Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
askapin
Newcomer

August 2005
3t-gte help please Sat, 27 August 2005 08:09 Go to next message
hi, got a hilux with a 3t-gte engine, just wondering what car this came out originally ???? i bought the car as is and trying to find a workshop manual. the guy i bought it off said it was an mr2 but the manuals ive found so far all say 3s-gte, is there a difference? any help would be great, thanks... Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gte help please Sat, 27 August 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3t-gteu engine came from tt142 coronas, ta63 celicaS? and carinas. Produced in only 1983-84 being either oil or water cooled.

You'll only find the workshop manuals are in japanese and they are extremely rare. If you need torque settings, places to get parts etc. you'll find it all on this website Smile
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 3t-gte help please Sat, 27 August 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome nebie i just thought i would let u know that u posted it 4times
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 3t-gte help please Sat, 27 August 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 20:45

welcome nebie i just thought i would let u know that u posted it 4times

and i think you - MX73_Drifter - should win an award for at least 4 things:
- stating the blindingly obvious
- contributing absolutely nothing to a thread
- insulting a new forum member
- misspelling 'newbie'

well done - you're a champ.

askapin: what in particular are you needing regarding the engine? basic maintenance info or more detailed stuff (e.g. repairs, rebuilding, etc)?

If you find the search feature a bit unhelpful try using google to search this place - just include in the search field "site:forums.toymods.org.au" to restrict results to threads from here.

cheers and welcome,
Charles.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 3t-gte help please Sat, 27 August 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and i think you - MX73_Drifter - should win an award for at least 4 things:
- stating the blindingly obvious
- contributing absolutely nothing to a thread
- insulting a new forum member
- misspelling 'newbie'

well done - you're a champ.

not only did he post it twice in tech & conversions but he also posted it twice in general car talk.
chubbylover53
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3t-gte help please Sun, 28 August 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait.. jackle u have confused me. i've been wanting to put a 3tgte into my 86 corona for ages now and have been saving. when i researched it earlier everyone said that it would be legal cause the engine was made up until 87. sorry for going off topic but does this mean that i can't put a 3tgte into my car cause it's older than the car.

cheers, just need a lil clafication
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gte help please Sun, 28 August 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well from some things i've seen on writing says up to 87 but from i've researched and heard from people it was only made in 83 and 84.

If thats true you could always go for a 1g-gte conversion Very Happy

my corona is a 83 model
chubbylover53
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3t-gte help please Mon, 29 August 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah everyone says that the 1ggte is the best bang for buckk but it is just a lil to much buck and i'm not after a complete drag beast. i just want decent power with the ability of a daily driver and some occasional sprint days
Freddy510
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 3t-gte help please Mon, 29 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Guys,
I am doing a Hiace V6 conversion at the moment. The Certifying Engineer told me the engine must be the same year as the car or newer. If the engine is older than the car (as is the case with my V8 Hilux) it is OK for rego if it runs LPG only. That's straight from the horses mouth. I will use the VIN number of the donor car to prove the age of the motor to the Engineer and the RTA (NSW).
Sorry to sort of hijack the thread, but I thought it would answer a question accurately.
Good luck hunting for the manual. I am thinking of fitting a Toyota 6 into my son's 2WD Hilux so I too am interested in the manual, post something if you find it.

Thanks, Freddy
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3t-gte help please Mon, 29 August 2005 07:00 Go to previous message
3TGTEU 1982 to 1985 production. Early ones are oilcooled turbo only (have an oil cooler?) later ones are water and air cooled turbo.

Manuals for this motor in english are rare as rockinghorse poop. I believe torque settings etc are the same as the 2TGTEU. But welcome to the 3TGTEU fanclub anyways. Although rare and old, these are great motors. Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine swap:16v->20v. Do I need engineers certificate?
Next Topic:1g-gte parts info (service before conversion 3rd gen)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:50:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045499801635742 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.