Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Caught Speeding ??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 06:17 Go to next message
i was just driving along highway before and was in 60 zone bout to go into 80 zone and there was a highway patrol on side of road with camera facing my direction, and i was speeding, think was doin 70 ish, the copper didnt flash me or pull me ova or anythin so would he still of booked me, as i have heard they have 2 flash u or pull u ova ??
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had a speeding fine before where i didnt notice any flashes.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cause u live in melbourne and they are sneaky b*stards down there...

Generally if it was highway patrol he would pull you over if you were to get a ticket and from experience they tend not to worry about ppl doing 10km over unless its a speed trap, double demerits or they are having a bad day.

Are you sure he had a camera and that it wasnt just the radar mounted on the roof highway patrol dont tend to use speed cameras in sydney anyways
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was one those roof mounted ones, but it was facing in my direction... ??? think i have anythin worry bout ??
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have driven by a cop at 120-130ish on the highway with him sitting in his car and radar out the window, he didnt come after us and we havnt receieved a fine in the mail... kinda weird
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

we have driven by a cop at 120-130ish on the highway with him sitting in his car and radar out the window, he didnt come after us and we havnt receieved a fine in the mail... kinda weird

Most of us have had this happen, it's simply a case of the cop waiting for a bigger fish to fry (i.e. a faster car).

A standard Hwy Patrol car with radar gun or roof mount radar will pursue a car and fine it in NSW.

Jorrs, you obviously weren't going fast enough to worry this cop, perhaps he was catching cars doing much more so he let you slip past.

I highly doubt (99% sure) you will get anything in the mail.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a relief, as i have 1 point left and was freakin,
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 16:48

Quote:

Most of us have had this happen, it's simply a case of the cop waiting for a bigger fish to fry (i.e. a faster car).

A standard Hwy Patrol car with radar gun or roof mount radar will pursue a car and fine it in NSW.

Jorrs, you obviously weren't going fast enough to worry this cop, perhaps he was catching cars doing much more so he let you slip past.

I highly doubt (99% sure) you will get anything in the mail.

i agree with this many a times have i gone past highway patrol speeding like 10-20km over the limit and nothing has come of it. if he wanted to give you a ticket he would have pulled you over
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 16:29

highway patrol dont tend to use speed cameras in sydney anyways

not always true. i was going down hastings road between old norther road and newline road not long ago and a copper was just sitting on the other side of the crest with a gun. lucky my car has a 0-60km/h speed of about 8 minutes Razz
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 16:31

thats a relief, as i have 1 point left and was freakin,

i know the feeling u mean, ur gut sinks and u feel like ur throats gonna climb out ur mouth and run away Very Happy

i've had it once or twice before, still never been caught Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 20:36

4agte wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 16:29

highway patrol dont tend to use speed cameras in sydney anyways

not always true. i was going down hastings road between old norther road and newline road not long ago and a copper was just sitting on the other side of the crest with a gun. lucky my car has a 0-60km/h speed of about 8 minutes Razz

yeah dude a radar gun is alot different to a speed camera
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could it have been 1 of those infra-red cameras?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not on a highway patrol car. Infact i hardly ever see mobile speed cameras in sydney at all since fixed speed cameras have started popping up everywhere.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 23:46]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Caught Speeding ?? Thu, 25 August 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's just a gun, they have to pull you over as they have no proof if they dont. But if it's a camera, then yes, your could just receive a nasty letter in the mail. They usually give about 10% lee way.

Also, you are allowed 100m grace on either side of a change of speed sign.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 09:57

If it's just a gun, they have to pull you over as they have no proof if they dont. But if it's a camera, then yes, your could just receive a nasty letter in the mail. They usually give about 10% lee way.

they only allow a 3km/h grace with speed cameras
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 10:41

Caledwvech wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 09:57

they only allow a 3km/h grace with speed cameras

True true. Forgot about that one. But I had heard 4km/hr... Oh well it's not much either way. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a 10% tolerance on the speed tolerance in NSW and 5% in Vic which is 3kmph in a 60 zone.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 12:59

no message body

I agree entirely.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i was tryin make a poll over whether i will be fined or not Razz didnt work, stupid piece crap
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to point out the speed i got booked for 14 years ago but i wont as i dont wont to give young blokes ideas!10km\h-20km\h is plenty now days!save it for the track,atleast there is saftey!lol sorry to sound like an old women.
mick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Fri, 26 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 11:37

its a 10% tolerance on the speed tolerance in NSW and 5% in Vic which is 3kmph in a 60 zone.

nope its not for speed cameras 3km/hr is the max allowed just ask my father who got booked at 64km/h in a 60 zone
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Mon, 29 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a load of shit though because australian adr's only stipulate that a speedo has to be accurate to within 10% of its actual speed hence you should be only able to be booked according to this. Smile
Paranoid Android
Regular

August 2005
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Mon, 29 August 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one upon a time in waterfall
zone went 100kph - 80kph - 110kph where the 80kph bit is for 1 kilometer

towards the end of the 80 zone ther is a turn and an off ramp

cop was in the off ramp Shocked

i was doin 110 - 120

then get this the cop pointed the hairdryer towards his feet and signalled me with his other hand to slow down, not to pull over, just like "easy, easy"

i think that affected me more than getting pulled over and getting a fine

jorrs you aint getting a fine, but does anyone know the statute of limitations on speeding?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Mon, 29 August 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 12:50

its a load of shit though because australian adr's only stipulate that a speedo has to be accurate to within 10% of its actual speed hence you should be only able to be booked according to this. Smile

well its the way it is man adr's or no adr's its worse in vic
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Caught Speeding ?? Mon, 29 August 2005 09:16 Go to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 12:50

this has been a point ive taken to court a few times!especial when i was coming back from sandown after a race meeting and got done for a few k's over the limit.
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze...where do they come from?
Next Topic:Courier/Shipping an engine QLD->MEL
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055999755859375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.