Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Tue, 30 August 2005 02:09 Go to next message
CLUB TRACK DAY

Date - 3rd december 2005
Time - TIME
Location - Qld Raceway
Costs - See below
Contact- fearlesss 0422096182

Have fun, meet other members, see how fast your car is!

COST
1) $75 for the day, pre-booked before 5pm Thursday 20th of november otherwise $95
2) $55 for an annual licence or $20 for a single day licence

What do you get? 3x5 sprint sessions on the track. If we have a minimum of 12 then we can all race as one exclusive group

WHOS GOING
Fearlesss - almighty ct9 Powar PAID AND BOOKED
Dan -slow swift
cath - slow starlet
dave - swift gti ?
jezza323 - 4efe POWARRRRR Making own payment
adrian- almighty ct9 PowarPAID AND BOOKED
aleisha- stockoPAID AND BOOKED
Nick - ffear, ep91 4efte with t28 ?
lawrence - jeromie0, crazy ep91

from toymods or twincam so "maybes"
monkeymajik- PAID AND BOOKED
adamaw11 - PAID AND BOOKED
NickEA86
mikes86 PAYING ON THE DAY
crokee - confirmed
Michael - GSR lancer PAYING ON THE DAY Booked with QR

gruntath
splinter
cha54
krizcoz

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 00:27]

Send a private message to this user    
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: queensland race way Track day Tue, 30 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's on a weekend and not between the 23-30 of Nov. I'm in!!!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: queensland race way Track day Tue, 30 August 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what dates are you thinking of? i mentioned at tonights TTCQ committee meeting and one or two faces looked slightly interested.

I'll mention it at the next club meeting which is Tuesday 6 September - there's a few club members with 2NS licences.

I'd be interested if i'm licensed by then and have a running car.

cheers,
Charles.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day Thu, 01 September 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok the earliest dates is the 3rd of december ive just been told
so im booking that one in Smile

more details to come when i get them from QLD raceway Smile

so write that all down in your dates kids
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 21 September 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I might be interested in this.
I'm a track-day-newb though, so I'll need some re-assurance
Does it wear out tyres and brakes heaps?
are there many cars on the track at the same time? and is there enough distance between them.

Is there the usual requirements of helmets and long sleeves etc?

is there scrutineering?
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Fri, 23 September 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested providing ive got my brakes sorted by then...

Quote:

Is there the usual requirements of helmets and long sleeves etc?

helmet & long sleeves & long pants are required

Quote:

is there scrutineering?

nope...as long as its registered/legit you're ok

Quote:

Does it wear out tyres and brakes heaps?

tyres usually dont fair too badly...brake fade can be a bit of an issue after the 2nd session

Quote:

are there many cars on the track at the same time? and is there enough distance between them

depends on the number of ppl that rock up. If they have a few groups they stick all the faster cars in 1 group etc to try and keep it even...they let you off in 5-10 sec intervals so traffic isnt usally an issue

check your fluids, brakes & make sure you have a full tank of fuel and you'll be in for a fun day

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Sat, 24 September 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be in for this. If there is an engine that works in my car then im there so put me down as a deffinate-if no engine f*ck ups
Azura_Beowulf
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Tue, 27 September 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn freakin work... can't get saturdays off...
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Fri, 30 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well weve got about 11 so far, most from the starlet club, a few gti club , n the odd couple from twincam Smile

if your a diffenet then let me know your car so i can add you to list Smile

looks like its going to be a good day.
so far the record for the track for our track days is 1.04 which was done by a 180sx
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Tue, 04 October 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be in for this if it is ok that i participate. Always wanted to get on the track to see what it is like. Couldn't see a cost of the day, so could someone help me out with that one? how much is it.

crok.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 06 October 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mob from Toyota Car Club Qld will be cruising out to Qld Raceway to watch youz folk in cation (plus cheer on some members: adamAW11 & monkeymajik)

We'll depart from Motorama Toyota 4x4xmore at Salisbury

What time are you grouping up at the track?

cheers,
Charles.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 06 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SWEET Smile

Well looks like this is going to be an awsome day much bigger than i first planned.

and now that we have the toyota car club qld cheer squad im sure will get a few more people just to watch u guys cheering

Booking payment and meetings spots extra will be organised shortly as i think this is gona need a bit more organised planning now we have alot of people comming.
stay tuned for updates

crokdee. of course u can participate, but be warned its addictive, once u go to the track ones and realy give your car a thrashing youl wana go back for more Smile
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Fri, 07 October 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am counting on giving the old girl a thrashing.... taking it to get dyno tuned and have a shift light put in....prob at the moment is timing....pinging like a bitch and i can't afford to get a timing light. dad might have one.....we'll see.

Anyway, dec 3rd is a good date...see people there.
Crok.
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 02 November 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this still happening, cuz i am up for a track day....always wanted to.

I will be in for sure.

Crok.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 02 November 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeh im still keen, the faster i can get my suzi on the road the faster i can transfer all parts into the track car. It should be well ready for december
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 02 November 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got some suspension gear on its way over from japan as we speak...might just have it ready in time. I'll come out regardless, even if its to cheer people on Very Happy
funkdoc
Regular

February 2003
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 03 November 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in aye...! Just confirming...we'll be running on the Sprint track right...?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 03 November 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELL YES its still going head !
ive just been busy with other stuff, but thats why we organised it 2 months early Smile

Ill be sorting out payment options next week, cause u get a 20 buck discount if u pay i think 3 days before the day !.

so $75 and then 20 bucks for your licence on the day or u can just pay the $95.. details comming soon Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 03 November 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota Car Club (aka the cheer squad) are driving to the track - leaving Salisbury Motorama at 11:30am to get to the track while the last drivers briefing sesion is underway.

We'll be the dorky mob with everything from TA22's to Hilux utes Razz

Club magazine has fearless's details for anyone wanting to compete (and they should probably head out much earlier to get thru scrutineering and driver briefing).

Don't know how many of us are coming but adam and keith (aka adamAw11 and mokeymajik) are club members and we're cheering them on!

see youz there!

btw: spectators are free? or do they cost as well?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Fri, 04 November 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its free to watch yes.

oh crap my numbers changed 0422096182
for anyone who need to contact me

its gona be a bloody awsome day for toyota !
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Fri, 04 November 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PAYMENT THREAD !!

http://www.austarletclub.com/forums/index.php?show topic=2453

OK i think theres only 4 of you from here thats actualy racing so it should be pretty easy.
Click on that link theres all the details , any problems just let me know Smile

Cant wait to see yous all there
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Sat, 05 November 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will most likely rock up on the day with cash if thats cool with you. I still have to get the car running but ill fill out a form now Very Happy
cleong
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Sun, 06 November 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it cost anything to just come out to watch and take photos? A 4A-FC isn't much good around the track nor is 13 inch skinny tires. Very Happy
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Mon, 07 November 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike, not at all thats not a problem Smile

Also I thought of another option if you want u can pay QLD raceway direct ! and also fax in your form. to do this go to their site or ring up.

Its free to watch but its not half as fun as racing Wink
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Mon, 07 November 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also told a good friend of mine this weekend about the event. If we have his 20v ke70 goin it will most likely enter too
bahnugget
Regular

August 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Tue, 08 November 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll say maybe at this stage pending getting my new engine in, if i come i'll be in a fairly stock ST162 celica.

how many laps/how long is each session?

how far apart are the sessions?

can you have a passenger in ur car?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Tue, 08 November 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u get 5 laps per session 1 warm up 5 timed laps and a cool down.
u can go as slow or fast as u want .

there was i think a 40 minute gap per session last time , it all depends on how many cars their are.

im not 100% sure if u can have a passenger ? im sure if they have a helmet it will be fine.

ok the rest of u on the list wat are yous doing ?
dont be shy if u cant come anymore cause it doesnt effect anyone else Smile I just need to know
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 09 November 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just faxed through my form.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 09 November 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm really would like to go, but am going away on the 3rd!!!! maybe we could drop in on the way through...

But don't count on it, although i may come for a watch and help out the TCC scream support.
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 10 November 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm definately coming, I should have my payment organised sometime next week.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 23 November 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well only 2 more to confirm from toymods !
thanx to those who have booked n payed allready,
Also if anyone is late u can always rock up on the day Smile
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 23 November 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Faxed the form and paid the fee.

ooohh its getting closer, only a week and a half to go now, I'm excited Very Happy
rads78
Newcomer

November 2005

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 24 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys... who should I contact if i wanna go and watch? Anybody driving from Brisbane to the race track? I would love to join but im totally new to this... so I guess, I would rather watch than wrecking my car and other people cars by doing some stupid stunts, I'm keen to go, observe and learn few tips from the drivers.

Cheers
Rads78
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 24 November 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont have to contact anyone Smile just come along on the day,
well organise meeting times etc closer to the date
rads78
Newcomer

November 2005

Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 24 November 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks fearless Smile Smile meet u guys there

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2005 22:57]

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Fri, 25 November 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn time flew by and i havent even touched my track hachi... Who votes i take my need for work hachi out?
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Sun, 27 November 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed on the QR site that they have a few different track layouts, any idea what layout this event will be?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Sun, 27 November 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time we used the paper clip track, im not sure if they change it every wknd or wat though, i will ask thought.

thats 1 vote from me for the hatchi

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 00:33]

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Tue, 29 November 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad Mad Mad Well arnt i the most pissed off man to ever live!
Not only do i have to work on saturday( no way out) but after work is the end of year christmas party! So i can't even come and watch later in the arvo! I was so keen, the first time i get to thrash my car on the race track! I supoose there is always next time but i was so looking forward to this. Crying or Very Sad I wish the rest of you guys the happiest of days.... Crying or Very Sad
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Wed, 30 November 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not as pissed as u would have been if u paid early and then realised u couldnt come haha,
will try and have as little fun as we can so u dont feel bad at work.. working.. while were thrashing around a track with no cops...Smile
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 01 December 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any word on meeting times or locations? Should the people entering just arrive at the track by a certain time?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 01 December 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok firstly michael with the gsr, your paying on the day ?
make sure u come and see me before u do, cause ive just had a word with the guys and i can still get u in for 20 bucks cheaper with those of us who have allready paid Smile and anyone else who is paying on the day.

ok driver breifing is at 12 so we will want to get there an hour before that or so , so we can get some coverd pit spots Smile

wat are the toymods cheer squad plans ? in regards to meeting times ?
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: queensland race way Track day 3rd DECEMBER Thu, 01 December 2005 02:06 Go to previous message
Fearless, Michael has actually sent his payment to QR already - he sent a money order to them along with the entry form.

As for the toyota club spectators, I think the arrangement is to meet outside motorama 4x4xmore at Salisbury to depart by 11:30am then cruise from there in a convoy.

So I guess we should arrive by 11am
That will be really cool if we get some covered pit spots

Monkeymagic, will I just see you at the track at 11:00?
If any of the drivers from brisbane want to meet up somewhere and arrive in a group I'd be up for that, otherwise I'll just see yas there Saturday morning.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 02:13]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Christmas Cruise - Toyota Car Club Qld - Sunday 11 December
Next Topic:New years eve cruise. anyone wanna join in?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:27:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092799663543701 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.