Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kontos
Occasional Poster

August 2005
4agte into ke 30 Sat, 27 August 2005 12:46 Go to next message
i had a ke 70 with a 4agte in it, ive taken it out and want to fit it in my ke 30 ive heard the k frame from the ke 70 will bolt into the ke 30 and the gearbox mount will to. if anyone knows what else is need please tell me and if these bits will fit.
thanking you in advanced.
HELP

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 13:50]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sat, 27 August 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kontos wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 22:46

i had a ke 70 with a 4agte in it, ive taken it out and want to fit it in my ke 30 ive heard the k frame from the ke 70 will bolt into the ke 30 and the gearbox mount will to. if anyone knows what else is need please tell me and if these bits will fit.
thanking you in advanced.
HELP

no it won:t, the mounting points are different (30 and 31" part compared to 28.5" apart)

you may be able to use the engine mounts IF you can use normal ke70 mounts in KE30's
ke20umm13b
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sun, 28 August 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was thinking of doing the same thin into a ke20 is there much of a diff between a 30 and 20 and u would not know about if u can rego a ke20 with a 13bt... Smile
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sun, 28 August 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE20, KE30 and KE70 all have different crossmembers of different dimentions. But its not that hard to make or modify engine mounts. A 4A-G will fit in either.
ke20umm13b
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sun, 28 August 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but would i be able to get it regoed in qld... Confused
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sun, 28 August 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will have to check yourself in your state. Try the department of Transport of whatever its called, they may have a website with the info.

But generaly speaking, in most states, you can put any Toyota 4cyl motor in a KE30, up to the size of 1.6 liters. This only requires a change of engine number and some small things like upgraded front brakes. There is a short list of things needed, but the front brake size listed is only about the same as KE70 brakes or something like that. So that covers 2T and 4A-GE engines if you get a new roadworthy cirtificate or something.

If you go bigger than 1.6, or turbo, or rotary you need a engineer to approve, but even then there are limits.

My secret tip is, if you use a 2T-G, you can say its a 1.6L but bore and stroke it to 2L and no one would know. I have done this, but mine is only 1.8L, but then again police have never questioned me because I'm in Tas and could get away with anything.
kontos
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sun, 28 August 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what will be need to modify the crossmember in my ke 30 to fit the 4agte in it. Im on a time limit of about two weeks to get it in and driving.
cheers
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte into ke 30 Sun, 28 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous message
1. First you will need to take the 3K motor out.
2. Then lower the 4A-G motor in.
3. Support the motor with bricks and stuff to your desired position.
4. Use your high school metalwork skills to fashion bits of scrap metal to suport the new motor. You may need a hacksaw, grinder, welder and tools like that.
5. You are now finnished.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TIMING ISSUES: PLZ HELP!
Next Topic:oil pump ofr 4AGE small port
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:28:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006558895111084 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.