Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after seeing that on ebay i think id be selling myself short for the price i was considering

hey marty, hows the post count going? haha

oh, movies 2nite, come along, Lordz of Dogtown Smiley =
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah nw when you picking me up Laughing Laughing
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car's already full Very Happy
im sure ur italian loving friend can pick u up

whats the latest with that clutch of urs??
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah was jk my sis is going to take me she might even come for the ride....

The clutch hrrm well the ceramic button chewed my flywheel and pressure plate.. Flywheel had to be machined and a new pressure plate sourced for $355 ouch....
Exedy said this was normal so ive gotta try not to slip it anymore.....

Should get it back by the end of the week if the mechanic gets his act together...

What time we off to the movies???
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sms sent...

Ouch yeah thats pretty pricey, guess its the price u haved to pay when ur aiming for 10000KW, sorry 450, haha
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had more than a few thoughts about contacting the guy in Tassy about that car 4agte... Smile That car has been on ebay for months he use to have $12k buy it now and ive seen the car listed elsewhere online for $14k. Heh, at $10,500 i might have actually contacted him.

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pentrite LimSlip 90 gets my thumbs up. Wink
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can guarentee you REDLINE MT90 is the fucking bestest gearbox oil ever. Will make your box smooth like fats mangina.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 19:07

I had more than a few thoughts about contacting the guy in Tassy about that car 4agte... Smile That car has been on ebay for months he use to have $12k buy it now and ive seen the car listed elsewhere online for $14k. Heh, at $10,500 i might have actually contacted him.

yeah looks ok for $10.5k
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mighty_boy wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 18:03

sms sent...

Ouch yeah thats pretty pricey, guess its the price u haved to pay when ur aiming for 10000KW, sorry 450, haha

yeah well its the price you pay for greatness Wink
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 30 August 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers everybody for the gearbox oil info looks like ill have a choice to make Very Happy
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems all im doing on this thread is asking questions Rolling Eyes

Toyota dont have any of the SC Belts in stock Australia wide for the early ZE , They have the later ZE belts in stock but would these be to long for the early ZE ? as the later ZE has the smaller SC pulley

Anyone know any aftermarket SC Belt part numbers that will suit early ZE ?
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man,

What an emotional rollercoaster regarding the sale of the NA.

The guy rings up yesterday and says he has changed his mind.....after i had put on the BLING wheels for him Mad ...anyway i think sweet i get to hold onto it a bit longer...handles really well with the 16s actually, better than the SC ?????? also looks pretty PHAT as well with the 215s and 225s Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Anyway 10 mins later another guy from brisbane rings up and says he wants the car and is flying down this Saturday......but guess what.....he want the original tear drops aaaarrrgggghhh Mad Mad

Got everything to make the spoiler now and materials for at least one maybe 2 more so start bidding Laughing Laughing

Now all i have to do is find some time to actually start making it Crying or Very Sad
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 17:30

thought this might be worth a look if some1 is considering buying an sc maybee from interstate

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-MR2-sports-coupe-SUP ERCHARGED_W0QQitemZ4570465695QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice colour Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are right this thing has been up for some time, pity its in Tassy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mighty_boy wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 17:31

gun metal: id be interested to hear how things go with the front bar... provided i can find some time lying around somewhere i want to pull the front of mine off and remove the bog and dodgy bits and start from scratch...

how many people have had the middle section crack or come apart from the rest of the front bar?
i think if i can resin that back together hopefully it shouldnt scape as much as it does... seems to really pull the rest of the bar down at the moment.

Got a new clutch installed just recently, just a standard replacement but seems to hold up pretty well Smiley =

No probs,

the lip on the NA also has a small tear so i can relate, however the SC looks very good except for the two drill holes in the bottem where the previous owner put the number plate.

EVERYONE,

Does anyone have a really crappy/torn up faded lip spoiler they dont want or know where i can get one from ??

My plan is to use the factory lip as a starting point, glue / attach the eurathane foam to it, shape it the way we want it then make a proper gel coat plug. This way we can make some high quality copies more easily, and hopefully to a finish where it can just be painted and bolted on.....well thats the plan anyway.

i would use the spoiler from the NA even tho its pretty good but i dont think the purchaser is going to be very pleased to rock up with the car sans spoiler Laughing

anyway let me know ASAP then i can start my evil work hahaha Evil or Very Mad
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 12:58

Man,

The guy rings up yesterday and says he has changed his mind.....after i had put on the BLING wheels for him Mad ...anyway i think sweet i get to hold onto it a bit longer...handles really well with the 16s actually, better than the SC ?????? also looks pretty PHAT as well with the 215s and 225s Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Anyway 10 mins later another guy from brisbane rings up and says he wants the car and is flying down this Saturday......but guess what.....he want the original tear drops aaaarrrgggghhh Mad Mad

well its good to hear that atleast you have someone who wants to buy the n/a for the price you want i guess good things come to those who wait Very Happy

I would offer you my front lip but your mould would end up crooked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 12:48

Toyota dont have any of the SC Belts in stock Australia wide for the early ZE , They have the later ZE belts in stock but would these be to long for the early ZE ? as the later ZE has the smaller SC pulley

I can't remember the number, but, if you hook a string around the pulleys, you can measure the length. Then just go to a car parts place and ask for a 5PK-(length in mm), it's something like this..

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 04:15]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you can just take the original belt (if you have it)to your local auto store and ask for the same belt....

Thats what i did and was no problem cost a damn sight less than a toyota part too.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 13:54

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 12:58

Man,

well its good to hear that atleast you have someone who wants to buy the n/a for the price you want i guess good things come to those who wait Very Happy

I would offer you my front lip but your mould would end up crooked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yep i suppose you are right about the sale.

regarding the lip, it does not matter if it is bent or what ever.

I intend on making a support frame to keep it square etc and then sticking on the eurathane etc. I just need the original so it will help dimensionally and locate all the factory mounting points with the tabs etc...when can i pick it up ?

Note if you get it back at all i can not vouch for it being any better. However if the new one turns out well i will give you a good price for it Laughing Laughing

My only other option at this stage is to take a mold of the good spoiler i have on the SC then make a fibre glass one from that one. It just easier and cheaper to do it the other way. also it could weel damage the good spoiler in the process of making the mold.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 04:35]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the spoiler should be ok if your making a mould.....

I kind of need the spoiler for my car but your more than welcome when i visit next time to take it off and use it for whatever its not like its going to look any wore than it allready does...
so your going to bond the shaping foam to the original spoiler then glass over the whole thing???
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gunmetal: we have one front lip from erins and really needs replacing and is pretty shagged. ill check with her but im sure if you are uysing it to make up a replacement it she would part with it. ill check with her tonight.

it has one tear in it and is in gebnerally pretty average shape.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup just spoke to erin. no probs scott. save ruining one that is still usable. this one will get you the shape but it isnt really suitable for putting on the car
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 31 August 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate found the number on the standard Toyota belt 5PK950

Ben Wilson wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 14:14

1200det wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 12:48

I can't remember the number, but, if you hook a string around the pulleys, you can measure the length. Then just go to a car parts place and ask for a 5PK-(length in mm), it's something like this..

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte/toof/mrs,

thanks for the generous offer for donating the lips. Can you both just let me know if either of you will be heading somewhere in my direction soon. If its in the next couple of days that will be good otherwise i am just going to use the one of the NA.

Can you believe the last dood from brisbane has also just pulled the pin !!! So at this stage i dont have any firm offers again Very Happy Sad Smile Rolling Eyes Shocked Mad Laughing Razz Laughing Laughing

So at this stage if someone is intersted in either of the cars i will just swap the lips.

Just to clarify what i have in mind is this.

While the lip is on the car simply using some hot glue from a glue gun stick on some urethane foam where i want to build it up / out etc.

Then get out the shaping tools and using all my skill and artistic flair, shape it to the desired look and dimensions.

Take a few pics and see what people think of the shape etc then once we have the final shape where most people seem happy lay some glass over the top then using normal body repair materials ie bog and spray putty etc make it look like like the finished product.

Then take it off the car and make a propper reinforced gelcote plug, that is a reverse of the design. Then we can make as many copies as we like......hopefully then all things going well i can produce good copies with a gelcoat finish that will simply require finish painting only then you can all place your orders Very Happy
ChunksNensja
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple of weeks ago the RACV guy was around changing my battery (freebie under warranty) and he mentioned that there was an MR2-only day thats held at Phillip Island. I checked the AusMR2 club and the track day section on here and I can't find any mention of it. Anyone know anything about it?
And I'm pretty sure he wasn't just talking out his arse because he said he goes down there a lot to race his Ferrari 308 GTS. Since when did RACV battery techs earn enough to race Ferraris!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good would love to have a fang around phillip island Evil or Very Mad

As for the RACV guy not affording a 308 GTS well these things are not quite as expensive as they once were. But as you say on a RACV wage......well you would definitely need to be an enthusiest.....but who knows what sort of investments and the like he may have
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a 308 gts is only like 50k these days
ChunksNensja
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 19:46

well a 308 gts is only like 50k these days

But racing it would certainly kill you for repairs
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you only raced it the you probably wouldnt be putting alot of kays on it
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 16:29

While the lip is on the car simply using some hot glue from a glue gun stick on some urethane foam where i want to build it up / out etc.

Then get out the shaping tools and using all my skill and artistic flair, shape it to the desired look and dimensions.

Take a few pics and see what people think of the shape etc then once we have the final shape where most people seem happy lay some glass over the top then using normal body repair materials ie bog and spray putty etc make it look like like the finished product.

Then take it off the car and make a propper reinforced gelcote plug, that is a reverse of the design. Then we can make as many copies as we like......hopefully then all things going well i can produce good copies with a gelcoat finish that will simply require finish painting only then you can all place your orders Very Happy

you have been taking notes.... Wink
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 21:52

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 16:29

you have been taking notes.... Wink

Yes Obi Wan......you have taught me well !!

I was just saying to toof i spent about 4 hours on it tonight and achieved nothing.....well maybe 1% of it Rolling Eyes Surprised how long did it take you to make the nose cone and all the engine compartment stuff ????

i appreciate the tutorials and the inspiration Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone pray, PRAY FOR ME. If you pray, you get a ride. a MOUSTACHE ride.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 23:59

[I was just saying to toof i spent about 4 hours on it tonight and achieved nothing.....well maybe 1% of it Rolling Eyes Surprised how long did it take you to make the nose cone and all the engine compartment stuff ????

some of it was done in bits over days as to if i felt like going down the shed to do stuff. so i cannot really give a time.
what did you attemt to do in that 4 hours?

may the motivational ghetto inspiration force be with you.... Evil or Very Mad
(i sure know i need some at the moment). Crying or Very Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 00:45

i'm praying for you, does that mean you will come up and take me for a ride??? Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 00:45

im praying and i call first dibbs Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 01 September 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes Obi Wan......you have taught me well !!

I was just saying to toof i spent about 4 hours on it tonight and achieved nothing.....well maybe 1% of it Rolling Eyes Surprised how long did it take you to make the nose cone and all the engine compartment stuff ????

i appreciate the tutorials and the inspiration Very Happy

scott like all bodywork its all in the preperation the more time you take making the mould perfect the better the end result...
I wish i could come by this weekend but the stoopid mechanic didnt tighten my s/c belt so its sqealing like a 12yr old school!!!!

so ill have to fix that b4 i go anywhere. Looks like i might just slap the turbo on straight away and be done with it
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 02 September 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 06:41

[I was just saying to toof i spent about 4 hours on it tonight and achieved nothing.....well maybe 1% of it Rolling Eyes Surprised how long did it take you to make the nose cone and all the engine compartment stuff ????

some of it was done in bits over days as to if i felt like going down the shed to do stuff. so i cannot really give a time.
what did you attemt to do in that 4 hours?

may the motivational ghetto inspiration force be with you.... Evil or Very Mad
(i sure know i need some at the moment). Crying or Very Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well i cut some of the 50mm foam roughly to size prob only about 1/8 of the lip with a hack saw its real easy to cut, used some double sided tape and stuck it on just to see how it would look and check for ground clearance.....i do actually want to be able to drive it out the garage Very Happy

My crappy windows 98 wont allow me to run the digital camera software to down load the pics so i will have to down load it next time i am at work..... i seriously need to get a computer upgrade, this one is nearly nine years old Shocked Embarassed

What i have done is built up on some 1600x600 particle board nailed on some 10x10mm strips the plan of the lip and jacked it up under the car. Then i am simply sitting the foam on the board and bending the foam to the lip and shaping as i go. that way it should all be square and symetrical......hopefully.

And dont worry i am absolutely using the GHETTO FORCE Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 02 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if they come up good man, count me in for one. Mine has a big tear in it, and my old one I made for the red mr2 was a bit dodgy, you could see the joins at either side. But I still have it in my garage if it comes to it Laughing

so guys are you still all planning on coming for the run with toymods on the 11th sept down to nowra through kangaroo valley?

I'll be there with the ccg, I am the only mr2 on the run with our club, gonna have to show these boys how to take the tight mountain passes Laughing Rolling Eyes Very Happy
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 02 September 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11th september is the MR2 club spring run. i think ill be heading to that,.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 02 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car wont be ready Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 02 September 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 07:39

I wish i could come by this weekend but the stoopid mechanic didnt tighten my s/c belt so its sqealing like a 12yr old school!!!!

come on man, a 5 minute job to tighten the fugin s/c belt.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 03 September 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 21:51

Feral, i think his prob is a little bit more that the SC belt Laughing

Anyway martin i like the comment about the 12 yr old but i have a new one for you.

" it was screaming like a 3 week old !! " Mad Laughing Laughing

I reiterate i have never had a prob with the SC belt slipping....am i just lucky or do i just tighten it up to the point just before it SNAPS Shocked Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

On another point : regarding the Coil Overs, i have found a crowd that import and work on tein. They are going to sus out if they can find some old stock of AW11 at the moment they only have stock of SW20 onwards. Anyway they should be about $2000 and they can provide them with what ever rate springs we want...they can also revalve the dampers to suit Very Happy

Also got some good $ on brand new Bride race seats $ 790.

One of the SW20 owners i had been racing with had this model and i rate them highly...this looks like a good price from what i have seen
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 03 September 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 10:22

feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 21:51

Feral, i think his prob is a little bit more that the SC belt Laughing

Anyway martin i like the comment about the 12 yr old but i have a new one for you.

" it was screaming like a 3 week old !! " Mad Laughing Laughing

I reiterate i have never had a prob with the SC belt slipping....am i just lucky or do i just tighten it up to the point just before it SNAPS Shocked Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

On another point : regarding the Coil Overs, i have found a crowd that import and work on tein. They are going to sus out if they can find some old stock of AW11 at the moment they only have stock of SW20 onwards. Anyway they should be about $2000 and they can provide them with what ever rate springs we want...they can also revalve the dampers to suit Very Happy
Also got some good $ on brand new Bride race seats $ 790.

One of the SW20 owners i had been racing with had this model and i rate them highly...this looks like a good price from what i have seen

hahahah i like the baby one Laughing Laughing Laughing

mmmm tein looks like ill have to start saving... Tein are rebuildable arent they????

About the bride are they addr approved seats?????

if they are ill have to save a little more Laughing Laughing

Yeah its a little more complicated with my car because when i first had the new engine in the s/c pulley idler pulley came off and we used a different type nut which sits further in the idler pulley so its impossible to get to with spanners so im going to have to weld a socket to an unused spanner so that i can loosen the idler pulley so it will be a couple of hr job id say but im going to get stuck into it today
robbrissy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know what sort of seat cover fits well for AW11 ?
I was just down at local super cheap thinking it cant be that complex. [groan]

I mainly want them because I noticed a bit of the piping on the drive seat is exposed on the right bolster. Not particularly surprising since it seems like its the highest rub point getting in and out.

Rob

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep the teins are rebuildable and this place can do all the work Very Happy

As for the bride seats being ADR approved from what i understand they are but will certainly double check befor purchase.

As the the Ghetto fix on the SC Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry

OK i will hopefully post the pix of the new lip spoiler later today.

What i want to know is how many people are interested in getting one.

Obviously you are going to want to see a quality product which is what i am aiming for.

So once you see the pics send me a PM with how interested you are and if you have any comments on the design, i need to know now before i put any glass on the top so its still easy to change.

the main thing to note is that its about 10-15mm lower and 50-60mm further forward.

Also let me know if you want to brake ducts or not and what you think of the shape, i am more than happy for any feedback with photo shop mods or whatever to get the point across.

at this stage if most people dont want the brake ducts i will leave them out.....you could always cut them in later to your own taste.

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbrissy wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 12:14

Anyone know what sort of seat cover fits well for AW11 ?
I was just down at local super cheap thinking it cant be that complex. [groan]

I mainly want them because I noticed a bit of the piping on the drive seat is exposed on the right bolster. Not particularly surprising since it seems like its the highest rub point getting in and out.

Rob

seat covers are a bastard, i hate when someone comes into work looking for seat covers. most times now with the newer cars they all gotta be custom made (which is the case for the aw11).
you could try a universal low bucket seat cover that comes with seperate head rests, will be tight to pull it over the seat but will kinda wear to the shape of the seat after a while. (30/45 is normaly the industry size/part number).

my drivers seat suffers the same wear spot as yours. Sad
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh rob, are you doing anything on sept 18th?
i have the Mr2 club display at the jamboree happening and am looking for who is interested in displaying their 2. (bit short notice i know, but i not long got the comfirmation from the Jamboree dudes).
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 12:30

yep the teins are rebuildable and this place can do all the work Very Happy

As for the bride seats being ADR approved from what i understand they are but will certainly double check befor purchase.

As the the Ghetto fix on the SC Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry

OK i will hopefully post the pix of the new lip spoiler later today.

What i want to know is how many people are interested in getting one.

Obviously you are going to want to see a quality product which is what i am aiming for.

So once you see the pics send me a PM with how interested you are and if you have any comments on the design, i need to know now before i put any glass on the top so its still easy to change.

the main thing to note is that its about 10-15mm lower and 50-60mm further forward.

Also let me know if you want to brake ducts or not and what you think of the shape, i am more than happy for any feedback with photo shop mods or whatever to get the point across.

at this stage if most people dont want the brake ducts i will leave them out.....you could always cut them in later to your own taste.

wicked id love a set of teins!!!!!

Im in for the spoiler too how much do you think they will cost???

As for the ghetto fix while i was looking for a cheap 17mm socket i found a really neat stanley socket set where the socket sits inside the ring spanner rachet thingy... Has heaps of clearance and they only cost 15 buks so worked out better than welding something...

I would like ducts for the brakes but id be keen to see how it will look first...

Im going to start pulling my lsd gearbox apart today to see what i can mix and match to make one good gearbox the one that charliemr2 sold me which im sure he will be pleased to hear wasnt lsd after all but for $100 i cant complain.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here are the day 1 pics of the LIP Very Happy http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/8523/day1centretop4ey.th.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5012/day1centre5bw.th.jpg
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres day 2
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2396/cornerwithends8hm.th.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2596/sidewithends0sc.th.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3381/topwithends6zz.th.jpg
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coming along nicely mate, Very interested to see finished product!!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2005 07:59]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres today
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6010/nearlythere5tf.th.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/3864/day3side1kv.th.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8089/day3topside6kf.th.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/5791/day3rightcorner3ju.th.jpg

Let me know if you want any alteration done before i start glassing on tuesday.

The pics dont really show how big it is, but check the number plate shots. The lip nearly prodrudes as far as the bumper
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow scott thats looking awesome!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i can see where you were planing to put the brake ducts im still undecided about them tho..

I started to pull my lsd gearbox apart today as im going to put the synchros from my other gearbox into the lsd one or i might even put some upgraded synchros into it and some new bearings etc so here are some pics of 5th gear as it looks like ill need a puller set to remove 5th so progress is halted for a couple of weeks it will be interesting to see the state of the synchros when i can get it apart 5th gear looks in good nick so thats a start

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/7743/img15049le.jpg

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8937/img15053pb.jpg

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/720/img15078xr.jpg

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4937/img15015ad.jpg

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys does anyone need anything from www.twosrus.com i need to order a few bits and pieces. to bundle up freight if anyone needs anything just pm me. ill probaly be putting the order through on monday night or tuesday.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that lip is coming along great Smile , some 80 grit sand paper (the yellow stuff) makes for easy shapeing around the edges etc..

i finaly got down the shed today too, yesterday arvo after work was a waste as i got stuck into the VB's and got horridly drunk. i didnt get down the shed til mid morning today as i wasnt feeling very well.... Embarassed

when i finaly felt better i did a little more on my ghetto heat exchanger i am making from a section of a VN aluminium radiator.
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9024/newheatexch11wq.th.jpghttp://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3615/newheatexch39bg.th.jpg

now here it gets real ghetto by useing plastic 20mm barbs courtesy of Bunnings and a twin tube doobie of Loctite e-poxy glue from work. Evil or Very Mad
i drilled holes in the side of the end tanks and glued the barbs into them.
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5018/endtankhole25ag.th.jpghttp://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5003/barbendtank12gx.th.jpghttp://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1599/endtankbard10bl.th.jpg

blocked up the end tanks with a peice of plastic e-poxied in there.
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/271/hexchendcap17zh.th.jpg

old with the new.
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5559/oldandnewhexch4wl.th.jpg

the new heat exchanger in place. i still need to remove the old one completely (see it dangling underneathe.. hehe) and hook it all up to the 20mm pipeing i have there on the old one.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9766/newhexhfront19iz.th.jpg

here's the new heat exchanger in place with my very ghetto copy of the feral's front spoiler i started trying to make a couple weeks ago.
http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/1561/newspoilerandexch7zu.th.jpghttp://img331.imageshack.us/img331/5263/newspoilerandexchlow4sn.th.jpg
i have to get this all ready in the next 2 weeks for the Jamboree display.... Shocked
would be good if i didnt have to work this w/end coming, means i gotta get down the shed each night after work and go hard.. Rolling Eyes
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin,

I am glad to see you pulling the box apart, is this the first one ? Just dont loose any of the pieces Very Happy
Will be very interested to hear/see the results

Feral,

That heat exchanger has turned out really well....looks very light also Very Happy . have you or are you going to pressure test it ??

Also that spoiler is HUUUUGE Laughing Laughing especially after spending the last 3 days getting up close and personal to the frontof my car Very Happy ..there is know yay you could make it into my garage....1/2 the spoiler would end up in the driveway Crying or Very Sad

by the way the 80 grade works a treat.........EXCEPT it is getting clogged with the glue. Also the urethane is soft and the glue is hard making it difficult...no make that impossible to smooth evenly at the joints
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 20:40

i finaly got down the shed today too, yesterday arvo after work was a waste as i got stuck into the VB's and got horridly drunk. i didnt get down the shed til mid morning today as i wasnt feeling very well.... Embarassed

i know the feeling
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 22:00

Martin,

I am glad to see you pulling the box apart, is this the first one ? Just dont loose any of the pieces Very Happy
Will be very interested to hear/see the results

hahah yeah ill try not to i have everything in plastic bags so it shouldnt be a problem especially with the workshop manual.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 04 September 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 22:00

Feral,

That heat exchanger has turned out really well....looks very light also Very Happy . have you or are you going to pressure test it ??

Also that spoiler is HUUUUGE Laughing Laughing especially after spending the last 3 days getting up close and personal to the frontof my car Very Happy ..there is know yay you could make it into my garage....1/2 the spoiler would end up in the driveway Crying or Very Sad

by the way the 80 grade works a treat.........EXCEPT it is getting clogged with the glue. Also the urethane is soft and the glue is hard making it difficult...no make that impossible to smooth evenly at the joints

yeah the hot glue sux like that, i always make sure i dont allow it to squeeze to the outside. you only need a small amount to hold the foam together. best way to rid yourself of the glue on the outter bits your sanding is cut it away with a blade (them old style razor blades work well).

i havnt pressure tested it, will probably just leak test it when i am ready. it is very light (as is the new spoiler), but will probably be heavier than the a/c condensor once full of coolant with the end tanks.

the front spoiler is the same size it's always been. i can get up a lot of places you wouldnt think, it just takes practise to get the right entry angle. Wink

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 05 September 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thanks for the encouragement.

i have been studying the BC lip again and got some better shots of it.

The centre section is slightly convex and the ends and corners are slightly concave (as is the factory lip) the side plates are actually a fair bit wider as well.

So after seeing ferals pics i am going to make it a bit phatter Very Happy

I am aiming to end up with something more like this:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1198/bkitbuddyclub03ontwotoneorigin.th.jpg

I think the cost is going to be around the $300-$400 mark, it will be a simple paint and bolt on exercise, using all the existing mounting points. I plan on using black getcoat, its specifically developed for automotive use and is a bit more flexible.....just for spoilers Very Happy

Looking at these side skirts i may have a go at making these as well.
Pages (84): [ «  <  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:38:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022287845611572 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.