Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Need Help with engine transplant Sun, 02 February 2003 14:18 Go to next message
hi guys,

I really need some help with putting a new engine into my 77 Celica RA23. I have the standard 18rc+extractors and want to upgrade to the 18rgeu. I really need to have this finished in about 4 weeks time. only thing is I don't have the engine yet or lots of cash.

I need lots of advice from you guys in and around Brisbane/Ipswich to help me bring this dream into reality. I know I am only new to this forum and would to have like to get to meet you all out there first before I begged for help, but I am in need of rather urgent assistance.

If there are any of you fellows out there that would like to lend some advice or even a hand please drop me a line. I am quite prepared to do the dirty work. I just might need some helping hints.

so please don't hesitate to contact me.

Des Adams
my mobile is (0402785934)
email address is (desblaze@yahoo.com.au)
please HELP!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need Help with engine transplant Sun, 02 February 2003 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drop me a line if you want to see an 18R-GEU already installed in an RA23. I live on the south side (Fairfield).
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Need Help with engine transplant Sun, 02 February 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Des
You obviously found a car is that it in your avatar if so have you got any more pickies.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help with engine transplant Mon, 03 February 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks norbie, I would love to take a look at your car, the best thing is I'm in moorooka so I caould almost walk over. I do have more photos actually Jason. I went and bought a digital camera the other day so I can take some more.

I had a bit of drama when I bought the car. the morning I was ment to get it(and the same day the seller was leaving for darwin) some silly bit@h backed into him in the MC Donalds drive through. so as we speak it is getting fixed (on her insurance). So as soon as I get it back I want to go full steam ahead with the engine upgrade.

I will try and add a link to some pics. haven't done this before.

http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/car%20front1.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/i-1.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/i-2.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/i-3.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/i-4.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/i-5.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/desblaze/i-6.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 03 February 2003 01:06]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Need Help with engine transplant Mon, 03 February 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice Des
Whats been done to it?
I just bought an 18r-gue for $20 i kid you not!!
Needs a lot of work but i think ive got alot of the parts already sorted out.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help with engine transplant Mon, 03 February 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm not too sure. The guy I bought it off was a Canadian that is here on a work sponsorship and he has just gone to Darwin to finish his second year. He bought it from a guy from Warwick that did all the work. Respray and engine changes. (it used to be an ugly Kermit green) spew. It has extractors. I am sure the normal cam. I think it is a weber carbbie. lower Koni adjustable suspension, a few trim changes to the interior (which i want to change). so that's it for know. the paint is not the best but I want to concentrate under the bonnet for now and then the interior 2nd. paint 3rd.

the engine that is in it needs a goo tune and seems to be a little tired. so that is why I thought I might as well upgrade now. I just need tips on how and what I need/ where to find it. so on.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Need Help with engine transplant Mon, 03 February 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If ya need a hand I could help some! I have an engine crane to if its needed!
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: Need Help with engine transplant Mon, 03 February 2003 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey nice RA23 you've got, I work at Yeronga so I am very close to you. Just grab yourself a Tradingpost or look online for your motor, I think I saw one for around $800 a few weeks ago.
anyway if you want to know something just ask, I should know what your talking about Smile
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help with engine transplant Mon, 03 February 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell me if this sounds Ok. In the trading post a guy is selling a 1G-GTE + gearbox and computer for $450.(suit rebuild) So I rang him. He has also offer to rebuild a 18RGU for me for $1000 and comes with a set of extractors. Is that a good price for the 18rgu?

If so I could have him build it for me in a week or so. I know the 1G-GTE sound good but I just got rid of my bomb-a-dore because of the added cost in rego and stuff I was trying to stay away from the 6 cylinders. all in all I think I might go the 18rgu and later on slowly find the efi bits.

Oh yeah the guy with the 1g als said he could rebuild and put in an 18rgeu with extractors for $1850. a little bit more then I wanted to spend I think for that type of engine.

Just out of curiosity. how much would it cost to rebuild that 1g and then put it in the ra23?

thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 03 February 2003 23:34]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Need Help with engine transplant Tue, 04 February 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the guy going to do to the engine for $1000?
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Need Help with engine transplant Tue, 04 February 2003 01:23 Go to previous message
well thats the thing. for that money I want it totally rebuilt. I guess I have to make sure that it is done properly.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:automotive tap and die set ??
Next Topic:rollas in brisbane
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:12:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047290325164795 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.