Toymods » The Outhouse » who has a dog as a pet? need advice

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 02:51 Go to next message
i've got a dog and im planning to register her this week
and the problem i have is should i de-sex her or not ?
  Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you don't want lots of dogs get her desexed
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How old is your dog?
What kind of dog is it?
I held off desexing my bitch because I wanted to get some $ back from her having pups. Two litters later I got her desexed and I think she is a lot happier and fitter now because of it. Sometimes if dogs are desexed when they are older it can fuck them up.
Depends if you can be stuffed breeding her. It's not a big deal for the dog to get desexed which is surprising considering what they (vets) do to em!.
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon it would be wise to desex her. They don't seem to bark as much and they are a lot calmer! And especially cos its a girl, cos she will get her monthly friends (if you know what i mean) and yeah.. Rolling Eyes and that may not be pleasant!
I've got a girl dog and shes been desexed but shes still crazy, so i can't imagine her if she wasn't desexed! She's so stupid it's funny! Very Happy
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That depends whether you care more about convenience or about the dogs personality, Getting them desexed will change their personality in ways that will depend upon the dog.

Personally I think saying it's not a big deal is like saying giving someone a lobotomy is not a big deal since they don't seem to complain much.

That said, it is better to desex 1 dog than drown 50 puppies you can't feed or get rid of. Your choice but it WILL change them.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless you're going to breed pups with your dog, get her desexed.

the argument about dogs being more placid/mature if they've had a litter before being sexed is dubious - but the best thing is to talk to owners of the same breed as your dog (and have a similar environment to our home).

what makes barking mad dogs isn't just their breeding, it's the home they live in, the way you treat and train them, the way you feed them, etc.

whetever you decide to do, be loyal to your dog as they'll repay the favour 100 times over... like our does Razz

when they're pups
http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/zhia_pup.jpg

and when they're slightly bigger
http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/zhia_bigger.jpg

Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed - if you dont want to breed her - get her done ..

if you have the facilitys to keep her safe and out of stray bioy doggss ways - and dont mind a mess every 3 - 4 montns - dont bother

it is recommended later in life to look at it thou - to ward off chances of infections and cancers
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think your better off getting her desexed i have had both of my dogs desexed and in there case i haven't noticed any difference in them but hay i might just be lucky Wink

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2089/img02293dy.th.jpg
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh k guys
thanx for the input
and i think im gonna desex my dog
i just wanted my dog to be a mother
and yeh
my dogs is half staffordshire bull terrier and half labrador
beauiful she is
but doesnt know any tricks and is very very picky on food
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
187_20v wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 22:27

oh k guys
thanx for the input
and i think im gonna desex my dog
i just wanted my dog to be a mother
and yeh
my dogs is half staffordshire bull terrier and half labrador
beauiful she is
but doesnt know any tricks and is very very picky on food

My old dog was heaps picky with food.. If we gave him heaps of left overs from our dinner plus his dinner which would have peas in it or any vegies we would go out to the laundry and there would be a trail of peas leading to his bowl with heaps of peas around his bowl.. its pretty funny that he could eat around them and spit them out, especially considering he had a huge mouth cos he was a Great Dane. He was the best dog EVER! oh i miss him Crying or Very Sad
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Sun, 28 August 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i couldnt have a picky eating dog...thats why i want another labrador...a walking, breathing food disposal unit Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Mon, 29 August 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh my teo dogs eat pretty much anything and they are little well ones not so little for his breed chihuhua cross jack russel cross shitzu. My wise sister had a chihuhua cross Jack russel and chihuhua cross shitzu she didn't think the male dog was furtile or that they were doing it but alas they had 4 puppies one died (fluid on the brain he was in so much pain constantly yelping and would walk round and round in circles).

One we sold and the other two my parents kept. They eat the kibble with some canned food mixed in, but will eat any left overs we have too, ie spag bol, pies, rice etc etc. They also hunt lizards and worms in ther backyard.

We got them desexed as soon as they were old enough and haven't had a problem and they are nearing two years old. they have pretty crap eyes though, they were digging in our capsicum plants and the male dog reacted to it vet picked it up after a couple of visits exactly the same reaction as a dog they had come in that copped some capsicum spray.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Mon, 29 August 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW I just wanted to clarify that I believe it's better to desex bitches after they have had a litter or two. I was not saying that my dog is happier just because it had been desexed.
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Mon, 29 August 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ive got another dog
but dont know what it is
cross chihuhua and rat i think coz it looks like a big rat sometimes hehehe
both are picky
they never eat cained foods so my mum have 2 cook them stuff
and they only like 2 eat bones and some dried dog food
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Mon, 29 August 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my dogs are fussy little things won't eat cooked chicken, only some times it will it raw chicken but it will eat KFC Question they eat a couple of other things too but most times thay stick there nose up at it bloody pom's Razz
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: who has a dog as a pet? need advice Tue, 30 August 2005 07:31 Go to previous message
Down here in good old Canberra you can't keep a whole bitch unless you have a breeder's license.

My dog was done as soon as she was old enough for it to be safe. She hardly changed at all, vet told me to keep her calm for a week. Anyone who knows Irish setters knows that calm isn't in her vocabulary.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:This website is amazing - Old School Photos!
Next Topic:LFS s2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:33:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073690414428711 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.