Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rjbaino
Newcomer

August 2005
91 celica front and rear bars Wed, 31 August 2005 02:34 Go to next message
First off, hi I'm new, be nice etc etc.

anyway, a few months ago my 91 celica sx was in a minor crash and the front and possible the rear bumpers need replacing. I'm wondering how much I'm looking at to get some 2nd hand stock parts and where you can buy them.

also, i went to a crash repair guy today, and he's giving me some weird information. I don't think my back bar needs replacing cause its prety much just scratched, but the guys telling me something along the lines of 'it will cost the same to get a 2nd hand bar to replace it than to strip this down and repaint it'. Now I'm assuming he's bullshitting me, cause obviously if you bought another bar you'd have to paint it again etc. So does anyone know of any good body repair guys in Melbourne, preferably near glen iris/camberwell?

thanks.
Richard.
  Send a private message to this user    
Paranoid Android
Regular

August 2005
Re: 91 celica front and rear bars Wed, 31 August 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe he is bullshitting you,

i got a similar line from a smash repairer who basically told me that every part that was bent or broken needed to be taken off and new parts from japan shipped over, quoted me $4500 + GST...

well i got it back on the road in 2 days for about $500 Laughing

if its just the front and rear bars, and nothing mechanical or structural it should break down like this.

undamaged used frontbar probly cost you $100 and an undamaged rear bar will set you back about $80(not too sure about this one as ive never had to buy a rear, i just live with the scratches).

you should consider that toyota sell stock frontbars for $330. i like to phone up toyota parts to get some prices before i start doing something as abit of motivation.

you can get frontbars for heaps cheap if you are willing to buy a slightly damaged one and fix it up, how damaged is yours? if you can bog, file, sand and prime that you should save a bit. i'm actually trying to get rid of some damaged frontbars, one is $20 the other is free, but im in sydney.

otherwise you might get a spray shop to do the prime and spray. for the paint $100, $150 is cheap but you could spend up to $400 depending on where you go, i have a few contacts in sydney that i get my parts done at, but thats just the top coats.

and ask them for any left over paint, they cant really use it and its a very good thing to have in supply.

and never trust a first quote Smile
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: 91 celica front and rear bars Wed, 31 August 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a front and rear bar on e-bay. Apparently they are new and only new a quick prep prior to painting.

Hope this helps.

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: 91 celica front and rear bars Wed, 31 August 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a front and rear bar on e-bay. Apparently they are new and only new a quick prep prior to painting.

Hope this helps.

rjbaino
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: 91 celica front and rear bars Thu, 01 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous message
thanks i'll look into that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FOUND, PLEASE DELETE
Next Topic:Wtd: 5m crank shaft for Celica Supra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:41:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055370330810547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.