Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
ae82 and ae92 gearbox Sat, 27 August 2005 20:19 Go to next message
Hi

can the gearbox from ae82 be used on a ae92 and other way around?

thanks for any answers
  Send a private message to this user    
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: ae82 and ae92 gearbox Sun, 28 August 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they'll fit either way around. But about the only hassel from memory is how the driveshafts are connected, the g'box in the '82 uses a different style to the '92. If someone quotes me as wrong with that then, hey, i'm wrong with how the driveshafts bolt up.
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: ae82 and ae92 gearbox Sun, 28 August 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your answer.

if they are diffrent on the driveshaft mounts, can the mounts be easely taken from the other gearbox?

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: ae82 and ae92 gearbox Sun, 28 August 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The driveshafts on the ae82 bolt to a flange thats connected to the diff (its held in by c-clips). Where as the ae92 driveshafts are press fitted in.
As for the idea of swapping bits over, around and between 'boxes you'd have to give it a sniff and taste. Me and a mate where going to try it but one thing lead to another and we never got around to it. If you do have a crack at it, the 'box from the ae101/102 is pretty well much the same. The only internal difference is that the synco between 2-3 is a little stronger, while externally there's 2 starter motor humps (1 either side). Thats the shorterned version of a long story Wink
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: ae82 and ae92 gearbox Sun, 28 August 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks again

so in other words, its not easely doable to put the ae82 box into ae92, cuz of the driveshaft mounts?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: ae82 and ae92 gearbox Sun, 28 August 2005 16:00 Go to previous message
I can't really say it'd be easy cause i never got around to seeing in depth just how different they are. If you know of a wrecking yard that'll let you wander the yard trial fitting things it'll be a good way to find out
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter audio problems
Next Topic:3tgte service specs etc
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 01:15:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048630237579346 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.