Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mylespowell
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Wed, 31 August 2005 06:24 Go to next message
I am trying to find wire colours and the pin out on the A/C compressor of my AE93 SX Corolla. Non of the wiring diagrams show the A/C. There are five wires going in, 4 are connected.

I know B/W should be the AC clutch which I think is pin 2.

Anyone know the layout and colours of the A/C compressor connector or where there is an electronic copy of A/C wiring diagram?

Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Wed, 31 August 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has the car had a conversion done to it

is it a 20v compressor

some guys who do abit of the wiring for these have no idea about the a/c wiring

if had to fix afew
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Wed, 31 August 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i worked it all out for myself....

what are you trying to achieve, then perhaps i can help
mylespowell
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Wed, 31 August 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to connect the A/C to the 20valve black cover loom.

As I have cut the old plug, I have lost which colour wires go where on the A/C compressor..
bmgtz
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Wed, 31 August 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gday
I recently bought a half cut black top 20v and upon getting it home and running it I learned the ac clutch was bent in the prang the car had before being wrecked in japan. This I thought to be a problem until a bit on investigation revealed that the Ae 93 sx compressor would fit straight up to the 20v mount....hmm.......ok thinks I lets just strip out the ac wiring from the original ae93 harness and integrate it to the harness of the 20v along with reverse wires and the standard charging circuit and alternator which also bolted straight on.

result was good all worked fine. I noted that the 20v harnsess had 2 wires from the ac computer thingo to the ECU where the ae93 had just 1 so after a bit of research I found the blacktop manual that shows theses pin voltages and they are much lower that the ae93 which is 12v. the only wire that went to the ECU on the ae93 is black/white. this wire seems to let the computer know the ac is on not sure why. On the 20v the cooling fans and the idle speed are computer controlled whereas on the ae93 the idle speed is controlled by the air bypass on the passenger side in the engine bay. Anyway it all worked although the idle does come down to 900rpm with the ac on even with the air screw all the way out.....it just acts like an air leak in the manifold.... I connected the hose to one of the lines that went to the brake booster

hey you could email me if this doesn't make sense

cheers bm
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Wed, 31 August 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes 110% sense to me - that's what i would've done. This also avoids you having to regas the aircon system too Very Happy

mylespowell
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Air Con wire colours and pinouts on AE93 SX Corolla? Thu, 01 September 2005 11:07 Go to previous message
It's a 16 Valve compressor. I think I just need the pin outs for the compressor connector (16 valve loom connection).

It's a 6 pin connector with five wires of which four are used.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:megasquirt ecu
Next Topic:ae82 and 92 brake question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 16:27:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068790912628174 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.