Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Busted on the soul train...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Busted on the soul train... Fri, 05 August 2005 23:37 Go to next message
Last night I was heading out to a work staff party... I had a 6 pack and I was finishing off my last on the train before we got to the pub/hotel thing...

This guy and a girl walked onto the train and the guy stopped and stared at me (im thinking whats this guys fuckin problem) then he said "can I ask you to step off the train" and flashed me his Transit Police badge...

I "didnt" have Id... (keep in mind im 17) but I gave a birthdate that would have made me 18... He got my name from my concession card and all of the other details he got from me... He decided not to give me an on-the-spot fine and said It will be sent out next week, He told me all the ways I could appeal to have the fine lifted and let me finish my last drink outside the station...

I talked to a station manager the next station up and he said that it sounded like the officer was just trying to scare me into not doing it again...

If I appeal I will either go for the "i was trying to act cool and its my first offence" or the "i lost my wallet about a month ago, so someone could have used my name and address and you didnt see photo id so prove it was me" excuse...

Any transit officers on here??? What are my chances of getting out of this one???
  Send a private message to this user    
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you did wrong. i'd take the fine

your defense is weak. if you appeal and say it was you the transit cop will be their to testify it was you
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeing as it was public transport say taht u wernt drinking it but simply pickin up the bottle to put in the bin coz your getting sick of how disgusting the public transport system is getting.

if that fails say "I was trying to act older so these aboriginals/white trash in the same carrage dont beat me up"
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regardless of the situation I will write in and plead my case...

The worst that can happen is they dont reply and then I send another letter on the 21st day of the fine payment period and get another extension of 21 days...

There is no way in hell that I'll take it to court because I was caught and I did the wrong thing, I don't think I've been treated unjustly so I have no reason to take it to court... If they say sorry but the fine still stands you have been given an extension of x amount of days I will just pay up...

But I'd have to be a fucking spastic to just pay the fine without writing a letter pleading my case... Its like 45c for a postage stamp that could save me a $400 debt...

Oh and I actually had the drink in my mouth when he got me, and he let me finish it off... so I don't think the whole "I was trying to throw it in a bin" excuse will work very well...
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
say you were tasting it to make sure it wasnt poison that you'd need to locate the proper local laws to dispose of..
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could say I was doing a public favour by drinking it so that nobody else would drink it and cop a fine...
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably the most annoying thing about it was the girl had a handbag that was full of ticket books and pepper spray and shit... It was the worlds best sting operation... And they leave the station and walk back in just as the next train arrives so they can nab people unsuspectingly...
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but when they walked on were u like one of those loud train people that yell "OI WTF MATE WTF U LOOKIN AT DERE MATE OI MATE"

or did u sorta hang ya head down and not look at them ?
or
did you give them some retarded look that made them wanna kick uranus?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 09:37

Transit Police

AAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/html/emoticons/laughing1.gif

plastic copper
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously? you're pretty dopey to drink on a train, esp out of something as obvious as a beer bottle. at least get a 600ml coke and stick some bourbon in it.

I don't think you're gonna get much clemency. if they didn't give you an on-the-spot fine, I'd give you a 70/30 chance that they're just giving you a scare
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a scare to me...
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I always do stupid shit... Im smart but dont think... They were woodies anyhow...

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did thank the officer for informing me how I can appeal to have the fine lifted and shook his hand as I walked off...
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaa i was there and keal was loud before he got busted but wasnt offensive..but i reakon ur stuffed...

it was a churchy stingers special...

sucks about the fine but thanks for the entertainment.... Very Happy
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Busted on the soul train... Sat, 06 August 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you should buy some of that jesus juice........

http://mishilo.image.pbase.com/u47/drmomentum/large/30238891.20040616BuddyEvil001.jpg
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Mon, 08 August 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No fine yet...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Mon, 08 August 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fines can be sent up to 28 days later man
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Mon, 08 August 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I just point out that you can also be fined for giving a Transit Officer false information so if you contest it and they find out you gave a false date of birth you'll be paying another fine Confused
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy said the fine would come on monday... Maybe not...

How will he know? Im not gonna contest it, im just gonna ask for either a lighter penalty or no penalty...

Unless I just say he heard me wrong...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't there some sort of fine for underage drinking in a public place? If so, dude, pay the fine and be thankfull you aren't getting worse.

Also, you where drinking on a train. That's kinda not legal. Pay the fine and quit your complaining. Razz
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FFS I wasnt complaining... Im happy to pay the fine... I was just wondering if anyone knew how to or if I have a chance to get out of it...

Geez...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any "chance of getting out of it" could lead to court or lead to them looking up more details on you. In court there would be a lawyer involved and he would point out that you broke 3 laws that night, not just the 1 you were booked for.

1. underage drinking
2. drinking in public
3. giving wrong details

relax and wait for the fine to arrive. Then start worrying
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 13:09

79rollaboy wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 09:37

Transit Police

AAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/html/emoticons/laughing1.gif

plastic copper

man, we got like undercover connex doods flashing there connex badge and ak47s and shit Freak
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah them kinds here in melbourne are like Miami Vice...

you cant tell the difference between the person next to..
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 23:38

yeah them kinds here in melbourne are like Miami Vice...

you cant tell the difference between the person next to..

wait... you mean transit cops are.... real people???

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Tue, 09 August 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmm no,

they wear casual clothes, not in uniforms...

havent seen miami vice?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the fine today...

Aparently my name is John Keal...

Weird considering he was reading a concession card that said Keal Wilson... Fucking spastic... just coz he's not a real policeman doesnt mean he can give people stupid names...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just ring up and say that someone obviously gave a false name and address as there is no-one living there with that name Wink
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm but with a name like Keal... Its gonna look a bit sus... Unless I say someone took my concession card ages ago and I dont usually catch trains... which I don't
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like that would be my reason for not reporting the stolen concession card because I dont catch the train...

Oldcorollas: Do you get like distance lag using toymods in Japan??? Or is it just like toymods at home???
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Double Post

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 03:33]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they have served John Keal, don't pay the fine Smile it wasn't you that was served. Surely you can't be charged for not paying some one else's fine!!

If the officer can't even get a fact like that right, then there whole case is pretty thin.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get your parents to write a letter saying the name used was fraudulent
and that you were @ home on the night on the 'accused infringement'

easy done
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 13:38

get your parents to write a letter saying the name used was fraudulent
and that you were @ home on the night on the 'accused infringement'

easy done

true theres only one problem though, if the officer in question is asked to identify you or even the time. Every station has shitloads of camera's on it these days so if they wnated to they could probably prove you were there.
In saying that you can contest many fines be it parking if the details on them are incorrect, woohoo for loopholes.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Wed, 10 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you can prettymuch go "This isn't me on this fine." and then they get owned. You don't have to say more than that. Should get off scot free.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 11 August 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you were in the wrong.
No, there isn't anyway way you SHOULD be able to get out of it.

BUT

I'll bet my balls, that if you take half an ounce of legal advice, they'll say "Despite the fact that the fine SHOULD have been served to you, it hasn't been, so the fine is void."

Quite how you "Enforce" said voiditiy I don't know. However, they probably still have the right to issue you with the fine in the right name, however the likelyhood is that they will realise they look stupid and will just drop it.

I'd get your parents just to ring up some local justice department and say "We've got some fine here for someone named John Keal and no such person exists here"

The cop shop person will then say "Ok, ignore it and send it back"

In that case, one of two things will happen

1) It'll get lost in the system for ages until someone crops up and says "You've got an outstanding travel fine" and makes you pay it
OR
2) They just drop the damn thing all together.

But, in all honesty, if it was me, I definately WOULD NOT be paying the fine because it's not in your name.

By the same token, if they had have issued the fine to me in the CORRECT name, I definately WOULD Have been paying it.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 11 August 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with u stradlater

i dont know how the guy got his name wrong he was holding the concession card in his hand as he took notes...maybe it was a scare tatic...
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 18 August 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A)What you should have said when u got caught is that u are not with those people u were with and they dont know u (out loud so they can hear) and when u go out for the night u dont carry your wallet or phone, u just carry enough money incase u get mugged. then u make an alias and stick with it BUT if ya too dumb to remember it and get caught out its another $50 for under 18's.

B)Not ur name and the age is all messed up on the fine. intant void dont pay it. It wont even make it into court = u no fine
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 18 August 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 15:15

1) It'll get lost in the system for ages until someone crops up and says "You've got an outstanding travel fine" and makes you pay it

This wont happen for the reason that the person on the fine is non existant and in no way is connected to u. for all they know they got the name and age correct but the address is wrong
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 18 August 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've sent a letter stating that someone has obviously attempted to "assume my identity" so to speak and sent in a copy of my concession card to prove it...

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 18 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either:
A)Just ignore it
B)Chuck it back in the post with "Return to sender, no such person at address" written on it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Thu, 18 August 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's an idea.

Pay the fine, 'cuz you deserve it. And stop underage drinking on public transport.

Bleh. Kids these days.

Wink
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bleh, rules these days... I bet in the 50's it was normal to sink a beer or two and light up on the train...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the 50's they were also oblivious to the fcat that smoking caused lung cancer so thats not really a valid argument no is it.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 15:25

in the 50's they were also oblivious to the fcat that smoking caused lung cancer so thats not really a valid argument no is it.

*slices off own head with butter knife*

what does them being OBLIVIOUS TO CIGARETTES CAUSING LUNG CANCER HAVE TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF FISH IN CHINA?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has to do with 79rollaboy's comment about being able to light up a cigarette on a train in the 50's dick head.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll find many of the fishmarkets in china in the 50's were run by druglords who had close ties with tobacco smugling rings, quite obviously tobacco sales were up due to the fact that people were oblivious to the health effects of tobacco, therefore, fish prices were down...

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 15:29

You'll find many of the fishmarkets in china in the 50's were run by druglords who had close ties with tobacco smugling rings, quite obviously tobacco sales were up due to the fact that people were oblivious to the health effects of tobacco, therefore, fish prices were down...

I was just about to say that.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 19 August 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 15:29

aw man ur on a roll tonight!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Busted on the soul train... Fri, 02 September 2005 08:14 Go to previous message
HELL YEAH!!! Got my letter today!! Im free suckers... Im not gonna do that again...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ATTENTION NERDS need help with XP
Next Topic:That jap drifter guy we all love. Episode one: After that tofu shop
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:20:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079460144042969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.