Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » drifting. how easy?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 00:25 Go to next message
Hey all i dunno if this should be posted because some idiot will probably read it and go hit a tree. But i am going to a motorkhana (witches hat course on a wet skid pan) soon and am just interested in how people will think i will do? I mean those drift vids, everyone make it look so easy but am i more likely do just spin around alot, or is it not as hard as people think, also i have a TT with an open diff lol but i have heard that it will spin up well still.
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think drifting is the same as motorkhana,

majority of people don't know you personally so they can't tell how well you go Confused

but just give it a go Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lmao!drift away but you will be the slowest car around the course,plus they will all wonder what the hell your doing.handbrake will help on really tight bends but thats the only time to drift,and that only if you have the horsepower and grip to get you up and moving again.
mick
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or if its really wet a controlled slide can be faster in alot of cases Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep and if the track is covered in ice or oil aswell, and or your running 50psi in the tires can help.or if you driving a car with a 1000hp and it weighs 300kg on 165x13 truck tires it also helps.
mick
Laughing
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr: i doubt you'll hit something:
-there's a large run-off area around the skidpan
-you're lucky to get out of 2nd gear on most circuits
-it's not drifting as you're not at the same kinds of speeds and road surfaces

With the TT power, you'll be lighting up tyres but just not power sliding/drifting out of corners.

There'll be heaps of old school cars with open diffs - but i'd focus more on your handbrake use.

The more you slide you loose time and speed so the quicker you can get the car facing the right way and leaving the corner at speed the better you'll do and the more confident you'll feel attacking corners in the wet.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah i am over crashing now, i was just curious how easy or good i would look, weather i should film my first run for a laugh, and if i should just try and drive the course or be a fully hectik drifer!!

Yeah i sorta know drifting and skidpans arn't the same but i thought it would be easier to see how easy it is to drift.

And its not a comp (as far as i know) its just a chance to "cut sik bro!"
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate had an rb20 Silvia and he is a pretty decent drifter but when he went on the skidpan (I was in the car) he was terrible! It is extremely slippery! However, with more practice I am sure he would have gotten better.

I say give it a go. They aren't timing laps anyway so you are just out there to have fun and learn something.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: drifting. how easy? Sun, 28 August 2005 03:56 Go to previous message
at the last TCC motorkhana, there was a skyline (RB2x turbo i think) and an R3x with nissan 4.4 litre V8 - both suffered badly from understeer - and even with LSDs and massive wheel spin, they couldn't turn quickly.

Perhaps it was a driver skill thing, but the effort both cars needed to just throw the car off balance (to make it start sliding and to corner quickly) was considerable.

It really highlighted how one setup (high-speed track work) could be totally unsuited to a different circuit (low-speed motorkhana) and that some cars (e.g. celica, sprinter and fwd corolla) were able to cope with a wider variety of tracks with less changes to overall configuration.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly?
Next Topic:Searching yahoo Japan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:15:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051610469818115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.