Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thesecondtime
Newcomer

January 2005
WTB AE86 Sprinter Tue, 30 August 2005 08:49 Go to next message
Hey,

I've been looking for an 86 for some time now and I'm finding it quite difficult to find what I'm after.

I'm searching for an example with little to no rust (I am willing to deal with some rust however - it's almost to be expected). I'm not too fussed with the interior but obviously the cleaner the better.

Engine wise I'm not searching for anything more than a 4AGE, mainly for insurance reasons. A 4AC would be good or if someone had an 86 with a good body but no engine thats still ok.

Basically I'm searching fairly stock, fairly clean sprinter, I am willing to put work into it but not to pour thousands of dollars into it (I am a student Razz) I'm located in brisbane and would prefer something local but for the right car I am willing to travel.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
thesecondtime
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Thu, 01 September 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump + I'm no tyre kicker
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Thu, 01 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are u willing to pay for a 4ag sprinter?
did u even actually read some For Sale post?

thesecondtime
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Fri, 02 September 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i've read for sale posts, many of them...

I'm hoping to pay less then 6k depending on condition, other mods, how far i have to go to get it etc but i'll probably be looking for awhile

I didnt't really want to post a WTB 86 thread, every second person does it and then they never want to actually buy a car
I most certainly do want to buy a car and have the money, I was just trying to speed up the process
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Fri, 02 September 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raise that 6 grand to 6500 and buy satoshi's worth the money.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Fri, 02 September 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+ 500 freight which I don't think is worth complaining about seeing as they're bringin you a car

and then get satoshi's car Smile
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Fri, 02 September 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for under 6K your only going to get a POS 4AGE sprinter that will need money spent on it, its funny with sprinters, they either cost 3-4K stock 4AC or 6K+ with 4AGE there is nothing much in between.

Spend 3-4K and buy a nice straight clean stocker 4AC or one with afew simple mods and eventually build it up, dont buy a shitter for 2K cause it will cost your an arm and a leg to get it all perfect with paint, suspension, lsd, engine etc. etc. etc.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Fri, 02 September 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my advice..if no money..dont get cars in demand or low in supply.

no offence..but don't expect sprinters to fall on your lap. You either pay for (i'm driving a rare car status) or dont get them at all..

my 2cents
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Fri, 02 September 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 00:31

my advice..if no money..dont get cars in demand or low in supply.

true but then if he needs a car there's no point in paying almost the amount for a car that he's unhappy with
thesecondtime
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: WTB AE86 Sprinter Sat, 03 September 2005 02:04 Go to previous message
Thanks for the advice,
I'll just have to keep my eyes well open
Here's to finding a sprinter!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Expression of interest - Sprinter
Next Topic:1972 rn10 hilux