Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Wed, 03 August 2005 06:24 Go to next message
All toyota materials seems to specify that it's 8.5L/100km, but from my experience of 3500km++, It seems I can't do better than 10L/100km, no matter if I'm changing gears at 3000rpm, 3500rpm or 4000rpm, accelerating slowly or medium pace

And I usually travel 50% city / 50% highway... sometimes more highway than city...

Anyone have any experience/ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Wed, 03 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the small driving that we have done in the auto ZZT231, we usually get around 9 to 10 litres around town and 7 to 8 roughly on the open road.

We get 600 to a full tank of a 55 litre tank. But don't quote me on that...
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Wed, 03 August 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any body else have any experience? And what does it mean when they mention "combined 8.5L/100km"?? Does it mean 40% city and 60% highway? Certainly I can't get below 9.5L/100km... Very Happy
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The figures quoted by the manuacturer are rarely achievable.

They use a standardised test (the details of which escape me, I think 60km/h for highway driving etc...) but essentially, it's usually a fair bit lower than real world.

Examples are everywhere, but in my case, my Ford had a sticker quoting 12.5 l/100km combined and I averaged over 14l/100km...same with another new car...dealer advised it's normal.

M
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah fuel consumption as with acceleration times from the factory are quotes from an ideal world, where you don't accelerate at any rate and sit in the highest gera possible in any given situation.
The only car i know that meets the claims is my brothers echo. and of friends who have a gen 3 powered ss they meet the freeway claims.
TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, the echo is good Smile
dont know what they claim standard...but when my car was stock i could only get 450kms to the tank...(abt 38L of fuel - 45L tank)
now...i push the limits of 550kms/38L
2 things i found make a remarkable difference are:

- the airbox intake snorkel. Be Gone With It!
and replace it with something of greater diameter if ur worried abt too much hot air getting in there...

- make up a Ground Wire kit. that connects points on the engine and chassis back to the neg (-) terminal on the battery.

each of these will (should) net you an extra 50kms per tank.
esp the intake. massive throttle body, yet the filter and snorkel are no bigger than what my echo has stock!!

and then if u feel like it, get a lower restriction air filter (K&N, Tom's) should also get at least another 30kms per tank.

and the best bit is, all the above mods will get u more power as well Cool

more power + better economy = happy driver Very Happy

**edit** this comes from 104,000kms of driving experience Shocked Embarassed
and i got a damn heavy foot. apparently the echo gets up to 650-700kms if driven like a grandma Confused

Nic

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 03:21]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TougeVitz wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:14

- make up a Ground Wire kit. that connects points on the engine and chassis back to the neg (-) terminal on the battery.

Rolling Eyes x eleventy billion

actually as i read it again Rolling Eyes x eleventy billion should be directed at the entire post

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 03:21]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brother has gotten over 800km from a tank still not empty, one of my uncles mates drove down to Melbourne from Sydney on a single tank and still had a little left.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TougeVitz wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 12:44

and the best bit is, all the above mods will get u more power as well Cool

more power + better economy = happy driver Very Happy

**edit** this comes from 104,000kms of driving experience Shocked Embarassed

Nic

More economy ??? Um yup (can't comment on the snorkel effect and filetr, but Ground wire helping economy and power - Pffft !!!
TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they helped me...
dunno about power figures...but certainly got +50kms per tank with it...
my engine is just a shrunk 1.8L
similar computer controls etc...
TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps i could get a foto sometime of the ammeter readings of the power running thru the ground wires? theres a fair amount of power that cant get transmitted thru the body of the car...the gnd wires help it heaps!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

- the airbox intake snorkel. Be Gone With It!
and replace it with something of greater diameter if ur worried abt too much hot air getting in there...

each of these will (should) net you an extra 50kms per tank.
esp the intake. massive throttle body, yet the filter and snorkel are no bigger than what my echo has stock!!

Best economy I ever had was when I had a moth stuck to the windscreen wiper on a drive from Canberra to Newcastle, incidentally the moth is for sale, it (should) get up to an extra 100km per tank.

I also have a set of shark repellent underpants, I have never been attacked by a shark whilst wearing them Rolling Eyes

On topic: this might be a good place to ask your question re 2ZZGE fuel consumption

[url=http://newcelica.org/forums/[/url]

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 06:22]

TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha...
fkn haters... Crying or Very Sad Rolling Eyes
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:21

my brother has gotten over 800km from a tank still not empty, one of my uncles mates drove down to Melbourne from Sydney on a single tank and still had a little left.

which car r u refering to? Echo or Corolla/Celica?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Thu, 04 August 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
echo
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Mon, 08 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, it's a different engine than the one I'm after then...
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Sat, 27 August 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just saw this post... I regularly get over 600+km for 50L of fuel. You will find that city driving will chew through the fuel particularty if you spend a lot on time in heavy traffic and stopped at traffic lights, ie stopping and starting all the time.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Sat, 27 August 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3215/recepts5mz.jpg

each week no probs!

strait gas never looked so good!

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 14:22]

Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Fuel Consumption 2ZZ-GE Celica/Corolla Sportivo, what r u getting? Sun, 28 August 2005 03:10 Go to previous message
don't need to tell me that!!! 8c a litre discount at Wollworths this week with VISA + voucher. Very Happy Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE30 Conversion
Next Topic:Clutch pedal coming out too far (AE86)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 19:49:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056579113006592 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.