03

THATS WHY THERE IS fORMULA DRIFT AS WELL GARTH, SPOT FOR EVERYONE...

rofl

sif im good enuff... i can wait for more practise
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL oh well, feel good in knowing that in the next 2-3 months there will be 3 that i know of that have v-mounts going in....., but i think mine will be finished first, should be home with all fab work done by the end of the week.. Laughing

garth its the perfect chance to practice......
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 hachis???
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 05 September 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yip...3 Wink
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 06 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring on the bright coloured v mount brigade..... LOL spewen hey garth....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 06 September 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha
sif

ill stick to my NA love. Smile

i can appreciate the hot tarbo sound but ts NA for me. Smile im a purist!
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 06 September 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phagz0r Laughing
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 06 September 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so garth, how pray tell will you ever get good enuff to compete if you dont even go to practice days????? hrrmmmm?
JNR 13B
Regular

June 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 07 September 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what pratice day are you talking about?
and is it in Sydney?

oh yeah josh I really like the NA set up you had.

too bad NA cars can't make as much smoke as a turbo set up.

I would Love too see your car in the flesh.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 11:33]

.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 08 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good josh, how much power do you think it will be making
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 08 September 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok a few teasers of the front end setup, what you can expect of things to come.....

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9754/shroud0018br.jpg

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9900/shroud0024fj.jpg

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5219/shrouddrivers0013zv.jpg

Laughing Laughing ENJOY

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2005 07:55]

.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 08 September 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yer, looks kool
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 08 September 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats neato Josh. It makes it look like a mirror, or is it Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 08 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucking sweet dude

now you got me thinking evil thoughts for the soarer Laughing

*looks at grinder*
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO IT NOW matt.... LOL its absoloutley amazing in real life..... was gonna do the whole lot in stealth matt black, but its too goddamn good, am gonna leave it all shiny....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok fuck it, when the engine comes out to have the head redone and the new turbo fitted its V mount time Cool
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't find any way to make those pics work for me. They don't show up in the thread, so I tried clicking the link, copying link to url bar and right clicking and sving. Also got some others to try the links, none of them worked.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont be soft matt, DO IT NOW!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm they were working this morning???? weird
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re-host them!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics fixed i hope
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
very sexy!

paint it all black! haa sif
Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Draven's JZA61 [some pics]
Next Topic:Craig's AE86 completed project: 56K or die slowly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:43:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010262966156006 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.