Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FullMetal
Regular

November 2004
How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 00:45 Go to next message
Hi I'm currently about to start a 4age conversion, and I got quoted $850 to install a commodore fuel pump and efi lines as part of the 4age install so it may include other things. I asked how much the pump was in that price and was told $170. Are these prices too high?
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got quoted $3500 for full in and out 4age conversion
could be more now due to (tak) tax Rolling Eyes
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that inluding them supplyin the engine??
FullMetal
Regular

November 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No the engine and engine installation etc is not part of that cost. I am going to call them back today to get more specifics of what they were doing efi wise but just wanted a general idea of a good price.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it includes a custom surge tank and lift pump as well then it could be about right, but if its just for efi lines and a commodore pump it seems over the top.

Chris
parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phew! I bought a complete AE82 twin cam fuel line with the fittings on each end for about $40 a few years back then spent a couple of shitty hours bending it to suit the AE86.
FullMetal
Regular

November 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just called the place and spoke to a different mechanic there and he agreed that was too expensive so I probably misheard the other guy! Still let me know what you have paid for this work so I don't get ripped off Smile
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your factory steel lines will be fine to be re-used, so the only bits which need replacing are the rubber hoses. Lets say 1m in total = approx. $30. Then $100-200 for the pump and maybe a couple of hours to fit and a couple of hours to wire (my labour times, a pro should do it in less) and you should come out less than the price quoted.

Or do it yourself with a surge tank and you'll still come out cheaper than that.

Hen
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz01 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 10:48

Is that inluding them supplyin the engine??

yup
note sure what kinda of stuff u get with it, ie. exhaust (maybe just addapted to 4ac exhaust), fuel setup, etc...
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah $850 is over the top. Mine so far has cost me, $30 ae92 intank pump, ae86 fuel tank (free: thanks peter Smile), ae82 efi fuel pump bracket(free from pickies) and about $30 in efi hosing.

Won't have a surge tank in it but this is for my cheap banger so i'll just make sure the tank is topped up properly. It is kinda annoying taking out/putting back in the fuel tank but i've managed to get it down to about 1 1/2h to get it out/in.

Oh and i needed the ae86 tank because this is going into an ae71... the bit where the hardlines go into is bigger in an 86 and will actually fit the intank pump. We found this out the hard way Mad

Eddie.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$40 for sv21 intank pump, about $50 for efi hose and "EFI" hoseclamps... an efi fuel filter and some poking and drilling (note: the drilling part was only necissary cos sv21 fuel cap (part where fuel goes in and out) was completely the wrong size... so don't use one).

what are you doing a 4age conversion for if you aren't doing it dodgily yourself? damn i can think of better ways to spend $$
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Wed, 31 August 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devolutio wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 00:48

what are you doing a 4age conversion for if you aren't doing it dodgily yourself?

so very true that is
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Thu, 01 September 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine ended up being free, apart from the high pressure hose, adaptors and hose clamps i bought.

i just used KOPDIS's old inline pump sucking on the carby line as it still worked, surges heaps less than devolutio's, only surges bad on empty light.

make sure you buy NORMA "proper" EFI clamps, if the place doesnt know what they are, go somewhere else.
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Thu, 01 September 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well mine cost me a tonne compared to some of you guys. I used an AE82 intank pump, surge tank, 10m (yes 10 metres!) of fuel hose and about 20 hose clamps. I re-used the steel lines but the surge tank killed me in fuel hose. Surge tank was $111, fuel hose was about $90 all up, fuel pump and bracket was $70, and hose clamps cost me like $10. Ext. pump was free.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much to pay for fuel pump and efi lines in ae86? Thu, 01 September 2005 09:32 Go to previous message
Mine consisted of an old carb electric pump as a lifter, old commodore pump to do the good work, a piece of old tailshaft which I welded ends onto for a surge tank, and a few $ in fittings, 2 filters and bits of hose. It still works, too...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 and 92 brake question
Next Topic:st185 grp a gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:56:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058548450469971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.