Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Now Pics!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Now Pics!! Wed, 16 February 2005 09:02 Go to next message
i bought the ma61 about mid december last year. it had a few mods done to it but nothing drastic: exhaust, cd, tint, alarm, clutch, big tyres. thought id put up a thread on it.

Spence

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 07:59]

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My MA61 Wed, 16 February 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to host the pics somewhere.

Welcome Cool
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61 Wed, 16 February 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i've hosted the pics now here are the links:
www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/suprabackqtr.jpg
www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/suprafrontqtr2.jpg
www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/supralowfrqtr.jpg
www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/supraside.jpg
hope these work
Spence
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My MA61 Wed, 16 February 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very tidy.

Let me guess, auto with blue interior?
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61 Wed, 16 February 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha nah 5 speed of course but yeah with blue interior. photos turned out ok they were taken by my phone
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: My MA61 Wed, 16 February 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh 5 speed, but you miss the cruise control.

Couple of tips, borrow a digicam.
And when hosting with geocities, rename them to *.txt
Then you can link them.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My MA61 Wed, 16 February 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice nicee... How did you make the car 'wink' like that? I.e. like one headlight up and one down?

And how do you find the 245's on standard rims? They fit fine?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My MA61 Thu, 17 February 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 20:05

Nice nicee... How did you make the car 'wink' like that? I.e. like one headlight up and one down?

You wind the motors up/down manually.

As for the tyres, 245's are pushing it but fine, I've seen multiple cars with 265's on the rears! Shocked
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My MA61 Thu, 17 February 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good... looks the same as my car!

i was going to go 245s on the rear but heard/read some interesting stuff about sidewall flexing and decided to keep the 225s... Very Happy
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61 Thu, 17 February 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah what justcallmefrank said there are manual winders for the headlights. as soon as i found that out i was playing with them for a while. if you open the bonnet they are just to the inside of the headlights.

the car came witht the 245s but i've found that they do flex a lot especially when trying to make the back end slide. dunno if i'll get 245s again on the back but well see
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My MA61 Thu, 17 February 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 23:05

can't you not just "catch" them on the way down by turning the switch from "parkers" to "service"? (up but not on)

nice clean 61 man looks hot!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My MA61 Thu, 17 February 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 13:31

As for the tyres, 245's are pushing it but fine, I've seen multiple cars with 265's on the rears! Shocked

265's on standard rims? Damnnn... I've got 235's and I was thinking of going slightly bigger just to see how much difference it would make...
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My MA61 Thu, 24 February 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence - nice ride man, excellent condition!
Fellow Mk2 owners are always welcome around here! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61 Thu, 24 February 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers guys its clean except for the boot lid which has a bit of rust. i sanded and sprayed with rust proof the other day and did a half assed job with selleys no more gaps. looks bit funny i'll post some pics up. hope water doesn't still get through. this will have to do me til i get another boot.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: My MA61 Fri, 25 February 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 22:51

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 13:31

265's on standard rims? Damnnn... I've got 235's and I was thinking of going slightly bigger just to see how much difference it would make...

I have(and always have had in the 2 years i've owned it) 245's on the front and 265's on the rear. They are JUST legal Wink But i think i'll go back to 225's or 235's for the next set due to budget constraints(crashed the bike and that sucked up alot of funds Sad )
I'll see if i can find any tyre pics on the net of my car Wink
Spence
Regular

January 2005
My MA61 and MA70 Sun, 03 April 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
haven't updated this in a while been working lots. a few things have happened since i last posted:
the boot is still leaking water so a new one will need to come sooner rather than later.
i put in an alpine cd/md player double din head unit. cost a pretty penny but is so good and a snug fit. i'll get pics up on that.
went to a dyno day with clubpsi yesterday. only ran 76rwkw but the guy at tillbrooks told me that was because my fuel pump was stuffed and it was very out of tune.
the biggest news however is that i bought a ma70 from japan. its the one that importbitz put up last week. it only has about 476ps @ 1.3bar and only a few mods hehe. haven't decided yet whether thats going to be my donar car for the ma61 or sell the ma61. are there many ppl who want ma70 parts?
Spence
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: My MA61 and MA70 Sun, 03 April 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, don't use it as a donor dude. As much as I love the '61, the MA70 is a better car. And with that much power, it'll be stupid in the MA61 anyways. Traction will be non-existant and who knows how long your gearbox and diff will last eh?

Plus, the MA70 doesn't have a leaky boot. Ultimately its your choice, but I reckon keep the MA70, get rid of the '61.

Yian
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My MA61 and MA70 Sun, 03 April 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the 61..... but dont do the swap.

Keep the 70 or sell it if it is no good.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Thu, 07 April 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last sat i bidded on the ma70 and was the highest. made the down payment yesterday and so its in transit. just need to get the legal stuff out of the way. its very highly modded Cool .

uploaded the website today. hope its user friendly and if theres any comments you can pm or post or email or whatever.

www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/home.htm

Spence
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Fri, 08 April 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Spence,

Saw that MA70 you got on one of the well known importer websites. Very nice indeed.

One question though, how do you plan on getting it past regency? ... all imports have to be unmodified now days.(except minor things)
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Sat, 09 April 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only has to be unmodified if it's newer than 15 yrs
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Sat, 09 April 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftspec: which website was that on keen to have a look. just hoping its not too modified that i won't be able to get it though regency. Confused
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Sat, 09 April 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 10:45

Only has to be unmodified if it's newer than 15 yrs

Are you from SA?

no disrespect but you must not have had to deal with regency before Smile

SA has the toughest rules in the country, and regency is a nightmare on good days to deal with.

Spence

Car was on J-Spec last week... also was on this forum actually Smile

Here is the link...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=63862&start=0&rid=4067&S=131064afcad bef2461b2dc0e49348af5

In regards to dealing with regency , take the car back to stock as much as you can.

Thins like:

- Remove all gauges
- Remove Boost controller & turbo timer (remove ALL vacum lines for the boost controller as regency DO trace them back)
- Aftermarket Turbo will have to come off , stock one will need to go back on
- Extra injectors a no no , will have to come off.
- ECU must also be stock
- No aftermarket steering wheel
- Intercooler IS ok.
- Exhaust ok if not to loud
... etc Sad

There are companies out there that can assist you with compliance here in SA also.

Have a chat to Brian at Turbo-A.net , he has a Turbo-A that is highly modified .. he is basically buying a second hand stock 7M-GTE and using that engine for compliance... may be an option also...
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: My MA61 and MA70 Sun, 10 April 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[ are there many ppl who want ma70 parts?
Spence[/quote]

Hi there, I'm always on the lookout for MA-70 parts. Took a look at the link that looks like one nice Supra!

Dan
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Sun, 10 April 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftspec: if its too much hassle to get complied then i will just use it as a track car for the mean time. i was just planning on taking it to regency or an engineer as is and seeing what they have to say anyway.

hks_trd: depending on what happens with this supra there might be a lot of aftermarket parts for sale.
Spence
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: My MA61, 476ps MA70 and now website Sun, 10 April 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 20:19

driftspec: if its too much hassle to get complied then i will just use it as a track car for the mean time. i was just planning on taking it to regency or an engineer as is and seeing what they have to say anyway.

hks_trd: depending on what happens with this supra there might be a lot of aftermarket parts for sale.
Spence

Yep that is prob a good plan, that way you will have an accurate list on what u need to do etc.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Sun, 31 July 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time for a bit of an update, everybody else is doing stuff with their supra so i'll let you know a few things i've done.

first of all i knocked out the dent in my quarter panel which was a bastard to get off. heres a pic of it now.

http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/quarterpanel.jpg

i also got a heat gun onto all the stickers and pin stripes on the sides. car looks heaps better now.

http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/lhside.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/rhside.jpg

moved the number plate from the centre to the right hand side. car stays much cooler now. number plate holder was custom built by me using the original metal strip and a hack saw. Smile

http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/front.jpg

i've also put in a new head unit and a 10" sub in the boot, but most importantly i've had the rust cut out of the tailgate and had the glass properly put in with some silica stuff so it wont rust again. had everything from the tailgate removed so it looks schmick.

http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/lhboot.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/rhboot.jpg

all this stuff will be up on my website plus a few more pics later today.

Spence
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Sun, 31 July 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude. It's looking GREAT. It's a complete twin of my car Laughing We have hatch's with no wing, and number plate on the same side even LOL

I love it
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Mon, 01 August 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, another stunt double for my car too!

looks good
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Mon, 01 August 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'll definately be a stunt double once i put the 7m in.
my to do list is:
chop the rear springs
dampener adjustable front shockers with ra60 struts cause my fronts just keep bouncing after hitting a bump.
finish off the stereo
thats about it besides putting the 7m in Evil or Very Mad
Spence
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Mon, 01 August 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do the rears right, esp with the uber engine your putting in it.
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Mon, 01 August 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence,
have you got the MA-70 yet? You are going to be installing the motor from this into your MA-61? or are you going to the the MA70 resitered?
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Mon, 01 August 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra: i've spoken to a few people and they've said that cause its been raised at the back i may be able to chop and still have enough spring for it not to come loose. it would only be temporary of course. i read somewhere that norbie was looking into coilovers for the rear, is this true? i've heard its not possible.

HKS_TRD: haven't got the ma70 yet Sad but i am taking the motor out and putting it into the ma61 Smile its in bris at the moment and they're having problems starting it so hopefully that'll be up and running shortly.

Spence
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Mon, 01 August 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably only needs a battery.

The rear springs on an MA61 look like they want to become unseated very easily.

Just buy a set of new springs. King spring standard height will drop the rear about an inch over standard.

Lows are silly.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Spence MA61 - update! Sat, 27 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally got my car Smile it looks so good and has made me change over to the dark side. i'm going to sell my white one and keep the black one. haven't taken any pics yet but i will soon.

i spent a few hours on the car to try and get it running. thanks to john from importbitz who found the problem in bris. i did what he said and put a new afm on it and connected the stock ecu back up and it started. it does need a new battery thanks blacksupra Razz .

all i have to do now is sell the white one and get the black one complied so if anyones interested then please let me know. theres a thread in the for sale section.

there are a few extra features on the ma70; targa top, leather interior, TEMS and a couple of extra stuff i didn't know it had like a gear knob and cd changer

Spence
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Sat, 27 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats Spence glad to see you have the car, and welcome to the dark side Razz

Can't wait to see pics of it too.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Sat, 27 August 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put everything from the MA70 in the 61? =D
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Sat, 27 August 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence, you have suffered the same fate as me. I had an MA61 and was planning on doing the 7M-GTE swap but woke up one morning and decided to buy a JDM MA-70 instead. Maybe see you at the cruise tomorrow. Look forward to seeing your new beast

Dan
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Now Pics!! Thu, 01 September 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are some pics. i'll post more up on my website soon.
http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/DSC03069.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/DSC03072.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/spence_ma61/DSC03073.JPG
Spence
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Now Pics!! Thu, 01 September 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
website is up with more pics check out my webpage in my signature.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Spence MA61 - Finally got my MA70! Now Pics!! Tue, 15 November 2005 02:47 Go to previous message
I love the MA70!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bevos suzuki 2tgeu
Next Topic:Petes RA-23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:03:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088958740234375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.