Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 21st September

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Fri, 26 August 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good stuff! Be good to catch up with you then.

Cheers
Phil
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Fri, 26 August 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be coming along to spectate Smile
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Fri, 26 August 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if you can have multiple drivers (ie 2 drivers) and if you can im guessing you would have to pay $45 for each driver, am i right?
A mate said he wants to take my rolla down the strip, and that he would pay for it Very Happy so i might go if we can have 2 drivers.

and do pit crew get in for free or for spectator fee?

BTW, if i dont race ill be willing to come as pit crew for someone Razz I have a wagon so can carry some spares and tools if needed.

cheers
chris
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Fri, 26 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoronaC wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:15

Does anyone know if you can have multiple drivers (ie 2 drivers) and if you can im guessing you would have to pay $45 for each driver, am i right?

Yes you can and yes it's another $45
Quote:

A mate said he wants to take my rolla down the strip, and that he would pay for it Very Happy so i might go if we can have 2 drivers.

Your mate is an ideas man! Does he want to drive mine too? Razz
Quote:

and do pit crew get in for free or for spectator fee?

Nothing is for free. I think that the pit crew/spectator price is $15
Quote:

BTW, if i dont race ill be willing to come as pit crew for someone Razz I have a wagon so can carry some spares and tools if needed.

cheers
chris

That is just a nice gesture
BTW the pit car is another $10 from memory.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Fri, 26 August 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

A mate said he wants to take my rolla down the strip, and that
he would pay for it Very Happy so i might go if we can have 2 drivers.

Your mate is an ideas man! Does he want to drive mine too? Razz

HAHA, yeah his the one that offered, I would still have to pay for petrol though Razz, you would let someone drive your rolla? in that case I might pay for you then Razz Very Happy

Quote:

Quote:

cheers
chris

That is just a nice gesture
BTW the pit car is another $10 from memory.

Ill probably just come in as a spectator then, but if i go might hold some spares if people need it.

cheers
chris
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Fri, 26 August 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Yello,

IIRC the last time i went (with the turbo AE71), toobs and I managed to get an extra driver for only $15 more? Something to do with the car being $30 to register, and each driver being $15 on top......
...perhaps the lovely "young" shaz thought i was cute....

either way - can i drive your car? Razz
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just when i thought i was ready im getting trans oil leaks i think from the cooler lines, getting it checked out atm so hopefully i can still be there.

If not i dont think its safe to go on the track Mad
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i'm out of this deal now guys, still a chance, but not sure at this stage Sad
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IM OUT

gearbox wont be back till tuesday., still have to put it in and get the car tech inspected. i am banking on following wednesday.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i'll still be going this wednesday, but not racing either... got ANOTHER air suspension leak somewhere Sad

EMP and others - if you go i will happily act as Mr Cameraman & pit crew and share the footage around Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im still going, to spectate!
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like i'm probably to join the embarrassing group of withdrawals....i snapped (well more like exploded) the spline off one of the rear CVs on Sat. Pulling out all stops to find a replacement so see how i go.

BTW pics of spline look nasty
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:54

Looks like i'm probably to join the embarrassing group of withdrawals....i snapped (well more like exploded) the spline off one of the rear CVs on Sat. Pulling out all stops to find a replacement so see how i go.

BTW pics of spline look nasty

Let me guess, your Avatar is the before pic Wink

Hope you get it sorted soon
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Nah, that sort of caper is fine, same with Wakefield...it was a freak no traction to lots of traction transition with bugger all throttle that did the damage.

Hope to be mobile again Wed but suspect i should only come to the drags with a trailer to ensure i can get home Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need BOB DRIVE!!!!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Mon, 29 August 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still awaiting a dual-mass flywheel for my baby...should be good for Septembers outing(Toyota Japan willing).
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok im back in, just loose trans cooler lines

yeeharr Wink
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well seeing as I have to take the night off work and a most of the ppl I want to see run have a question mark over them or bailed I probably will as well.

I'll probably head out the week after or see how many are showing on the 21st as ihave to take the night off for that to.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we get a show of hands who is definately going?

theres meant to be a little rain in the arvo but if its raining by 5 when i leave work i probly wont head out
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still in

there are a few other corollas from au.toyotaownersclub.com that have shown interest in running and spectating.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i am DEFINITELY going tomorrow night - but will not be racing (unless Draza wants me to take his car Razz)

Ill be heading to Blacktown maccas at 4.30pm. Meet anyone who wants to go there. Im looking for someone to pit crew for as well Smile
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still in, got new tyres yesterday so hopefully ill better my record again
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm planning on being there but unfortunately I am without a vehicle so no drags........ unless someone wants me to flog the date out of their car for em, in which case I am more than happy to do so.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 12:33

Ill be heading to Blacktown maccas at 4.30pm. Meet anyone who wants to go there. Im looking for someone to pit crew for as well Smile

cool what time will you be there till? i'll be in castle hill till 5 then was gona head off out there but could meet at the maccas, rob is meant to be pitting me need some more motivation from people to get him out

stupid poo head Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gun Evil or Very Mad

See you all there!!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does this mean im going to have to call Rob myself and "enthusiate" him??? hahaha

Was going to leave there at aboot 4.45pm or earlier. Basically depended on who/how many turns up and what they all want to do.

Im getting off work around 3.30pm in Silverwater, gotta pick up something in auburn... then heading to blacktown, maybe stop thru castle hill if there is time Smile

PM me if you dont have my number already.
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ScreaminRolla wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 12:41

im still in, got new tyres yesterday so hopefully ill better my record again

So I take it you'll be going for a fairly spirited drive tonight to take the glaze off them Dave?

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still in, not sure when ill finish work, some time between 3-6pm Confused

just be a muck around runs this time to get used to stuff, + no burnouts cause i want to drive home on my tires
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if EMP's going ill be ther fo shizzle bizzle!

aint no way im missing that thing run!

...plus havent taken the beast out in long enough.

guess ill just find ya in the pits emp....ill lend a hand if needed.

Cheers

Nathan
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys - if you havent got my mobile number already... send me PM.

I have also secured the digital video camera for tonight, so ill be hanging around a lot in the stands and pits, filming as many of us as possible... hopefully i can work out how to convert those into something of reasonable size or a DVD, and manage to keep sound synchronoisation....

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2005 23:34]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Tue, 30 August 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a few of us coming from the Coast to spectate, will try and catch up with everyone! Unfortunately I don't have my Dig Video Camera with me though Sad
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this sux very much but ive come down with a virl infection and wont be able to participate... Mad

was geared up and everything...GRRRRR
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't like the looks of these clouds, but i'm in hornsby.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm. Yeah it's supposed to rain today.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*please dont rain please dont rain*

Razz
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just looked at the wsid site and its been cancelled due to high winds and the threat of rain Sad

So i guess well have to make it next week
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111```~#

Karl is not happy.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAP!

Who is going next week then?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the bright side, I might be able to come next week. Smile Will there still be the whole reserved lane or whatever? Se if I can bring Rob as well. Very Happy
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUGGA!!!!

Now I have to put everything back on my car again...

I should be able to go next week. Will we still get the priority lane?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah wont be doing a Toymods lane until the 21st September, simply because im unsure of the numbers we will have next week.

I also dont think i can make it next week either Sad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh. That sucks. Might not go in that case. Sad
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 13:16

CRAP!

Who is going next week then?

me Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude if there is enough interest generated in the other thread (started by 1JZ.747) then ill see what i can do. It shouldnt stop you from going though!!!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know. I just cannot really afford to go more than once (probably) and I want to go when lots of other people, and having a dedicated lane would always help. Razz
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well i didnt have the fore thought to check i just went Crying or Very Sad

serve me right.

ill be there next week.
overboostin007
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Wed, 31 August 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be able to make it. Where abouts is it held exactly?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - 31st August & 21st September Thu, 01 September 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overboostin007 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 09:02

I should be able to make it. Where abouts is it held exactly?

Mate if you live in Gladstone QLD up near Bundaberg that it would be a fair hike for you as it's in Sydney, NSW Wink
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Tue, 06 September 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys... well im DEFINITELY going this wednesday night, 7th September, to watch 1JZ-747 hurl down the track and take some videos...

I wont be able to meet up before 6pm i rekon, cos i cant get the arvo off work, but ill sure as hell be going straight from work to WSID!!!

So is anyone still keen to race this wednesday?
** on such short notice, we wont really be able to organise a "toymods lane", and i dont think we will have enough people either..... we'll save this for the 21st.

See you on wed peoples Smile
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Tue, 06 September 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there Smile
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Tue, 06 September 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be at the maccas...
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Mon, 12 September 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what's the latest for the 21st?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Mon, 12 September 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant make it now due to work Sad
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Mon, 12 September 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno Justen, I'm going to be there, but heaven help me if I wind up lining up against you Embarassed
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Wed, 14 September 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be spectating on the 21st Wink
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Thu, 15 September 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still a goer but at this stage the canberra possie is a bit thin so i can't bring much gear with me ie i can't afford a breakage so will only be running street rubber
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 7th & 21st September Thu, 15 September 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im definitely going to be there on the 21st....

... wont be driving the crown this time, as i think it's too good an opportunity to miss videoing all the toymodders having a good old run Smile

Justen - when you get up this way, give me a yell and ill go in as pit crew for you. Videotaping will thus ensue from the burnout pads.... can also help out afterwards if things come unstuck...

COMON GUYS - ITS ONLY NEXT WEEK!!!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 21st September Fri, 16 September 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
water pump gone and dont think the 2jz pulley will be machined in time

this freakn sux im never gona get a chance to run the car Mad
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 21st September Sun, 18 September 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is going to sound a little wierd, but I don't much feel like dropping my clutch and doing massive burnouts, and wasting away my poor tyres, I'm just there for the 1/4 mile.

Is there anyway to drive around the burnout zone so I don't get my rear tyres wet and do a burnout on the line while I am trying to launch?
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toymods Winter Drag [racing] Nights - *UPDATE* 21st September Sun, 18 September 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ill be there wed night looking forward too it Smile
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Race SolutionS / HITman Dyno / Open Day!!!! 25th Sept (SYD)
Next Topic:Stolen Car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:00:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010838031768799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.