Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
gwilmarlio
Occasional Poster

July 2005
icon8.gif  not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 09:38 Go to next message
I had my car serviced ha last time I go there the guy did not want to be helpfull what so ever I asked for things to be done and got a very short report back with just ticks tryed asking the guy about certain things that he had done and all I could get was yer its ok and he was just no help what so ever and the worst thing when thay changed the oil thay spilt droplets of oil all over my clean as engine looks like shit now gota do a degrease Sad
gunna give Cypher a go next

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2005 09:51]

Send a private message to this user  
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not so good to post this on the forums, as toymods could possibly be held liable for derogatory comments. might want to edit your post to remove the name of the workshop.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2005 09:40]

gwilmarlio
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry all just bit pissed off especally what thay charged me for what I got
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just vote with your feet man and dont go back i understand the frustration that can be felt with workshops performing sub standard work and draven is right you might want to edit your first post
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course, the way around this is to put at the end of your post "And if anyone in perth wants to know what garage so they can avoid it, PM me" Cool
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 19:40

not so good to post this on the forums, as toymods could possibly be held liable for derogatory comments.

Slander maybe........libel would be very unlikely.

corrected thanks to the fine efforts below

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2005 13:23]

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
li·a·ble (l-bl)
adj.

1. Legally obligated; responsible: liable for military service. See Synonyms at responsible.
2. At risk of or subject to experiencing or suffering something unpleasant. Used with to: liable to criminal charges; liable to diabetes.
3. Likely. Often used with reference to an unfavorable outcome: In a depression banks are liable to fail.

li·bel (lbl)
n.

1. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
2. The act of presenting such material to the public.
2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.

I believe the word you're after Youngy is libel, not liable.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i did exactly same thing, put in the places name, they tried to sue me Razz cos they read it on the forum, but found out that the internet is annonomous and cant be legally proved that i wrote the post, any way yeh badluck bout the "place" just call them shithouse mechanics or somethin Razz
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which perth workshop?
gwilmarlio
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: not happy with service Mon, 29 August 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer no shit thay are and thay where recomended by some others pff I know what Ill be telling em next time I wanted all the checks done as I have just brought the car and wanted to make sure it was OK I noticed that the filter had not been checked so i did that my self tonight HA the piping between the O2 sensor and turbos was cracked what tools thats what I payed them for to find this stuff
as usual it all ways pays to do the shit your slef
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: not happy with service Tue, 30 August 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 23:16

lol i did exactly same thing, put in the places name, they tried to sue me Razz cos they read it on the forum, but found out that the internet is annonomous and cant be legally proved that i wrote the post, any way yeh badluck bout the "place" just call them shithouse mechanics or somethin Razz

I'm pretty sure that we were able to give our opinion if we belived it to be true. I'm pretty sure that if I told all my mates that a certain brand or place was shit, they couln't do anything because they would have to prove that I was lying.
The world is a pretty bad place if you arn't allowed to give your opinion about a place, or tell about your bad experences.

I have been through lots of mechanics through my time, and I think that sometimes it's a matter of how the service is, moreso than the quality of work.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: not happy with service Tue, 30 August 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Truth is not in itself a defence to a common law claim under the torts relating to slander or libel.

To mount an effective defence to this charge (at least under Victorian law) it must also be proven that the defamatory comments were aired in the public/common interest, in the appropriate context etc.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: not happy with service Tue, 30 August 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a load of dribble!mate you can say your not happy with a workshop for what ever reason and they arnt going to sue you.aslong as you tell the truth you have nothing to worry about at all.and a tip on law for all,never every listern to any solicitor under 30 and for god sakes never listen to a law student.
mick
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: not happy with service Wed, 31 August 2005 05:16 Go to previous message
no - they wont sue him, they will sue the people/organisation who gave said person the ability to publicly announce their dematory comments.
ie. TOYMODS CAR CLUB

AFAIK - In such a defamation case, the defendant would have to prove that the information being portrayed as the truth would indeed have to be 100% correct, in the right context... etc etc.

Being a non=profit organisation Toymods cannot afford to have lawyers etc advise on what is allowable and what is not. So if anything is borderline, we just dont allow it - the risk is FAR too high.

Sorry guys, you;ve said what you needed to say, this needs to go no further. It's been argued about 40 times over now in various different threads.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Sixworks
Next Topic:80's possibly early 90's turbo hiace
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:54:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045480728149414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.