Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ACL 86MM 3TC Piston???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Sun, 28 August 2005 02:07 Go to next message
hey,
just speaking to a bloke at east coast automotive at ringwood and he said the largest size he could find was 0.75mm over size. is this the largest and everyone just calls them 86mm or is there actually a whole 1mm oversize pistons available? does anyone have a part number for these?
Cheers, Calvin

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 04:05]

Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Sun, 28 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86mm pistons are available. I guess that they are not available from ACL.... You could try Federal Mogul.

edit/ PS Pistons for these engines are available up to 89mm (wiseco). Your contact doesn't know where to look (I will say that you probably need to go forged to source 89mm). I am NOT recommending that you go for 89mm though.
Why do you want 86mm specifically anyway?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 09:16]

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Sun, 28 August 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i had heard that was the largest that i could get without spending alot of money on forged. 89mm forged pistons would be great but would break the budget. so has anyone heard of 86mm ACL pistons?

Cheers, Calvin
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Mon, 29 August 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 09:33

well i had heard that was the largest that i could get without spending alot of money on forged. 89mm forged pistons would be great but would break the budget. so has anyone heard of 86mm ACL pistons?

Cheers, Calvin

Quote:

You could try Federal Mogul.

Turbo_Tim
Regular

February 2005
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Mon, 29 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One www.toyota3tc.com some of the yanks recommend mazda b2000 'truck' engine pistons. They are 89mm and give a decent turbo compression ratio. Unfortunately a lot of them there dont make that much sense and cant even state what year b2000 these pistons are from. They just use them as a cheap alternative.
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Mon, 05 September 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbo_Tim wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:31

One www.toyota3tc.com some of the yanks recommend mazda b2000 'truck' engine pistons. They are 89mm and give a decent turbo compression ratio. Unfortunately a lot of them there dont make that much sense and cant even state what year b2000 these pistons are from. They just use them as a cheap alternative.

maybe you want to re-quote that as saying the 89mm MA Mazda ones are a phantom until proven otherwise. all the listings we can find state them as being 80mm. we get replacement 3TC pistons hereup to 1.5mm o/s and i'm guessing they are ACL as most of my suppliers parts are.

for other existing pistons that measure up goto : http://toyota3tc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23574#2 3574
Turbo_Tim
Regular

February 2005
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Mon, 05 September 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I have been following that thread. Doesnt suprise me considering some of the very difficult to follow posts on that forum.

Typical internet rumour that might have had some truth somewhere being turned into something completely fictional and incorrect. I should have known better than repeat it what I had read over there with no solid facts.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Mon, 05 September 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My pistons are 86mm 3T-C (1mm O/S) Repco pistons. My understanding was that 86mm was the biggest you could go from generic supliers. And 88.5 and 89mm ones are forged and come from Weisco and USA companies like that.

I have found 89mm pistons on yahoo acutions Japan at a good price... but you need a connection in Japan to get them.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Mon, 05 September 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Venolia definitely do one for 2T/3T in 89mm
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Tue, 06 September 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 00:02

My pistons are 86mm 3T-C (1mm O/S) Repco pistons. My understanding was that 86mm was the biggest you could go from generic supliers. And 88.5 and 89mm ones are forged and come from Weisco and USA companies like that.

I have found 89mm pistons on yahoo acutions Japan at a good price... but you need a connection in Japan to get them.

how much were your pistons? were they from repco or is that the brand? also stewart are they forged or cast. can't afford forged Sad
Cheers, Calvin
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Tue, 06 September 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ACL 86mm 3T pistons part No 4MKRY2735-1.00 .

Trevor
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ACL 86MM 3TC Piston??? Tue, 06 September 2005 12:23 Go to previous message
round of applause for trevor Very Happy
just what i was looking for thanks alot
Cheers, Calvin Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze timing pointer replacement