Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shotoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 11:39 Go to next message
just wondering what ure views are on the rTA nsw new laws on the banning of almost every turbo charged super charged and modified vehicles oh yeah and v8 and hi po 6s.
to me i believe its bull and the restrictions should be based on power to weight ratios or get rid of it and bring in more driver education.
i myself am on my Ls and soon to be on my Ps so for the time being im ok with my little corolla cs thats almost complete, but later on in a year or 2 when i want to step up my level of performance by buying another car it will have to be done by following these restrictions. Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno I'm in 2 minds about it really.....

Firstly being quite into cars I think it sucks that people are being told what they can and can't drive based on what some RTA boffin thinks. I do feel that a Kw/T would have been a more appropriate measure.....

But again(now I'm going to sound old here), I'm just about to get off my Green P's from the silly new 3 year system, so I've been driving for nearly 3 years now, I remember I was quite silly when on my red P's and thank the lord that I only had a 2T-GEU to play with, I thought I could get away with anything and not having a hipo car to kill myself was a good thing. Now I'm also aware that a Barina can still do 110Km/h and kill you just as well, but getting there and having the back step out as you take a corner too fast because boost has just kicked in are just a little more unlikely....

I'm glad I progressed from a slower car to what I'm driving now as I do feel I have more experience to deal with situations on the road. 2T-GEU > 3S-GE > 2JZ-GE.

I could be talking total crap but that's what I think, it's a good idea, but it kinda isn't Confused Maybe Kw/T and possibly totally restricting red P's, but opening up some cars on green P's, I dunno.

There are still lots of fun cars out there that arn't on the list....

That said what really ticks me off is that the 2JZ-GE doesn't count as a HiPo 6 Laughing I'm a little offended really since the 350Z got in Embarassed
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
350Z is a wee bit faster than an n/a mkIV Smile

call me an old fart but I think there have to be some sort of restrictions, and a turbo/sc/v8/HiPo restriction is a farkload easier to police than a power:weight one.

yes, I could (and did) push my poor RA65 harder than most people push their hipo cars, but it takes about 3 times the time to reach 100km/hr, which means you go that fast a lot less often Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know......who knows maybe it will up the price of the N/A Supras Very Happy cause they are a "fastish" Cool car not on the list.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 13:03]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it seems to be alwasy the same... those on their P's complain they are good drvers and they should be able to buy whatever car, or drive at the same speed as everyone else...

but most ppl, after getting off their P's and being able to look back with 20-20 hindsught, think maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea...

i think everyone has had some kind of near miss or similar issue... truth is, too many of my friends who WEREN'T car enthusiasts have died on the roads.. far too many Sad

driver training would be great but someones gotta pay for it AND regulate it....how bodgy would it become if it was compulsory AND unregulated??

anyways... although it does kinda suck for you guys, i think overall it is a good thing...

anyway, Alchemist summed it up quite nicely, so i guess i shouldn't have bothered posting Razz Razz Razz
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overall i think it sucks, i've heard that some luxury merc's, saab's etc are banned as well just because they a V6's, although their safety standards and features are much higher than say a barina. So if you take mummy's car out and have an accident, you'd be alot safer in her car than a 1990 barina or something.

You can go 100km/h in any car, just depends on how fast you reach that speed. All this is just a band aid solution that i dont think will work as effectively as advanced driving courses or some other form of education on/about the roads...
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it fair.

Think back when you were 17/18 all you wanted todo was drive and impress your mates by cruising around with the car. some folks might be better off with high powered mercs or whatever or maybe you are lucky enough own a turbo car. it all needs practice and experience and it takes time.

But seriously you've just gotten your lisence and aren't a natural F1 born driver. It takes years to walk and years to adapt in the environment like when your were younger. nobodys going to be there to hold your hand
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm only 22 and I'm talking like a grandpa, worrying....
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 23:54

overall i think it sucks, i've heard that some luxury merc's, saab's etc are banned as well just because they a V6's, although their safety standards and features are much higher than say a barina. So if you take mummy's car out and have an accident, you'd be alot safer in her car than a 1990 barina or something.

You can go 100km/h in any car, just depends on how fast you reach that speed. All this is just a band aid solution that i dont think will work as effectively as advanced driving courses or some other form of education on/about the roads...

heh heh, a 323 beemer or a 320E merc can pick up pace pretty damn quickly...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get me wrong, im not 100% against it, in some cases i think its a good idea, such as for the red P platers that get $$$ from their parents and go and buy an r32 GTR or something and end up doing stupid things with their mates. Obviously, that'd be much harder in an underpowered car Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20R wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 00:06

Think back when you were 17/18 all you wanted todo was drive and impress your mates by cruising around with the car.

no

i owned a cressida, and while i loved it, you can't impress with a cressida.

well, unless it's an MX83 or something special

(mine was a stocker)

*reflects on times with cool car*
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 22 August 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the restrictions are a step in the right direction, but poorly executed!

Even with the restrictions there are still some super quick cars that a 'P' Plater can jump into (RX-8 anyone??)

i believe driver education is better, i know that just from me racing go-karts since i was about 8 helped me ENORMOUSLY when i first started driving, and still does help, just being able to experience something at r near its limit of adhesion allows to gain almost a 6th sense for it on the road, that and the car control i learnt from go-karts has gotten me out of a few little sticky situations where something happened on the road.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 22:25]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The banning of the merc and saabs had to do with the fact there are so many compressor models ie supercharged 4cylinders in amongst all the sixes, they decided it'd be too hard to police and just threw a blanket ban on all of them.

However recently they have provided a rivised list where they are slowly remvoing low boost turbo and supercharged cars ie 660cc milk cartons. In escence this should also resolve the merc problem as they run low boost setups. ie 120kw from a superchraged 2.0l in a 1500kg is not going to be fast.

But then what is there classification of low boost, cars like the XR6 turbo only run 6 psi in my mind that a low boost car, but its also damn quick.

I have just under a year left on my p's and after 2 years plus of owning the rona i guess i am of the same opinion as Alchemist. By having a car that gets out of control at a lower speed, means one of two things one you probably have more chance of saving it and two should the shit hit the fan and you crash its gonna be at a much lower speed so you probably won't die.

Then theres the other argument, when i first got my car the suspension was rooted, going straight thru a roundabout upon correcting to exit the car would just snap and there was fuck all i could do at the time to change this. Generally it involved an attempt to correct and get the car aiming straight again.

Surpisingly i have never spun the car, gotten it about 60 degrees sideways befor the suspension was fixed, ie when it'd just step out rolling thru at 30kmph.

I am of two minds about the new laws, one its a good thing and that it helps the progression into higher powered cars. Two that it will make three fifths of fuck all difference as the majority of fatalities are just normal road accidents and any car given enough time and dedication will reach an unsafe speed.

IMO we should give the kids old shitters to start with, this means a few things, they are not cushioned by technology and will hopefully learn a few extra skills, two that car will scare the shit out of them at least once and they'll never attempt it again.

Three old cars need basic maintenance done to them, this'll help them learn and respect their cars more.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they are a joke. They are very simliar to the laws that came out after Port Arthur, rather than do anything worthwhile, just ban a whole lot of stuff so it looks like we are doing something.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i'm a p-plater and i think its a good thing that we got knocked backed. beacuse yes....we do drive like dick heads (not saying where the only ones but)... alot of kids get inhertintaces on there 18th b'days and can go out and buy the shiny twin turbo cars and thrash on the first day and end up in a tree by the end of the week.

in my group of freinds and i'm a pretty popular guy Razz theres been only about 2 people who havent had a crash or accident (minor or major)

i can see how its gonna inconvience alot of poeple who's only car might by be a turbo, but no one said life was a rose garden
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and it's not going, to apply retrospectively, so none of you are going to have to sell your cars.
Just if you don't have a license yet, you're gonna have to put that turbo monster on hold until you know how to drive.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep which means its gonna be a pain the arse for a couple of years for the current crop of p-platers with modded/V8/turbo cars as they will get pulled over regularly just to check if they can drive that car legally which imo is a huge waste of Police resources.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not how old you are, its what kind of personality you have. You will find alot of people as soon as they get off their p's will go out and buy a fast car, and then crash it. I drove a 4agte ae86 all through my p's. It just comes down to common sense.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is very true and no matter what car you give those kinds of ppl they generally will get themselves into trouble. Ie one of my neighbours has a old boxy pulsar, he has been caught drink driving, speeding etc etc lost his license twice already that i know of adn he's only 19.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which most people don't have Smile

this is just a way to try and minimise accidents. obviously there with still be tool p-platers who thrash the crap out of their civic and wrap it around a telegraph pole (like what happened near my house), and of course tehre will be tools who get off their P's, buy a hipo car, then crash it driving way beyond their ability.

but in theory it should happen less Smile
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, yeah theory gota love theory. Its true, it may help... but it is not a very good way to go about things.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this shouldnt be a problem soon, as petrol will run out and we will all have electric cars Confused
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 14:59

this shouldnt be a problem soon, as petrol will run out and we will all have electric cars Confused

but... i dont want an electric soarer!

ill run my car on blood sweat and tears if i have to, as soon as they have created a form of direct injection setup which works for it. Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 15:04

rthy wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 14:59

but... i dont want an electric soarer!

ill run my car on blood sweat and tears if i have to, as soon as they have created a form of direct injection setup which works for it. Laughing

Meh just make some moon shine and throw that in.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That works too.

Also means I don't nearly kill myself just to drive down the shops.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 15:17

That works too.

Also means I don't nearly kill myself just to drive down the shops.

thats debatable i have heard a story from the states of a guy that brewed moon shine and had a corvette. Anyways he used to put a small amount in every tank and it'd help it run a bit better. The dad was out of town for a week and his son thought it'd be cool to drive the vette. He poored in like half a tank full of moon shine, shot of down the road, engine blew and he copped bits of it in his head. Very Happy
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what in the world is a hippo car?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hipo, high perfromance orientated vehicle ie BMW M3
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 15:54

hipo, high perfromance orientated vehicle ie Toyota Soarer

Fixed. Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 16:08

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 15:54

hipo, high perfromance orientated vehicle ie Toyota Soarer

Fixed. Wink

haha no cos they are already ban cos they make the full sik turbo flutters ulei. The HIPO are the NA sixes that have been banned. If it was for soarers it'd be LALB take a guess.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no flutters here bro, we've got flap-type AFM's !

lol

*forms gang sign with fingers*

GZ20 respresent!
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont under stand how these restrictions really work...ie if i'm driving say a turbo celica on my p's does that mean my insurance wouldnt cover me if i had an accident while driving the car? even though the insurance policy knows there's a P plater driving the car

the other thing i've been told is if your on your p's and you get your licenesed suspened, and if the suspension was after june 11th , when you get your licenese back your now under the new rules aswell??

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
July 11th same time it came in for the new p-platers and yes if you lose your license and then when you get it back is after the 11th of july the new laws apply.
It is the law so i'd say the insurance companies would void the insurance ie same deal if you are speeding/drink driving/driving unlicensed etc.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a bandaid approach, ultimately, but when the case is argued, what isn't? There is no feasible way of regulating young drivers and suiting everybody. The truth of the matter is the government must bite down and accept that there will be fatalities even if we pimp around in golf buggies. For me this system would've sucked, 'cos I wouldn't have been able to do my job. (Work cars on the banned list: VY SS, VT clubby, S15 Silvia, Porsche boxster(maybe. haven't checked that one)). Do turbo diesel trucks and vans count?

But work issues aside (which could be appealed), I think it is a reasonable approach, since WRXs, skylines, RX7s and shitty commmodores are over-represented in fatal accidents in the P-Plater demographic.
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 19:09

For me this system would've sucked, 'cos I wouldn't have been able to do my job. (Work cars on the banned list: VY SS, VT clubby, S15 Silvia, Porsche boxster(maybe. haven't checked that one)). Do turbo diesel trucks and vans count?

You can get an exemption if you need to use a banned vehicle for work. These rules don't include turbo diesels as they are primarily used for commercial purposes.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but the exemptions aren't given out willy nilly its on their judgement and costs money ie 23 bucks per car now if his work has plenty of cars that gonna shit them especially if they change cars regularly.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if im on my green P's, does the ban applyto be as well? Or is it just for the new P plater as of 1st July or whatever it is?

Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope only to ppl who got their p's after July 11 or got them back after a loss of license so be good. Free range of cras for me, hello high performance and good bye corona at the end of the year i say.
And no i won't be a dick on the roads, i'll be taking it to the track on weekends. Evil or Very Mad
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha if you don't like the rules come to W.A. Wink

i agree with any rule they set about have P Platers behind powerful cars, 2 seconds can mean the difference in life and death.

Give em all a corona, least it'll give them a extra 8 seconds between life and death Razz
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, its completely fair to say p platers cant drive such powerful cars but to single out turbos and v8s rather than power to weight, thats just stupid!!!
As far as the power to weight ratio laws, I know they used to be 125kw/tonne. That is rediculous. 100kw/tonne is even unreasonable really. Alot (not all) of p platers drive fast and I was one of them and I say its better to have some experience under your belt before you are allowed to drive such powerful cars.
Too many p platers get into crashes because they dont know how to handle the power.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not just not knowing how to handle the power it is that they are driving like dicks anyways, that kid who put his dads skyline through a telegraph pole (that was what started this) he woulda done the exact same thing in a slower car if he was doing 180 in a 50 zone.

Darwins law, strengthening the gene pool by eliminating yourself through stupidity Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: p plate restrictions Tue, 23 August 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roundy wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 08:45

its not just not knowing how to handle the power it is that they are driving like dicks anyways, that kid who put his dads skyline through a telegraph pole (that was what started this) he woulda done the exact same thing in a slower car if he was doing 180 in a 50 zone.

that happened 20 minutes away from where i live, in wyoming.

also, the guy took his dads keys when his dad wasnt there and took his dads car for a drive without permission...

I fail to see how a "no hi-po cars" law would have stopped the kid from still taking the GTR for a drive

i knw you're not saying the law would have stopped him, and i agree with your darwin comment completely Laughing but yeah...

*throws hands in air in dismay*

ah well, so you're restricted for the first few years... i guess it doesnt matter.

the bad thing is people are going to go from charades to supras, and then you'll have accidents in the range where people are just getting off their P's, and then theyll make you have your P's longer, blah blah blah

Apparently my GZ20 soarer's a high performance car, yeah bullshit

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 23:11]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Wed, 24 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
power to wieght...so i could go buy a 300kw holden and throw a couple of bags of concrete in the back to even it out....

power to wieght would make shopping for cars alot harder
shotoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Thu, 25 August 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 11:06]

shotoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Thu, 25 August 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not completely against the ban its just the way they did it. its like they had a giant hat and lucky picked which cars get banned, there are a few loop holes in it as well.
all u have to do is say that its ure parents car and u drive it then hand over $23 for an exemption.
Another thing is how the F$#* did the S2000 and RX8 get through hmmmmm im gussing they dont actually now what pawer figures are used for.
And just 1 more thing the evo 6 and 8 are banned but hey u can still jump into an evo 1 2 3 4 5 and 7 which brings me back to my original theory that there was a giant hat and they picked out what cars to be banned. Mad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: p plate restrictions Thu, 25 August 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmn giant hat.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Thu, 25 August 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are also allowed to drive the St165 Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Thu, 25 August 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shotoy wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 21:04

im not completely against the ban its just the way they did it. its like they had a giant hat and lucky picked which cars get banned, there are a few loop holes in it as well.
all u have to do is say that its ure parents car and u drive it then hand over $23 for an exemption.
Another thing is how the F$#* did the S2000 and RX8 get through hmmmmm im gussing they dont actually now what pawer figures are used for.
And just 1 more thing the evo 6 and 8 are banned but hey u can still jump into an evo 1 2 3 4 5 and 7 which brings me back to my original theory that there was a giant hat and they picked out what cars to be banned. Mad

it is a blanket ban on all turboed cars bar those running very low boost and diesels. There is also a clause than any turbo car not on the list and being a performance car would still be banned.
You will find the reason for the other evo's not being banned is that they were never brought into australia by either mitsubishi or Ralliart as was the case with the Evo 6 and 8. All the others would be private imports and they have just neglected to put them on the list.
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been browsing the rta website
an it states that p platers are
not allowed a modified "engine".

so if i modify my exaust ie cat back
system of just a tip is this deemed
illegal?

does this also include airfilters?
i jus dun wanna put on a zorst and
argue with a cop bout whether da
zorst is part of the engine?
any help would be great
cheers Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any "performance engine modification" is banned woot no more cannons super cheap will go broke Very Happy
laaag
Regular

June 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but some cheapo cannon is hardly regarded
as a performance modification as it just
ads noise not kw?????
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how are they going to police 'no engine modifications'? Would they go to the expense of pulling down an engine to check the parts? I highly doubt it.
Paranoid Android
Regular

August 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im all for the restrictions, since ive been off my p's since last year Wink

i used to drive like a maniac, and now i get pissed off at these guys driving like dicks - but i guess thats just karma.

when my brother rolled my mums astra into a house after having his red p's for 6 days, i slowed down
when i had to repair $5700 worth of damage to my celica myself cos i couldnt afford the smash repair, i slowed down

after my accident i slowed down cos i knew what putting my foot to the floor did to my engine, also i knew i had to pay if i recked it,

some parenting advice - "dont buy your kid a WRX for passing his HSC"

it doesnt matter if they are driving a R34 or a charade, if you drive a car outside its limits you'll crash it

i'd just like to add that if you want a bike you gotta ride a 250cc for a year before you can upgrade,
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.myholden.com/images/burnouts/goddard1.jpg
notice the P plate ARGH
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i see id a fooly sik country bogan Rolling Eyes
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think most people think it's fair idea but not fairly executed.
Oh well, my take is that I'm on my greens so none of the bullshit affects me (I'm not going to lose my license) so I don't really care. For the people that won't get to drive turbo cars etc. tough but hey -- at least you're going to save money on insurance which you can better spend modding your car once you get to your full license.

What I think will be interesting to see is if the amount of accidents P platers are involved in will actually decrease once the last crop of P platers who are exempt get on their full licenses -- now there's something to look out for!
tadpole
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: p plate restrictions Sun, 28 August 2005 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm soon having a holiday from driving for a few months, and with the new p plater rules etc..

I gave the RTA a call and asked about the new laws, what I was told over the phone was:

"Licence suspensions do not fall under the new rules but disquifications do"

so apperently what it seems like is if your licence is suspended for say 3-6 months then you won't be subject to these rules, but if it is cancelled / disqual then the rules will.

can anybody confirm what I had been told is true?
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 29 August 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got the perfect solution to the problem

1. ban the parents from buying cars for teh p plater! also ban them from driving the family getaround. if teh p plater goes and buys a ten k car in cash they have to justify where they got the funds from. no justification = refusal to provide licence or vehicle registration.

2. make them work their ass off and SAVE for their ride, they might just appreciate it that bit more as well. banks and credit providers should automatically decline car loans for under 20's. once again relates to the above because a bank history showing saving for a vehicle with payroll going in is perfect justification.

3. subsidise mopeds.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 29 August 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 11:53

1. ban the parents from buying cars for teh p plater! also ban them from driving the family getaround. if teh p plater goes and buys a ten k car in cash they have to justify where they got the funds from. no justification = refusal to provide licence or vehicle registration.

2. make them work their ass off and SAVE for their ride, they might just appreciate it that bit more as well. banks and credit providers should automatically decline car loans for under 20's. once again relates to the above because a bank history showing saving for a vehicle with payroll going in is perfect justification.

3. subsidise mopeds.

so you are gonna deny me the chance to get a loan for the extra 10K i need for my car yet i will have managed to save 12K in a year hmmmm bright idea not.
I have been saving my arse off this year and have gone on a plan mobile phone simply to build a credit rating, was gonna get a credit card but virgin in PITA to apply for and CBF paying a 50 dollar annual fee simply to get a credit rating so i didn't want to go elsewhere.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: p plate restrictions Mon, 29 August 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 09:59

hamgatan wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 11:53

3. subsidise mopeds.

so you are gonna deny me the chance to get a loan for the extra 10K i need for my car yet i will have managed to save 12K in a year hmmmm bright idea not.
I have been saving my arse off this year and have gone on a plan mobile phone simply to build a credit rating, was gonna get a credit card but virgin in PITA to apply for and CBF paying a 50 dollar annual fee simply to get a credit rating so i didn't want to go elsewhere.

there are always exceptions.. what i mean is there should be a cutoff point..

the fact you have saved 12K, says straight away youre justified in every right to go for that loan. youre obviously doing the right thing by establishing that credit rating etc..etc..

you would be far more justified to go for that loan on the basis that youve worked hard and saved your bickies up this much. the fact that youre shelling out 22K for a car that youve saved up half for already says to me that youre going to be a CAREFUL hoon rather than a hoon that stupidly thrashes their shitbox VL trying to impress the 14yo chicks.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1uz F40
Next Topic:Where to buy theses ae82 side skirts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:21:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01105809211731 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.