Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 03:29 Go to next message
is there a way to do it? i have been using nero to burn cds, but now i wanna make mp3 cds and select the order. but nero aranges the folders in alphabetical order AND the files in the folders. is there a away around this so you can select the file order? or is there a program that allows you to chose the order? i think i used to be able to do it with roxio but it doesnt work with my new burner.
any help appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not much help but try renaming the files? Laughing

sounds stupid but i did this to listen to my mp3 player in order!
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think if you name them 01 - Filename.mp3 most mp3 players cut off the 03 - bit when displaying the name. look in your manual or do a google search by your model number, you should find the exact format somewhere

chris
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only problem is, ive already ripped 82 albums so far and i dont wanna have to rename like 1000 songs or rip them over again. cause you can arange folder by track number which i have already. so i think it would be easier to find a burning program that could let me burn in the order i click and drag the folders Smile

the cds are for my cars head unit not a portable like an ipod if that makes a difference.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the order of the burn is irrelevent (i think) the player will still read them as an alphabetical listing.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent thought about that, i thought the head unit would just read them in the order that they are written? does it have the capability to rearange them?
i mean if theres no way to do it ill just have to put up with it Sad but if theres another program like roxio where you can chose the file order that would be sweet.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i had to do this for my mp3 head unit

I just renamed the 01,02,03....

or make seperate folders?
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i just had an idea. in theory, you should be able to write a program where you choose the order you want the songs, then as it burns the cd it add the prefix "01 - " etc to every file in the order you stated. this way you would not have to rename at all. as to whether or not such a prog exists, i have no idea. this might be how roxio works, idont know i have never used it, or there might be an even better way. my HU does play mp3s but i still havent bothered coz i plug my ipod into the aux.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i guess the only way is to rename the files, but as there are already over 1000, i wont be doing that.
i wish i had have known it would only do them in alphabetical order before i started ripping them Confused
i know it sounds fussy but i just wanted the option of listening to one album in its original order by playing one folder, ohwell.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your mp3 deck should be capable of playing in folders, I know mine is. I forgot the model but it's Pioneer
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but within the folder the tracks will be played in alphabetical order. keep searching. now that ive thought about it a bit i think you are right, there must be a program out there for this specific purpose.
good luck.

chris
PS. renaming files sucks. when my HD died i pulled all my mp3s back off my ipod, but had to rename like 90% of them (about 1500) coz itunes chops the ends off the filenames. and for bands with really long names eg. rage against the machine, the entire track name is deleted! i hate apple.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sat, 03 September 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Custom Sort Order

Most of the car and portable mp3 players say that songs will always be played in alphabetical order. But our tests show that in most head units they are played in the order they are saved on CD�s. MP3BR Imager lets you organize folders and files in a customized order. Just click on the up and down buttons and move songs and/or folders so that they are burned on the CD in the order you want. You don�t need to number your files according to your preference anymore. Even for the players that force the alphabetical order when playing there is a solution: MP3BR Imager can automatically insert numbers renaming the songs just inside the image file. So, the source files are untouched and you can burn CD�s with different playing orders without manually renaming folders and files. Of course, if you want one special folder to be in alphabetical order you can do it too.

http://www.mp3br.com/index.html

there u go mate Wink

Is your shop up and running yet btw?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sun, 04 September 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, you are a champion! im downloading the program now and will give it a go soon, cheers for that Smile

yup new workshop is good, flat out from the start Wink
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: burning files to cds in your own order Sun, 04 September 2005 10:55 Go to previous message
just used the program, did the songs in order for a cd and then wrote an .iso file and burnt it with nero. tried it in the car and they are in alphabetical order!
would it be nero rearanging them before it burns the cd or could it be the HU? surely its not the headunit cause it doesnt say the title of the folder just the number ie folder 2.

and another thing, of the mp3 cds ive burnt, say there are 5 folders, in the HU it will say there are 6 but the first folder there is nothing? its not a big deal i was just wondering why that was, hu is a current pioneer.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The unseen Iran
Next Topic:Search engine, which is the best?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:13:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055110454559326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.