Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Fri, 26 August 2005 16:12 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I am going to buy some rims with goodyear f1 tyres on them.

Anyone had these before?
How have you found them?
Any other comments?
Rating out of 10?
Price you paid for them?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sat, 27 August 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of f1's? DSG2s or DSG3s? And a size would be helpful in relation to pricing.

I've had dsg2s on before. They're ok but i wouldn't say they're fantastic. They seemed to have a reasonable grip level but when they let go, it was very sudden with little warning.

Mine cost $600 for a set of 4 215, 45 r17s.

Eddie.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sat, 27 August 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i always loved the GS-D2's now discontinued. they dont give much warning before they let go but when they do it is fairly progressive but it dosent squeal and give you any warning in that sense,.

my all time favourite tyre Smile i went through like 6 sets of the thigns. i havent tried the newer GS-D3 but i have heard good things about them.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sun, 28 August 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have em on my Gt4 - and ta22 before that - Couldnt fault them Smile

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sun, 28 August 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i now have a set of brand new F1's on my 86, and after the drift aust day at mallala i cannot fault them. they just keep griping, really predictable tyres anmd get up to temp very quick. cant rate tyre wear since its a drift car but i'd buy them for the street in a snap.,

FWIW i paid 125 per tyre in 195/50/15
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sun, 28 August 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I got them on the old girl. Great tyre in the dry and even better in the wet.

I can't tell you how well they wear 'cos I'm pretty gentle with tyres and I usually get quite a few thousand km per set. The F1's are my third set of tyres since 1982. I've only had them for a few months, so I reckon they'll be due for replacement around 2015!

seeyuzz
river
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sun, 28 August 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I have been EXTREMELY happy with my goodyear Eagle F1s
xl912
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Wed, 31 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goodyear F1 GSD3 are without equal as a road tyre. Their level of grip, wet or dry, is just amazing.

They have 3 down points:
- a little noisy
- tramline
- not available in enough sizes

Also try Firestone SZ50EP, if you can get them, or Bridgestone S03; but terribly overpriced.

F1's highly recommended.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Wed, 31 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xl912 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 20:02

Also try Firestone SZ50EP, if you can get them, or Bridgestone S03; but terribly overpriced.

Bridgestone RE-01R's have better grip than S03, but yes.. are exxy.. i have yet to lose traction with them tho, and am afraid i'm gonna hurt myself one day with the brakes Razz
215/45/17 = ~$300 each Shocked
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Wed, 31 August 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goodyear F1's are a good grippy tyre but they are too soft a compound (which is why they grip well) but they wear out too fast. i used to run them on my AW11, but i now have Toyo's (an't think of the name atm), they have the same grip but harder compound (~$130 per tyre)
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Thu, 01 September 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had goodyear F1 on my old car, didnt last a yr. was pretty bald after 2-3 trackday
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Fri, 02 September 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have GS_D3 not cheap, $ $440 eachin 18", Great tyres, even in the wet!
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Fri, 02 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what tyres would you recommend in 16" then guys?

was looking at potenza G3 But damn they are pricey
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Fri, 02 September 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got potenza G3 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

nowander i cant get the ass out easily
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anyone use goodyear F1 Tyres? Sat, 03 September 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
LEVIN GTV wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 17:30

so what tyres would you recommend in 16" then guys?

was looking at potenza G3 But damn they are pricey

Maxxis MA-Z1 "Victra" - see the May 2005 Wheels tyre test. Cheapest tyre in catagory ($198 in 235/45R17) and it finished 3rd against $250-->$360 tyres ! ! !

Unfortunately you're restricted to 205/40 and 205/45 in 16" rims: http://www.maxxis.com/products/automotive/product_ detail.asp?id=102

If you wanna step down a notch, the Maxxis MA-P1 did fairly well in the "cheapie" class, and should cost more like $120-->$130. http://www.maxxis.com/products/automotive/product_ detail.asp?id=262

BF Goodrich "Sport T/A" always do well (Top3 usually) in tyre tests, and your Bridgey Potenza GIII can be had for around $160->$170 in 215/60/16 if you call around. I've had no joy from Toyo's or from Sime/Simtyre. I just put (Hankook) Ventus sports K-104's on the front of the skyline, and they seem quite good - slightly grippier than the ROOTED Pirelli P-Zero's they replaced. Of course, their grip will fade below that level as they harden with age.

Oh - I had Ealge GS-D2's on the FRONT of my Celica, and LOVED them ! 60,000km on the front, and I always made 'em work HARD for da money. Nice stiff sidewall in 'em too, which gave bunta steering feel. This is them at 63,000km (long story - waited MONTHS for various 17" wheels which never came) :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/hardman69/9c436fa0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/hardman69/96b2b687.jpg

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:D1 anyone?
Next Topic:looking for agressive artists sketch of classic celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:17:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050370693206787 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.